• 27.04.2024, 21:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream XT Aquainlet, Few Questions

Freitag, 6. März 2015, 22:35

Im considering setting for my 2 loops some redundancy wit an aquainlet and aquastrea pump for each loop.

There are some considerations at first.

1. What are the dimensions of the pump mountingbase?
2. Im going to have the following connected on aquabus:
Two radiator pumps
Six poweradjusts
Two flowmeters
Two Aquastream XTs
Two Aquainlets XTs

14 devices in total. It so happens i got 14 usbs inside my case and 2 on motherboard. So i could connect everything on usb as well.
The last two devices, Aquastream XTs and Aquainlet XTs i would still need to think how to wire these 4 on aquabus. The question is, how many aquabus devices can the aquaero 6 xt handle?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (7. März 2015, 18:29)

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 01:28

Zitat

The question is, how many aquabus devices can the aquaero 6 xt handle?

I believe you will find the answer in the table in chapter 25 of the manual

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 11:18

I see it can take quite a few devices. I should understand that it doesnt matter how many Y-Connectors/4-way Connectors you need to use to connect all of them to the aquaport of the Aquaero. Right ?

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 13:26

Yes, I believe you just keep adding Y-connectors until all your devices are connected.

The only issue I can detect is that you have 4 pumps (2 compact 600 & 2 aquastream xt), but there are only 2 aquabus addresses (10 & 11) available for pumps.

I think the 2 flow sensors & the 2 aquainlets will use the 4 MPS addresses (12, 13, 14, 15), and there are 8 addresses available for the 6 poweradjusts.

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 18:19

Yes, I believe you just keep adding Y-connectors until all your devices are connected.

The only issue I can detect is that you have 4 pumps (2 compact 600 & 2 aquastream xt), but there are only 2 aquabus addresses (10 & 11) available for pumps.

I think the 2 flow sensors & the 2 aquainlets will use the 4 MPS addresses (12, 13, 14, 15), and there are 8 addresses available for the 6 poweradjusts.

I have read in the Aquastream XT description the following.

Alle Varianten der aquastream XT besitzen jetzt eine USB-Schnittstelle, wodurch eine Überwachung und Steuerung auch ohne Verbindung zu einem aquaero möglich ist.

So i should understand that i wont need to connect this to the Aquabus, if it can get connected through USB.

Furthermore i read the following>

Je nach freigeschalteter Softwareversion der Pumpe sind zusätzlich erstmals ein Lüfterausgang, Temperatursensoren, sowie eine Anschlussmöglichkeit für einen Durchflusssensor vorhanden.

Can the flow sensor be connected directly to the pump, or what is it ? The problem is the pump has 3 pin aquabus/flow connector, and the mps flow 400 sensor that i have has a 4 pin aquabus connection.

Can this flow sensor be connected through its 4 pin aquabus connection using only 3 pins to the aquabus/flow sonnection of the pump ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (7. März 2015, 18:23)

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 18:32

If i can connect the the flow meters in the Aquastream XT ultra through their aquabus connections, i shall be taking as rservoir the Aquainlet XT instead of pro, since i will use the 2 slots i have left for the aquabus for the reservoirs instead of the flow meters.
I just need to get this confirmed before i do anything.

Should i understand that i can use a cable from the temperature pins on the pump, directly to two of the 8 slots for temperature pins in the aquaaero XT

Sonntag, 8. März 2015, 03:03

I am not certain what your proposing, but the quote below from the aquastream XT USB manual may be pertinent:

Zitat

7.4. Connector “aquabus/flow”
Connector for communication with other Aqua Computer devices. For versions
Standard and Advanced, the connector “aquabus/flow” is configured as an
aquabus interface and can be used for instance to connect the pump to an optionally
available aquaero fan controller. For these variants, a flow sensor must
not be attached to this connector!
You can use the aquabus/speed signal cable included in delivery to connect the
pump controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for example
an aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time,
however not all control options of the aquastream XT are available using the
aquabus interface.
If this connector is connected to an aquabus device, the port must not be configured
as flow sensor input! Otherwise, the pump controller will be destroyed and
all guarantees will be void!

For the Ultra variant, this connector can be configured for two different functions.
Default configuration of this connector is an aquabus interface. Using the aquasuite
software, this connector can also be configured to be a flow sensor input.
Simultaneous use of the aquabus and flow sensor function is not possible! Please
see chapter 14.4. for details on configuring the desired function.
Flow sensor and special interconnecting cable are optional accessories and not included
in delivery.
Pin assignment: Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: aquabus SDA / flow sensor +5 V
Pin 3: aquabus SCL / flow sensor signal
Compatible aquabus devices:
● aquaero 5 XT (art. 53125 and 53089)
● aquaero 5 PRO (art. 53090)
● aquaero 5 LT (art. 53095)
Compatible flow sensors:
● Flow sensor with 5.6 mm nozzle (art. 53061)
● Flow sensor “high flow” (art. 53068)
● Connection cable for flow sensor (art. 53027)

Sonntag, 8. März 2015, 10:13

i took a look at the compatible flow sensors that can be attached to the 3 pin connection, and its not the ones that i have. So that means i will use the 3 pin connector to attached it to the aquabuss. i will wire a y/connection to the last port of the last PA, to connect the 2 pumps, as thei also have 3 pin aquabus.

Sonntag, 8. März 2015, 18:49

i took a look at the compatible flow sensors that can be attached to the 3 pin connection, and its not the ones that i have. So that means i will use the 3 pin connector to attached it to the aquabuss. i will wire a y/connection to the last port of the last PA, to connect the 2 pumps, as thei also have 3 pin aquabus.

But i believe i can connect the flow meters to the PAs in the flow pins, just need to check it out.

Lateredit>
No i cant, to this flow slot come the same sensors that you can attach to the pump in its 3 pin slot, crap, it makes sense in the end since the flowmeter mps400 has a 4 pin aquabus connection.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (8. März 2015, 18:52)

Sonntag, 15. März 2015, 22:51

Alle Varianten der aquastream XT besitzen jetzt eine USB-Schnittstelle, wodurch eine Überwachung und Steuerung auch ohne Verbindung zu einem aquaero möglich ist.

So i should understand that i wont need to connect this to the Aquabus, if it can get connected through USB.

I believe with this pump, an USB Connection only will allow all configuration and Settings Option, without the Need to have it connected to Aquabus Port.
It would be nice, since i used more than 150 meters of cable so far in my build.

But if i must have it connected to both USB and Aquabus, i will do it, no Problem. the CaseLabs STH10 has plenty space left, im going to use further mounting plates.
I think in the end i will have the pump connected only on USB.

Does anyone know ? THe Temp sensor Pins, are this Output or Input ?

Dissaembling my PC will be something i wont Need to do very oft.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (15. März 2015, 22:54)

Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 14:29

so how do you guys have the Aquastream Pumpc connected?
By reading the lines, it should do just fine with only USB Connection. I coud have it permanently connected on USB, so if everything can be done over this connection, then there is no point in connecting it to aquaero, or ?

Sonntag, 29. März 2015, 21:19

Well, i set me up the possibility to connect the aquastream xt to aquabus also, but i have a feeling that USB connection will be enough to not need the aquabus connection at all. I wont know though until i test it.