• 28.04.2024, 00:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

A few questions regarding Leds

Samstag, 28. März 2015, 08:12

So i was on my way to install the bought led in the aquainlet reservoir, these are the 5 mm led aquacomputer sells.
So i stripped down the wires, and noticed there is a resistor installed on the power line.

Furthermore the power line was wired to the 12V 4 pin molex power line.

Question is, i am getting a LED from somewhere else, and this LED is has a specification of say 2-2.2V, and if i wire it to the 12V power line, i need to install a resistor on the power line that will reduce the voltage from 12v to below 2.2V, otherwise the LED will burn, right?
Likewise, if i will wire it to the 5V power line of the molex connector, the resistor would have to be a lighter one, becasue the reduction from 5V to 2V would be lower than the reduction from 12 to 2V, right ?

This resistor would have to be soldered only on the power line, and not on the ground line, am i getting this correctly ?

Samstag, 28. März 2015, 08:46

For those of you who want to know the answer to this question, i found a very easy eexplanation on how to do this here.
http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/Dropping_Resistor_Calc.html

Now you can use what ever LED you like and wire it the way you like it.