• 27.04.2024, 00:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New Aquero Owner Needs Some Help

Montag, 16. März 2015, 23:06

I am in the process of building a new watercooled PC and I have bought the following Aqua Computer control items:
1 X Aquero 6 XT
2 X Aquastream Ultra Pumps
1 x Farbwerk
1 x Multiswitch
I have a couple of questions:-
How do I assign the 2 ports for the pumps?
Do I have to manually assign the ports for the two pumps in the aquasuite or are they automatically picked up if you connect the pumps/ Aquero via USB?
Do the pumps have to be connected to the Molex power supply to sort out the port assignment or will the power in the USB connection be enough for this assignment?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Dienstag, 17. März 2015, 13:29

Zitat

Do I have to manually assign the ports for the two pumps in the aquasuite or are they automatically picked up if you connect the pumps/ Aquero via USB?
If you do not use the aquabus connection to the aquaero, you do not need to set the aquabus addresses for the pumps.
You set the aquabus addresses via the USB connection.
Addresses 10 and 11 are available (per section 15.4 of the manual), so one can remain at the default address and the 2nd needs to be changed.
Going from memory, you click on one of the aquastream tabs on the left, then click the system tab, and you should see where you can set the address.

Zitat

Do the pumps have to be connected to the Molex power supply to sort out the port assignment or will the power in the USB connection be enough for this assignment?
Setting the addresses can be done with only the USB connection, the 4-pin Molex power connection is not required to set the aquabus address.

Dienstag, 17. März 2015, 20:29

Zitat

If you do not use the aquabus connection to the aquaero, you do not need to set the aquabus addresses for the pumps.
You set the aquabus addresses via the USB connection.
Addresses 10 and 11 are available (per section 15.4 of the manual), so one can remain at the default address and the 2nd needs to be changed.
Going from memory, you click on one of the aquastream tabs on the left, then click the system tab, and you should see where you can set the address.

Zitat

Setting the addresses can be done with only the USB connection, the 4-pin Molex power connection is not required to set the aquabus address.

Thanks for the reply, that is exactly what I needed to know.
Just one more thing, is it OK to run all of the aqua computer parts I have got just with USB connections only and not connect any of the Aquabus terminals together?
I have a NZXT internal USB expansion hub which has enough USB connections to allow all 5 of my Aqua Computer parts to be USB connected, if that is ok?

Mittwoch, 18. März 2015, 03:08

Zitat

Just one more thing, is it OK to run all of the aqua computer parts I have got just with USB connections only and not connect any of the Aquabus terminals together?

This is an oft asked question. I will try to explain the relationship of the two connections.

The USB connection allows you to setup the aquacomputer device (i.e. set addresses), update firmware and such.

The aquabus connection is used for control and monitoring of the device through the aquaero, where you can set control curves, etc., to control the device's performance according to system parameters (i.e. control fan speed according to water temperature).

After initial setup of your devices, you could remove the USB connection except some devices, like the flow sensor, does self-calibration when the system is off, which requires the 5v from USB.

On my machine I have both USB and aquabus connected... they are not mutually exclusive, but complement each other.

Mittwoch, 18. März 2015, 09:03

Zitat

This is an oft asked question. I will try to explain the relationship of the two connections.

The USB connection allows you to setup the aquacomputer device (i.e. set addresses), update firmware and such.

The aquabus connection is used for control and monitoring of the device through the aquaero, where you can set control curves, etc., to control the device's performance according to system parameters (i.e. control fan speed according to water temperature).

After initial setup of your devices, you could remove the USB connection except some devices, like the flow sensor, does self-calibration when the system is off, which requires the 5v from USB.

On my machine I have both USB and aquabus connected... they are not mutually exclusive, but complement each other.
Thanks again, that makes sense and I understand.
With that in mind, I think I will do as you have done and have both USB and Aquabus connected at the same time.
I have a lot of custom cables to make up now! :rolleyes:

Two Aquero 6 XT's

Mittwoch, 18. März 2015, 22:34

I have been reading up on the Aquero 6 and have discovered a possible hitch with what I have planned for my 2 loops.

I want to light the filters and resevoirs with RGB Led's and have ordered a Jeak Amp so that I can run more than 1 RGB LED from the LED output on the Aquero 6.

I have just realised that this will be ok if I want both loops to have the same colours, (I want to go from Blue when the loop is cold, through a range of colours up to bright red for very hot) but I think it will not work if I want both loops to be able to show different colours?

As one loop is for my GPUs and one for my CPU/ MOBO I think I will need to buy a second Aquero 6 XT (And Jeak Amp)?

Is this correct?

If it is correct, are there any other things I need to look out for running 2 Aqueros on the same rig?

For example; do you connect them together via the Aquabus or do you leave them unconnected (apart from USB to MOBO?) and they then function as two separate units and show on the Aquasuite as two separate units?

I also think I need a second Aquero 6 because I have ended up with 23 PWM 140mm fans that will need to be on 7 or 8 separate fan channels to function as I would like them to.

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes: I am finding planning/ learning/ setting up all of this Aqua Computer stuff very addictive and enjoyable....................... :D

Donnerstag, 19. März 2015, 11:19

I know of, but have no familiarity with farbwerk, but perhaps it provides a solution? (aquabus & Bluetooth versions are mutually exclusive, one cannot do the other)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (19. März 2015, 11:21)

Donnerstag, 19. März 2015, 16:28

I know of, but have no familiarity with farbwerk, but perhaps it provides a solution? (aquabus & Bluetooth versions are mutually exclusive, one cannot do the other)

I have a Farbwerk but as far as I know it will only control RGB Strips, not led's or the instructions only mention RGB Strips anyway.
I have bought the second Aquero 6 for the extra fan channels I need and it should be delivered tomorrow, I just really need to know if it will be seen by the Aquasuite separate from my other Aquero 6?
Will I be able to run each of my 2 cooling loops as independent from the other with 2 Aquero's?

Donnerstag, 19. März 2015, 20:28

I have an aquaduct 360 mark V which has an aquaero 5 XT, and my gigant 1680 has an aquaero 6 pro, and I see both in aquasuite and can control both independently.

You should see 2 auqaero tabs on the left in aquasuite, and both should be controlled independently.

Edit: Just as you can with MPS devices, you can assign a personal title to each aquaero (i.e. "CPU Loop" & "GPU Loop") for ease of identifying which does what.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (19. März 2015, 20:33)

Donnerstag, 19. März 2015, 21:13

I have an aquaduct 360 mark V which has an aquaero 5 XT, and my gigant 1680 has an aquaero 6 pro, and I see both in aquasuite and can control both independently.

You should see 2 auqaero tabs on the left in aquasuite, and both should be controlled independently.

Edit: Just as you can with MPS devices, you can assign a personal title to each aquaero (i.e. "CPU Loop" & "GPU Loop") for ease of identifying which does what.
Thank you again, I appreciate your replies.
I understand it now, I think :), I have a lot of wiring to do when when the STH10 gets here.
PS 2.04m of radiators, that's impressive :thumbup: I only have 1.82m :(

Freitag, 20. März 2015, 04:34

Zitat

PS 2.04m of radiators, that's impressive :thumbup: I only have 1.82m :(

Heh, lol... This was my first water cooled build and I went with a aquaduct 360 only... major faux pas, massive under-sizing.
The gigant will replace the aquaduct. I am in the final commissioning so that is why both rads are connected electrically.

Bottom lione, your 1.82m is boss. ;)