• 23.04.2024, 20:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 08:39

You need resistors like the "These LEDs also come with our free wiring guide to help you get started immediately.". Without resistors you damage your LEDs and the farbwerk.
The source voltage from farbwerk is 12V.

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 08:40

Those aren't 12v LEDs. It says it right on the page.

Provided the correct voltage, LEDs in this respect don't care about amperage. They will draw whatever they draw. if amperage provided is less that what the LED can use, it will be dimmer, that's all. If the strips require more than the 2.5A the farbwerk can provide, you kill the unit.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (3. März 2015, 08:42)

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 15:08

If you look at the eBay page (where I bought them from), they do say:

• Recommended resistance: 330 to 1K Ohms with 5.0V to 12.0V operating voltage

I guess I need to buy some resistances.

Thanks,
Jorge[list][*][/list]

Donnerstag, 5. März 2015, 20:06

I'd like to expand on Jose's feedback post.

More of a possible bug in this instance.

I too would like some of the features with regards to what the farbwerk itself can do brought down to the auqaero. Instead of having to tell the farbwerk to either have absolute control or pass it off, if passing, it seems as though it's simply a SW issue to get that functionality in there.

Secondly, and this may be a bug of sorts, and not that much of an issue for me, but when rotating colors at full speed via aquaero control, the color gradients are not smooth. The LEDs are stepping through the colors. Slowing it down smooths things and the transitions are much nicer. The slower it goes, the smoother it is. Can this be a limitation to how much data is being sent from the auqaero to the farbwerk via auqabus, or at least the speed of data (assume it's simply a serial protocol of some sort)? Though, I didn't notice any difference if controlling all four outputs as opposed to one. The effect seemed to be the same. When rapidly cycling through the spectrum via native farbwerk control at full tilt, it's very smooth.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (5. März 2015, 20:07)

Jenko97

Donnerstag, 12. März 2015, 21:54

I've recently installed a farbwerk into my system and have been using my phobya rgb led strips and it has worked great.

However, I've decided to buy the aquacomputer strips as they are longer and better suit my needs. I didn't realise at the time that the cables weren't included and am struggling to connect them as I have no wire.

Is this the only way to connect them: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3231? I can't seem to find this cable anywhere in the UK except overclockers which are out of stock at the moment. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc…428&subcat=1430.

Are there any generic connectors I can buy on amazon to connect the strips? I would ideally like to avoid paying to ship three cables from Germany to Ireland when I can get them somewhere more locally.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Freitag, 13. März 2015, 08:52

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (13. März 2015, 08:55)

Jenko97

Freitag, 13. März 2015, 12:13

Thanks for the response I appreciate it :thumbsup:

However I already have similar cables to this and there is no way of connecting that connector to the aquacomputer led strips. They work with the phobya strips and that 4 pin connector is what goes into the farbwerk but the end of the aquacomputer strips have seemingly no plug in which to connect the cable to the farbwerk. I think that the aquacomputer strips require a specific cable and I am struggling to find the right cable near the uk.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the correct cable:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3231

I have a feeling that this is another generic connection that I can get somewhere locally.

I don't mean to be rude, I really do appreciate your help but I don't think this is the right cable. :D

Freitag, 13. März 2015, 12:35

You have probably checked this out, but in case, Aquatuning UK has 2 weeks delivery for the patient. :)

Jenko97

Freitag, 13. März 2015, 12:42

You have probably checked this out, but in case, Aquatuning UK has 2 weeks delivery for the patient. :)
Thanks, don't fancy that 2 week delivery but it looks like it could be the only option. Either that or wait until overclockers have it in stock. :(

Freitag, 13. März 2015, 13:53

I don't mean to be rude, I really do appreciate your help but I don't think this is the right cable.

No worries. I've not seen the AC strip in person, so I assumed it would be the same connector as the farbwerk provides. How silly of me to think they were the same... ;)

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 07:13

I just received my farbwerk. Connected it trough aquabus and USB.
My 5LT sees the farbwerk on Bus address 20. The device also appears in the device list. I can also adjust the color settings withint the device itself using USB, but how can I control the device with the aquabus with no usb connected?

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 14:05

I do not have a farbwerk nor the 5LT, but I believe under the 5LT tab, you select the "Controllers" Tab, click on the "+" symbol next to "Outputs" (upper right) & select "LED controller", and set it up there.

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 16:27

I did, but it does not work. I had 2 ledstrings attached to the controller, I could only select 1; Farbwerk(1) 1-R /G/B. But I was not able to control the colors either. What am I doing wrong here ;(

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 16:34

In the farbwerk setup you have to configure the farbwerks outputs as external controlled.

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 18:21

8| Is there any documentation on how to do so? I have no idea how to solve this (maybe I should make a different thread and not to hijack this 1).

EDIT:
Added the output and added the controller.....still not working.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »XenoMorpH« (26. März 2015, 20:29)

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 21:11

Deselect switched output.

Freitag, 27. März 2015, 07:12

You have to set the output mode in the farbwerk to external.

Freitag, 27. März 2015, 15:40

:thumbsup: ...I completely overlooked that optinion :pinch: 8| All fixed now, tnx!!

Dienstag, 31. März 2015, 10:16

Can you connect RGB LED single bulbs to the Farbwerk or only LED Strips?

Freitag, 29. Mai 2015, 00:05

what is the second aquabus connection used for?
Thanks,
Beercules