• 27.04.2024, 19:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problem controlling D5 pump power

Montag, 23. Februar 2015, 18:17

Hi, I have a D5 pump that doesn't appear to respond when I reduce pump power using aquasuite 2015. I understand that when I first power the pump on, pump power is 100% by default. After installing aquasuite, (and then shutting down and connecting the D5 USB) the mps device is recognized easily, but when I adjust power to any other level and click save, the noise level stays the same and the flow rate appears unchanged. I don't have a flow meter yet so I can't know for sure that the flow rate isn't changing, but after saving an adjustment in pump power there is no change in pump noise and there's no discernible/observable change in flow rate (which is especially apparent early in the bleeding stage when there are enough air bubbles to easily see the flow).

Aquasuite shows a rotation around 3,600 RPM regardless of the power level. When I make a power level adjustment, the monitoring graphic shows the needle change to the new power level, and the RPM reduces about 5% briefly before leveling back out (to +/- 2% of the initial level). If I install aquasuite on a different computer and connect the D5 USB, the mps configuration tab shows the power level that I last set it to using the other computer, so I know that I'm able to store the setting change.

What might be going on? Even with a rubber gasket between the pump mount and the panel it's mounted to, the noise level is unacceptably high (and is probably producing a diminishing return with a flow rate too fast for my loop). I won't have a flow meter until at least the end of this week, but if necessary I can add a u-tube manometer if I must get some flow measurements before I have a proper flow meter.

Currently this loop has one radiator (Phobya 200mm) and one block (XSPC Raystorm copper) but in the next few weeks I will be adding a GPU block and 2 additional radiators (140 single and 280 dual). Also if it matters, I'm using 3/8 in ID tubing for the time being.

pcRelic

Montag, 23. Februar 2015, 19:13

Loop specs? Pump model? Please specify, and some photos would help.

If the pump is model D5 USB aquabus, it is not controlled by power level. Read the manuals.

Montag, 23. Februar 2015, 21:04

Yes, the pump is the AC D5 USB/Aquabus pump. What exactly do you mean by:
If the pump is model D5 USB aquabus, it is not controlled by power level. Read the manuals.
I saw one reference to this ("not controlled by power level") from someone elsewhere in the forum, but according to the manual:

12. Configuration of the mps device (aquasuite)
......12.5. Pump power
..............Adjust pump power as desired.

Seems clear in the manual, and seems to be supported by the power level slider included in the D5 mps configuration tab...and in this thread d5-pump-control-via-aquabus-not-responding, sebastian seems to confirm that if you cannot control the pump speed via USB, that the pump has an error:

Zitat

// no response on speed control (always showing RPM between 3600-3800 with 25-100% power configured)

>>Can you control the pump via USB (you have to disconnect the aquabus)?

// No, speed control is not working even with aquabus disconnected and pump connected only thru USB.

>>In this case your pump has an error, contact our support: info@aqua-computer.de
At this point, I guess my question is: is not the case that I should be able to control the D5 pump speed via aquasuite?

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015, 07:30

The pump runs at 4800rpm at 100%. When the pump is not controllable and is running ~3600rpm the pump has an defect.
Contact the support or your shop.

Lazer

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 05:38

Hey all.
Did you get this sorted? I had a little trouble with mine when I got it till I found the priority setting under the MPS/System menu.
If you want USB control ie. the manual slider under mps/Configuration, Then set MPS/ System /Aquabus configuration /priority: USB. A little bullet point located under the "aquabus address"
If you want an Aquaro controller to take care of it. Then set priority: aquabus and setup the controller under Aquaero/ Controllers.
Mine is totally silent at all settings. So you may in fact have a different problem.