• 04.05.2024, 00:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

lspinks

Bad Aquacomputer QC or just abused in delivery?

Freitag, 4. September 2015, 21:02

Just got my Aquaero 6 XT in the mail from HighFlow today but instead of turning into a moment of excitement, it very quickly turned into a show stopper as the build is getting nowhere without this piece of kit.

This is what greeted me out of the box:

Freitag, 4. September 2015, 23:23

Sorry to see that. You should send an e-mail with your address details to info at aqua-computer.de to get a replacement part. The whole front (cover, glass, touch PCB) can be easily exchanged. Just refer to this thread and also mention which variant you own (red or blue LEDs).

lspinks

Samstag, 5. September 2015, 07:23

Aqua-Computer support was contacted prior to making this post. The unit is a blue Aquaero 6 XT.

I've read of others having this issue prior to making my purchase, but I was confident that I'd receive an intact unit which, obviously, didn't happen. Of course the assembly quality of this unit could still be one of a few exceptions, but somehow that isn't either a comforting, nor a reassuring thought.

I've got a couple of questions:

1) Are you guys really on the ball with QC at your manufacturing partner?

2) Is this issue affecting red units also or only blue ones so far?

3) Are faulty units still being delivered to market from your manufacturer or is it just a bad batch somewhere out there. If the latter, shouldn't you identify the batch and recall it.

4) Am I supposed to go via HighFlow to get the new part or get it directly from Aqua-Computer? I really would like to avoid having to deal with the HighFlow RMA process which has gotten some bad rep over the years.

5) What happens if it turns out that it's more than just the display that is damaged on the unit? Will it turn into an RMA case with HighFlow?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lspinks« (5. September 2015, 07:31)

Sonntag, 6. September 2015, 21:31

1.) There is no manufacturing partner. We produce these devices on our own. This problem has been addressed several weeks ago by changing the type of glue.

2.) Both variants are produced exactly the same way, so it can affect both of them.

3.) As said the problem has been already addressed some time ago but resellers could still have some older units in stock. There is no way to identify them nor is there a reason to recall such units if it would be possible. The problem does not affect every device of a specific batch. Keep in mind that only customers with problems write into the forums while all the others (from the same batch) have no problems.

4.) You said you already contacted us, so you should receive a new front very soon. There is no reason to contact HighFlow about this, they also would not have the necessary replacement part.

5.) Just in case you have further problems, you can also return the device directly to us.

lspinks

Sonntag, 6. September 2015, 23:27

1.) There is no manufacturing partner. We produce these devices on our own. This problem has been addressed several weeks ago by changing the type of glue.

2.) Both variants are produced exactly the same way, so it can affect both of them.

3.) As said the problem has been already addressed some time ago but resellers could still have some older units in stock. There is no way to identify them nor is there a reason to recall such units if it would be possible. The problem does not affect every device of a specific batch. Keep in mind that only customers with problems write into the forums while all the others (from the same batch) have no problems.

4.) You said you already contacted us, so you should receive a new front very soon. There is no reason to contact HighFlow about this, they also would not have the necessary replacement part.

5.) Just in case you have further problems, you can also return the device directly to us.
I won't be rubbing this in much more, but judging by the inter-webs (they never lie btw ;) ), you have claimed to have remedied this for over a year by now and STILL faulty units are showing up. Admittedly, there is the possibility of old stock, I agree, but I doubt retailers out there sit on mountains of Aquaeros and rather most units being sold are recently manufactured to order.

Hear this.

HighFlow was out of stock when I ordered my unit and after I poked them about the order not shipping, they replied that they were waiting for new stock from you. If that means you ship out "old" stock that could contain faulty units despite you being aware of this or that your fab keep embarrassing you by not being able to improve the build quality, your claims are but a blatant lie to your customers.

It could also be HighFlow talking out of their asses about the restocking but all I really care about is to get a healthy unit up and running not have to deal with this crap.

Get your design fixed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lspinks« (6. September 2015, 23:28)