• 27.04.2024, 20:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Multple PWM channels, no LCD - Possibilities with Aquaero 5 LT?

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015, 17:06

Greetings,

I'm working on a new build and am having some trouble planning control for PWM devices. I have four groups of PWM devices which I want to be controlled on independent channels. The components relevant to my issue are as follows:

1x NZXT H440 Mid-Tower
3x Noctua NF12 PWM fans in front
3x Noctua NF12 PWM fans for top 3x120 radiator
1x Noctua NF14 PWM fan for rear 140 radiator
1x XSPC Photon 170 w/PWM D5 Pump

Note that the H440 does not have any 5.25" bays. I want the front, top, rear fans and the pump to be independently controlled on their own channels. According to the literature, the Aquaero 5 LT only supports two PWM channels. I understand that the 6 supports four, but due to the lack of 5.25" bays, I have nowhere to mount nor do I wish to use the LCD that seems mandatory with the Aquaero 6 series. My motherboard does have two PWM headers, but I would much prefer to have a unified controller.

Ultimately, I'm curious to know if there is any way to expand Aquaero 5 LT's PWM support to four channels?

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015, 18:57

The Aq5 has a single PWM fan output and the Aq6 has all 4. The LCD screen can be removed easily enough so it is just like the 5LT. There is no way currently to expand the number of PWM channels of either device unfortunately.

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015, 19:09

That's what I was afraid of. I can't justify spending an extra 100 EUR just for 4 independent PWM channels. Looks like I'll have to build something myself.

Thank you for your reply.