• 24.06.2024, 16:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Coolant Particals Filtering to top of Reservoir - Need Ideas.

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015, 17:47

Hey everyone,

I've finished my build not long ago, with dual loops and I seem to have an issue im not sure on how to fix.

The loops running ok kind of, but the res seems to be insignificant and just a catchment for coolant that's not being used and as you can see in the image the color of the coolant is getting darker to the top, so its not mixing at all, as I put a few drops of dye in it in the start to try and darken it up as well.

It seemed to be doing ok but after I guess a month this darker color up top has developed.

Any suggestions?

This is showing the front of my machine and the back, ignore the mess at the back, I've just had a hip replacement op and my focus was getting it up and running before I went in to the hospital ect. Not to mention im glad all my frozen cpu orders were finished before xmas!!

At the start as you can see in one of the front images I had the loops entering into the res via the top of the res, but the pumps were making a horrible grinding noise that just wouldn't go away, I tested with the soft tube just to check if one day from the aquaero to the front input of the aquacomputer pump as you can see that almost instantly the horrid sound went away. So I bent another tube and routed that other top one straight down the front and that fixed the noise issues but now it looks like the res is just not mixing.

Current Machine

This is how I routed the hard tube and it was noisy, before testing the one blue tube then changing the other hard tube.
[img]http://www.hemaloto.com/images/Front 2.jpg[/img]

Shabby Back

Coolant running in the loops are Mayhem Pastel Concentrates mixed with distilled water. Colors are Pastel Blueberry and Pastel Red. Also added a few drops of Mayhem Dye Red and Blue to each colors to darken them.

Im running 2 loops here, with 2 480 rads in each loop with a d5 aquabus usb pump with a 880ml res with nano coating.

The cpu (5960X)and motherboard(rampage 5 extreme) loop also has the aquaero 6 for one loop, and the other has 2 980gtx's. (also with an issue ill post in another thread!! )

Anyhows, any suggestions will be helpful.

Also note, I have not finished, I have not connected up the aquareo correctly, currently its just supplying power to the 4 banks of 4 fans on each of the rads and checkings temps. I'll connect everything up correctly soon and add the software with temp curves ect ect.

I also have a hell of a lot of tubing left because this was my first attempt at bending and I expected I would be utter rubbish and I was and its frustrating at times. I need to change some pipes and do some better bends/routing as I am not happy with some angles, but I was pressed for time to get my rig running.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tasmik« (24. Februar 2015, 17:54)

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015, 18:46

I've seen that build somewhere else just recently...can't remember where now.

This is one of the reasons I don't like some of the D5 top setups. You're really doing nothing but feeding the pump directly and the res is essentially a bubble release mechanism at that point. So yeah, it's not going to stir things up at all.

I've recently changed over from a bay res to an Aqualis (still building) with dual DDC pumps. The return connection hits a flange on one side that essentially stirs the pot as it were, which will give whatever you have in there a nice, turbulant mix, depending on pump speed of course. The feed is on the other side. Water has no choice but to go into and out of the thing.

In your case, the return and subsequent feed don't really go into/out of the tube. It's more of a direct feed in/out of the pump. I had the same issue with my initial setup using Mayhem's Aurora coolants...nothing really exciting was happening.

As for why your pump was making noises when the return was being fed from the top, I don't recall if I had a similar issue when testing the setup, but my only guess water wasn't making in from the top port. Sometimes air is to blame, but I assume you had bled everything out at that point.

I have some of the same HW that's waiting for some MM parts to show up...hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (24. Februar 2015, 18:50)

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015, 19:12

I am not seeing your 'Front 2.jpg' image

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 09:47

Hi For some reason it wasn't showing up when I tried to edit it.
The image is just me showing with paintshop how I originally had the pips setup.

I love this res, its beautiful, but I need a real way of getting this working so that the fluid is forced to mix correctly, this image above was doing it, but it was noisy as hell for some reason.
Hoping someone else has had this kind of issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tasmik« (25. Februar 2015, 09:53)

pcRelic

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 12:01

I can think of two solutions:

1 - Replace reservoirs for these models so the coolant goes through the res before entering the pump: aqualis base for pump adapters 880 ml with fountain effect and nano coating

or

2 - Go for inlets to the tops of reservoirs, but not directly as free fall will be noisy as hell. Use these for inlets: aquajet rinsing device for aquatube G1/4

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 12:30

I think he is using those reservoirs you suggested pcRelic. At least they look like those on the photos.

That is why I'm a bit confused, I have the same reservoir and if you connect the return to the middle port the water goes through the center pipe and out the top. Maybe it is different with the D5 tops that are used here...

Kind regards,
Boris.

pcRelic

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 12:49

I'm quite sure that he is using this model which has no fountain effect, and the liquid goes straight to the pump without reentering the reservoir: aqualis base for pump adapters 880 ml with nano coating

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 13:46

The question I have is, why does it appear as though the reservoir starves the pump when it is fed from the top? Is there some blockage at the reservoir/pump top interface?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. Februar 2015, 13:48)

Samstag, 11. April 2015, 12:28

Hi guys/gals, this is getting worse now, the red one is almost dark red to half way down the res, so I am going to have to try and fix this soon, any ideas?
I was going to try routing this again through the top and see if the noise I was getting originally is still happening, if it does I will take a video of it to see if that helps with people giving me ideas whats up with the hideous noise.
any other ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers