• 27.04.2024, 01:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Need help figuring out shopping list for Aquaero 6 XT

Montag, 25. Mai 2015, 06:49

For some time now I have been wanting to get a Aquaero 6 XT USB Touch Fan Controller to control all the aspects of my loop. I've been wondering what hardware do I still need to
control my d5 pumps, flow sensors, temps, fans, lighting controller & software.

So I bought a Aquaero 6 XT and have been looking threw goggle search and your forum i find a lot of
stuff on different items but no all in 1 feature rich setup guide. Normally I would just have a crack and get it done the old way trial and error buying bits as needed.

Only problem is I have found very few suppliers of your products here in AUS and with overseas orders taking for ever I want to try get all the bits I need in 1 or 2 orders.
I was hoping someone could point me in the direction to find all the main components needed to complete said system.
Would love some recommended reading if there is anything I need to know or should have a base understanding in.

Do I need all said items in Instruction Booklet 3.13. Compatible optional accessories for the Aquaro 6 (page 6&7)

My Loop
  • XSPC D5 Photon 270Reservoir/Pump Combo (adjustable)
  • EK CoolStream RAD XTX 360 + 240 Radiators
  • XSPC RayStorm CPU Waterblock for Intel 4770k
  • Heatkillers on my SLI 680's
  • 2 x inline temp sensors
  • 11 fans (Push pull on Rads) + 1 exhorts
  • Case obsidian 750D

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Dienstag, 26. Mai 2015, 16:39

I am not the expert, but I will start this off.

From my understanding you should not need any additional gear than what you have, with the possible exception of Y-cables for the fans, as there are only four fan channels.

For your XSPC D5 pump, you will adjust the speed setting manually on the pump itself, and I am not sure where the tacho out from the pump would go on the aquaero. Hopefully someone here will chime in.

If the two inline temp sensors are the Aquacomputer temperature sensor inline, then you simply plug them into a couple of the temp channels.

As to the instruction booklet you mention, I find the "Compatible optional accessories for the aquaero 5/6" in section 4.14 of theaquaero 5/6 manual, so I am not sure which manual you have. None the less, all compatible items listed are aquacomputer items that are compatible with the aquaero, but generally not required.

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015, 17:48

Thanks for your reply I came across that pdf as well 49 pages and it looks to have everything I need to figure out what parts I am going to need and how to connect and configure them. The instructions in the box are only 7 pages.
Temp sensors are not aqua but they work on another fan controller i have
  • XSPC LCD Temperature Display White V2 + G1/4in Plug Sensor
  • Phobya Temperature Sensor In-Line G1/4 Black Nickel
I was looking at the compatible parts list and was stuck on a few points like a lot of these parts are usb connect. how are all these things going to connect I only have 2 on my mob and I see 1 on the aquaro unit its self. there is also 1 usb needed for the PSU link.
With the pump for some reason I thought I could set the d5 to 5 and control RPM threw a poweradjust 2 (53082/53083) usb connect again. looking forward to reading deeper into how these things work and what we can do with them.

What i might do is spend the next week or 2 reading up on the unit and figure out what parts i might need and why, and then get conformation on a shopping list after reading the pdf.
So i might check back in a few more days hopefully with a bit of a list and check that I'm not missing something.

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015, 18:18

Zitat

I was looking at the compatible parts list and was stuck on a few points like a lot of these parts are usb connect. how are all these things going to connect I only have 2 on my mob and I see 1 on the aquaro unit its self. there is also 1 usb needed for the PSU link.
The USB port on the aquaero is used to connect to the motherboard if you plan to run aquasuite, it is not a USB port to plug devices into. I used the NZXT IU01 USB Expansion module, it takes a 9 pin USB board header and gives 5 USB ports.
EDIT: the NZXT USB expansion module actually gives 6 internal header & 2 external style plugs, for a total of 8 ports.

Zitat

With the pump for some reason I thought I could set the d5 to 5 and control RPM threw a poweradjust 2 (53082/53083) usb connect again.
I am not the expert on this, but I believe the D5 Vario has 5 manual settings and does not allow for external control. You would need either a PWM controlled D5 or the Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and aquabus interface

EDIT: Most of the compatible devices listed have an aquabus port to allow direct connection to the aquaero via the aquabus port.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (28. Mai 2015, 01:38)

Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2015, 10:50

more silly questions

Truth be told I would love to use all there gear in my loop but i can get other brands faster and faster warranty return system. No matter how good things are manufactured shit happens its my daily use machine and warranty turn around time is something i need to think about. Now if the aqua pump integrates better with the software and we gain features then i'm all for waiting as i got a pump atm. But if I'm not getting anything extra out of it like features relating to my application of the aquaro/software/lighting. i would be happy to just use pwm.

I have been asking PCCG aus to supply there gear and so far we just got the aquaro 6 XT (53146) and the 24 pin standby power plug (53047) and the rpm signal cable (93111) + black face plate (53126)
Changing out non pwm fans this weekend for pwm sp120s as i want to do things right from the start +don't like the fans I'm using atm.

Pump question:
If i get a pwm d5 pump would that give the same functionality as the Aqua d5, as in can it let the aquaro 6 /software know that something is wrong (threw RPM signal) as in not pumping like the alarm/signal feature in the aqua d5 or is it just straight out rpm control?
Lighting question:
I'm assuming I will need the extra bezel set (53087) to mount the farbwerk (53170/53171) to. and will the farbwerk (53170) plug straight into existing light strips?
Aquaro Question:
Heat sink (53158) when changing fan channel settings dose the aquaro 6 XT create heat and need said cooler? and when would you need to fit the water block and add that to your loop?
Flow sensor:
If i had to pick one of hand i would pick the (53129) as it looks the cleanest. what would be the main difference between a 53061,53068 and 53129 and how they might affect my application of them?
Delivery to AUS from AquaComp:
If anyone buys from these guys regular how long on average would there delivery take to get to Sydney AUS? and any extra charges or tax on ariving??

I found that pdf a good read on first glance and I'm looking forward to fitting the aquaro so i can get into it. ATM the poor thing is sitting on top of my rig so i could have a little play, love how long the usb connect cable is. I appreciate the help getting me on my way

Freitag, 29. Mai 2015, 11:02

more silly questions

Truth be told I would love to use all there gear in my loop but i can get other brands faster and faster warranty return system. No matter how good things are manufactured shit happens its my daily use machine and warranty turn around time is something i need to think about. Now if the aqua pump integrates better with the software and we gain features then i'm all for waiting as i got a pump atm. But if I'm not getting anything extra out of it like features relating to my application of the aquaro/software/lighting. i would be happy to just use pwm.

I have been asking PCCG aus to supply there gear and so far we just got the aquaro 6 XT (53146) and the 24 pin standby power plug (53047) and the rpm signal cable (93111) + black face plate (53126)
Changing out non pwm fans this weekend for pwm sp120s as i want to do things right from the start +don't like the fans I'm using atm.

Pump question:
If i get a pwm d5 pump would that give the same functionality as the Aqua d5, as in can it let the aquaro 6 /software know that something is wrong (threw RPM signal) as in not pumping like the alarm/signal feature in the aqua d5 or is it just straight out rpm control?
Lighting question:
I'm assuming I will need the extra bezel set (53087) to mount the farbwerk (53170/53171) to. and will the farbwerk (53170) plug straight into existing light strips?
Aquaro Question:
Heat sink (53158) when changing fan channel settings dose the aquaro 6 XT create heat and need said cooler? and when would you need to fit the water block and add that to your loop?
Flow sensor:
If i had to pick one of hand i would pick the (53129) as it looks the cleanest. what would be the main difference between a 53061,53068 and 53129 and how they might affect my application of them?
Delivery to AUS from AquaComp:
If anyone buys from these guys regular how long on average would there delivery take to get to Sydney AUS? and any extra charges or tax on ariving??

I found that pdf a good read on first glance and I'm looking forward to fitting the aquaro so i can get into it. ATM the poor thing is sitting on top of my rig so i could have a little play, love how long the usb connect cable is. I appreciate the help getting me on my way

A D5 PWM provides the same functionality as the Aquabus D5. Both can be used to set RPM signal alarms if the pump stops. The locally available PWM D5's need to be modified to work properly with the Aquaero though, and a better system instead of pump alarms is a flow alarm because pumps can be running at full speed and flow be zero.

The Heatsink is not really needed. The Aquaero 5 used a system whereby lowering volts to fans created a lot of waste heat. The 6 model works completely differently and gets cooler with lowered volts. If using PWM fans and pumps both are irrelevant as you can provide power straight from the PSU. Unless you want to use an awful lot of fans and pumps at full 12V straight from the Aquaero it does not get warm.

The 53061 flow sensor is way too restrictive for modern gear. The 53129 model is the basic mechanical sensor that only works with the Aquaero. It is simple but reliable and accurate. The 53068 model is the same as the basic mechanical model but it has its own interface so does not need the Aquaero to be used, or it can be connected. I use an MPS 400 flow sensor because it has no moving parts but they need to be calibrated to work accurately by using another flow meter.

There should be no taxes or charges to pay if you keep the order under $1000 ... go over and you will have to pay.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (29. Mai 2015, 11:04)