• 27.04.2024, 09:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

10K Sensor Y cable? Will it work?

Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015, 15:34

I have some temperatures I have wired to the Aquaro 5 LT but which I also want to have displayed on a seperate display (3rd party). They use the same standard 10K input type, so I figured I could just split the cable and lead it to both inputs.

Will it Work? If not, how can I make it Work and why?

Cheers,
Morten,
Denmark

Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015, 16:28

If i recall fifth grade right you get only half the ampere out as normal, if you get the polarity right and the two use the same voltage.
I would´t do it.

I=U/R

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (25. Januar 2015, 16:36)

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 08:37

If i recall fifth grade right you get only half the ampere out as normal, if you get the polarity right and the two use the same voltage.
I would´t do it.

I=U/R

That is pretty early to larn about Ohm´s law (directly translated). Anyway, you didn't seem to get my question right.

I'm just looking for a way to send a single Temperature Measurement to 2 input sources. Must be someone who came up with some sort of splitter or relay unit.

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 09:56

This is not pissible.
In the best case both devices shows a wrong temperature. In the worst case one device is damaged.

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 13:43

This is not pissible.
In the best case both devices shows a wrong temperature. In the worst case one device is damaged.

Thank you for taking your time for answering ^^
I figured that out myself after posting, but it should be possible to find or build a relay to send the signal onwards to two destinations.

No one has knowledge on such an item?

Just seems odd. Must be many uses for 1 temperature reading that is sent to multiple devices!

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 17:03

Something like this:

http://workaci.com/products/aar-analog-i…e-relay-outputs

I'm not technically knowledge able enough to come up with my own design but if anyone knows one it should be possible to make one ourselves.
I also saw some arduino Works to do something similar (http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Brick…kingConnections) but it is more complicated than I need - I do have an Arduino I made myself though.

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015, 15:44

Ok, so, I have talked to some manufacturer and also found some suitable devices on my own. "Problem" is the cost of the devices I can buy as they cost $50 which defeats the purpose.

On the other hand, I have seen many builds with arduino for handling thermistor outputs, so that could be an option as I made my own arduino a few years back.

In this forum thread, they talk about the exact item I want:
Monitor 1 Thermistor with 2 devices?
https://forums.electricimp.com/discussio…th-2-devices/p1

One Company offered to make a device with two outputs for me, so that is an option: http://workaci.com/products/aar-analog-i…e-relay-outputs
I would really just have liked a plug n' play device without the added whistles and bells.

I can see hot-tub users and resellers are making the exact device I need, which is basically just a "buffer amplifier" set as follow voltage / unit gain buffer aplifier: (also mentioned in the first link above)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_amplifier
Figure 3. is the relevant / interesting one.

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015, 19:13

What is actually with the cheap and simple solution?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (4. Februar 2015, 19:15)

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015, 19:25

What is actually with the cheap and simple solution?

Not sure I get your point?
Best solution would be if Aquaro could outpu the same signal to external temp readers :)

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015, 19:39

Use 2 temperature-sensor pro temperature

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015, 20:26

Use 2 temperature-sensor pro temperature

That is hardly a solution to my needs.
My current radiator has enough outputs for this, but I usually make small effective builds with a 120mm rad where 2 sensors at most can be installed. There is no room for inline temps in these systems.

Its very redundant to be forced to read out the same temperature twice, and do it both for hot and Cold is silly when it can be replicated in a simple controller.

There are many other usecases where it would be very usefull to have 1 readout go to multiple destination devices.

Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015, 07:27

There are many other usecases where it would be very usefull to have 1 readout go to multiple destination devices.
This is not possible with a NTC. The ntc is driven from 1 current/voltage source with a reference point. When you connect a sensor to the aquaero, the sebnsor is exclusive used by the aquaero.
When you attach other cables to this measurment, the measures themperatures are wrong.

Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015, 07:48

This is not possible with a NTC. The ntc is driven from 1 current/voltage source with a reference point. When you connect a sensor to the aquaero, the sebnsor is exclusive used by the aquaero.
When you attach other cables to this measurment, the measures themperatures are wrong.

I know Aquaro can't do it. I also understand why it cant.

The sensors used by Aquacomputer are not exclusively used for Aquaro.. they closely match what is used for Motherboards and other similar 10k temp probe devices. They are very interchangeable.

A firm offered to modify an existing product they had and sell it to me for $50 + shipping, but it is much more advanced than I need/want. Their product can output 1 now, so not much extra effort to make it twice.
I would need two of these though..

It would be a nice feature to implement on Aquaro for future builds though.

Edit: might be easier to drill out an existing G1/4" plug and install an extra temp probe in there and fill it with epoxy or some similar stuff. The temperatures are in no way exact as it is, so it would matter to have it thrown off a bit by doing this. Not like we get Water temperature with these anyway (we get temperature of probecasing)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (5. Februar 2015, 07:52)