• 27.04.2024, 15:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Full block for eVGA 970 SSC

Dienstag, 25. August 2015, 22:10

Does AquaComputer have any water blocks that will work with the eVGA 970 SSC ACX 2.0+? (3975) It seems due to the changes to the design no company will verify if their blocks can be used with this card and simply say it's not compatible (but with some reports of it actually working with some minor or larger mods). I only know that BitsPower claim their block is compatible if you mod the PCB (remove the led header), but their blocks are kinda hard to get hold of and I much prefer the look of the AquaComputer blocks.
So, my question is, does anyone know if any of the AC blocks might work and what would be needed to get them to do so?

Mittwoch, 26. August 2015, 09:03

I have not found a photo of the PCB but when you say it has a custom layout it will not work with our block.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2015, 10:06

Here's two pictures of the PCB (I know the BP full-cover block will fit it if the led header is removed and the Ek have been claimed to work too after some unknown mod).

Mittwoch, 26. August 2015, 11:16

That will not work at all with our block. Even the locations of the mounting holes are completely different.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2015, 14:40

Oh, OK, if you say so :/ I made a composite image overlaying the old and the new eVGA 970 SSc's and pretty much everything lined up exactly with the exception of two minor issues on the far left (hence why the BP block will work with both cards). No worries, I will look elsewhere for my needs.

Donnerstag, 27. August 2015, 08:53

I just saw that even the general placement of the components is completely different...

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2015, 01:47

Yes, the card is longer so everything have moved a bit to the left, but on the pCB there's little difference between the components relative to each other (this is why the BitsPower block will work with both variants of the card and the Ek one with some modding on the lefthand side). But I guess arguing this is moot because it's pretty clear that no company (not just AquaComputer) will make the adjustments needed. I will just have to either dremel it myself, trade my card for a 2975 variant or run on air until I upgrade.
I edited your picture to show how well it lines up if you base the comparison on components and not the edge features (but why compare with a 670/760?).
Anyway, might as well lock this thread as it's going nowhere.
»SteinerKD« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • graohics_cards.jpg

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2015, 02:13

Made another mockup similar to your showing you the regular and ACX2.0+ eVGA 970s's side by side, how mounting holes and components match up with the exception of the DVI port and condensators on the far left.
Sorry, now I'm done.
»SteinerKD« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • evgacomp2.jpg

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2015, 08:39

Will not work. There is almost no GTX 970 card that will work since NVIDIA has no official reference layout for them. Most manufacturers did their own layout based on the GTX 670/760 cards. In most cases it looks similar but it is not the same nor compatible to our block.

By the way: the "regular" card is also not compatible because it is longer and has additional voltage regulators on the right. I also see that some mounting holes are different.