• 27.04.2024, 06:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

EK Water Blocks EK-D5 PWM Pump and Aquaero 6 Pro. Controlling fan speed via RPM.

Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2015, 14:09

Hi,
Are there any known issues using this pump with an Aquaero Pro 6 controller as it doesn't seem to be able to control the RPM (stays at about 2000 RPM) but it works fine off the CPU fan header. I know there has been issues with Swiftech D5 pumps. I have the 4 pin fan cable plugged into Fan #1 on the 6 Pro.

Thanks,
Jason

pcRelic

Freitag, 9. Januar 2015, 10:03

Yes it is known that it does not work. EK D5 PWM is the same as Swiftech D5 PWM and any other D5 PMW pump in the market, because neither one manufactures these pumps. They just re-label them.

Only Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and aquabus interface will work via aquabus.

Freitag, 9. Januar 2015, 11:44

I'm not trying to use it via Aquabus as I realise this is a propriety interface. It's plugged into PWM #1.
Any help with appreciated as I don't want to have to buy another D5 if I can hep it ;(

pcRelic

Freitag, 9. Januar 2015, 17:09

AGAIN: Yes it is known that it does not work. That is, any D5 PWM pump of any brand, with aquaero 5 or 6 though fan channel in PWM mode. It does not work.

Only D5 pump you can properly control is Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and aquabus interface which connects to aquaero via aquabus.

You can also control D5-Vario, but it will work between 3000 and 4800 rpm aprox. So limited range.

Freitag, 9. Januar 2015, 17:20

Thank you for the explanation and no need to shout.

Maybe this should be made a bit clearer on AquaComputers and resellers websites as a lot of people seem to make the same mistake. Yes we could all spend a long time researching this but a lot of the time, unless otherwise stated, most people will think it will work as it just mentions D5 pumps.

Freitag, 9. Januar 2015, 22:23

AGAIN: Yes it is known that it does not work. That is, any D5 PWM pump of any brand, with aquaero 5 or 6 though fan channel in PWM mode. It does not work.

Only D5 pump you can properly control is Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and aquabus interface which connects to aquaero via aquabus.

You can also control D5-Vario, but it will work between 3000 and 4800 rpm aprox. So limited range.

The D5 pwm pumps most certainly work just fine with the Aquaero 5 units. I have 2 Aquaero 5 Pro's and 2 D5 pwm pumps working fine via pwm.

Samstag, 10. Januar 2015, 17:38

Anybody from Aquacomputer able to confirm this please?
thanks.

Samstag, 10. Januar 2015, 18:16

It's the Aquaero 6 units that the pwm D5 pumps have problems with.

There is no problem I have seen with running pwm from the Fan 4 header on any of the Aquaero 5 units, and I have 2 Pro's and 1 LT that work just fine with any pwm pump including D5's and the MCP35x.

The fault is actually not with the Aquaero 6 -although changes were made in the pwm circuitry- but with the D5's implementation of pwm. The D5's require a 5V pullup to work correctly with the Aquaero 6.
More reading here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1423333/aquac…-aquaero-6/0_20

Montag, 12. Januar 2015, 08:47

This was Shoggy from Aquacomp in another forum

"The D5 variant corresponds PWM PWM NOT the official specifications of Intel! On Aquaero 5 there is a 50/50 gamble when you can control by PWM. On Aquaero 6 again is not the point. This can be resolved as follows Mod."