• 28.04.2024, 13:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero RGB header voltage

Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 08:47

Can someone confirm that the aquaero RGB led header is 4.5v?

Second to that, can someone provide a part number for a common cathode diffused LED that will take that voltage. Seems like a strange voltage.

I had all colors at full tilt and that's what I measured. I'd like to use a diffused LED as the one provided separates colors a bit and doesn't mix very well.

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 01:48

I am not very technical, so I am not sure if this applies or even address' your question, but I found the following in the aquaero 5/6 manual.

Zitat

4.11. Connector „RGB LED“
Connector for up to three LEDs or one two-color or RGB illumination module
(not included in delivery). High brightness LEDs (3-4 V, 20 mA) may be con-
nected without series resistor, a series resistor is built into the aquaero.
Pin assignment:
Pin 1: VCC LED 1
Pin 2: VCC LED 2
Pin 3: GND
Pin 4: VCC LED 3

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 16:23

I did see that, but that being the case, 3-4 isn't 4.5. Can't say I've run into too many LEDs, in particular RGB ones with a >2.1v red element.

I've got some diffused common cathode LEDs already that are rated for 1.9, 3.1 and 3.2v respectively. I suppose I can toss some resistors on, but I'd rather find what their P/N is and find a diffused variant.

Sonntag, 22. März 2015, 11:09

AC guys...any input? I can't imagine an LED is a closely guarded secret.

Sonntag, 22. März 2015, 14:22

I think aquacomputer support does not necessarily monitor these forums on a regular basis, but an email to support@aqua-computer.de should yield a timely response.

Sonntag, 22. März 2015, 14:39

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Montag, 23. März 2015, 21:55

Well, it seems it doesn't matter. I had some spare diffused LEDs and just give it a go, and it's all good. Dunno why my multimeter was reading 4.5v...oh well.

Montag, 23. März 2015, 23:45

Was your reading taken with the output loaded i.e. driving an LED or unloaded? The Aquero LED outputs have a built in resistor. You will get a significantly lower reading when the output is loaded down.

Dienstag, 24. März 2015, 07:53

The reading was taken unloaded, and for this voltage, any controller worth anything would hold its voltage weather loaded or not. Certainly shouldn't show a difference over a volt and an LED wouldn't cause that kind of drop.

Dienstag, 24. März 2015, 09:19

Every LED Output Pin can supply max. 20mA.

RGB Connector:
Pin 1: (Red) 2.1V 20mA
Pin 2: (Green) 3.2V 20mA
Pin 3: Ground
Pin 4: (Blue) 3.2V 20mA

The current is limited with a built in resitor for each color on the aquaero pcb.

Dienstag, 24. März 2015, 16:12

@Railgun. The output is current limited, not voltage limited and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this design. The current limitation will prevent you from burning out your LED's. It also prevents you from getting accurate voltage measurements until the output is drawing the right amount of current, i.e. you have an LED running off of the output.

Mittwoch, 25. März 2015, 11:10

Well, that's not entirely true. Eg I have an LED rated at 2.1v, 50mA. All that means is it will be a dimmer LED on this controller. No biggie. But I can put it on a circuit that could provide 20A at 2.1V and all that LED will draw is 50mA. For some LEDs in this respect, you don't need to worry about current limiting designs. I gave it half an amp and it was happy as it could be.

I have another LED that will eat 300mA+ at 2.2v and will eventually cook itself. It ultimately depends on the LED.

It's sometimes for the protection of LEDs. And heat. Perhaps it's a trade off in the design of the circuit as well.

Voltage kills LEDs in this first example. Not amperage. Well, heat does to, hence limiting the amperage to LEDs controls the heat of said LEDs.

But this goes way OT. The issue was why my voltmeter was reading such high voltages. But it's a non issue now as my question was answered and that makes sense.

Mittwoch, 25. März 2015, 11:59

ell, that's not entirely true. Eg I have an LED rated at 2.1v, 50mA
This is only for Pin1 allowed.
Pin 1: (Red) 2.1V 20mA
Pin 2: (Green) 3.2V 20mA
Pin 3: Ground
Pin 4: (Blue) 3.2V 20mA
The current is limited for a specific voltage. The Output has no current limiter/ controller.

You can connect a 3.2V LED at pin 2+4. The current is internal limited with an resistor for this specific led voltage to 20mA.

When you connect other LEDs with other voltages the current can exceed the allowed 20mA. In this case you have to limit the current with an external resistor.
The 20mA is the maximum allowed source current from the aquaero, when you get more current the aquaero can be damaged.

Or use the simple way: use this LED: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2664

Mittwoch, 25. März 2015, 16:42

I got that part, Sebastian, I was just saying that from a general perspective in terms of what LEDs can/can't handle.

I was just saying that in a case of a particular LED that I have, I can drive it at 2.1v and delimit the amperage and all is right with the world.

With the RGB LED I have, it's rated at 1.9, 3.2, and 3.3V for RGB respectively at a max of 30mA. I don't see this being an issue.