• 24.05.2024, 14:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Pump on my Aquaduct 360 Mark III

Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014, 15:47

Hello !
After seeing that water was not as clear as in its original state, I decided to replace it. I did all operations carefully in order to not have water leakage on the floor. First, I unplugged all the sytem from electrical power.
1 - I closed the two ball valves at the bottom of Aquaduct, I opened the circuitry just by removing the hoses from the two connectors. I emptied the circuitry.
2 - Then, it was the time for the Aquaduct. I open the two ball valves and with patience and care, I tilted the Aquaduct until not having water leaking from its input and output
3 - I reconnected the complete circuitry, I filled Aquaduct on the right side as always, put the power on and...
The pump is rattling and I observed that I have no flow, few seconds later the series of long beep. I checked again the ball valves which are open. No matter. I tilted Aquaduct several times but no improvement. In order no to damage the pump, I did my trials very fast.
At last, I connect a short hose on the input of the Aquaduct. After power on, it appeared with a finger on the other end of the hose that I have no succion. I really don't understand. ;(
Thanks a lot for your help. I checked any thing I would forget but all is ok... ?(

Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014, 17:05

OK, I succeeded in fulling my circuitry. It appeared that for a system full of air, waterflow is very difficult. With patience and several restarts, it works. A tip : don(t hesitate to shake the hoses themselves.

Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2014, 05:23

Depending on the volume of your circuit, you may need to fill the reservoir, run the pump for a bit, then refill the reservoir as the pump moves water into the circuit. This cycle may need to be done several times until you see water cascading across the top of the aquaduct. And yes, to deaerate you need to wiggle the hoses and tilt the computer back and forth and to and fro to minimize bubbles in the water blocks and fittings.

The pump rattling is an indication it is starved for water and the beeps are the aquaduct alarm indicating the same.

These pumps do NOT pull a suction, you always have to have a positive head pressure for them to work... they only 'push' water through the circuit.

Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2014, 09:32

Tilting my computer is a difficult operation due to its weight.

Zitat

These pumps do NOT pull a suction, you always have to have a positive head pressure for them to work... they only 'push' water through the circuit.
Very important information to keep in mind, thank you. To detect any succion with the finger is not a way to verify if the pump is operational, ok...
Another question, maybe stupid, but I want to check this point. We have black and red little plastic balls inside Aquaduct. By tilting Aquaduct, do we have a risk of having these balls escaping and running in the circuitry, or the conception is safe such as we cannot have such a problem ?

Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2014, 04:17

I do not have a Mark III aquaduct so I am not sure about the black & red balls, but I assume they may have something to do with water level indication.
I don't think the aquaduct needs so much done for deaeration... it is basically two reservoirs which deaerate naturally by gravity.
If you cannot move the computer, perhaps to tap lightly on the waterblocks with something light, like the plastic handle of a small screwdriver... the intent being to dislodge bubbles and have them move through the circuit until they get to the reservoir.

Air is your enemy in water cooling as it is very poor at transferring heat.