• 12.06.2024, 16:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Xtremez

unregistriert

D5 PWM problems controlling it with Intel PWM header

Dienstag, 15. September 2015, 10:09

Hi all,
Last month I bought a Aquacomputer D5 PWM pump, I read the message in the description that says that stuff about that from January 2015, these pums are compatible with almost all the PWM controllers in the market (I bought the pump in aquatuning shop.

Last week I built the water cooling system again, and my surprise was when I connected the pump to my X79 Sabertooh (of course to a PWM header) the pump stopped working, and when I disconnect the header, it starts working again. Maybe there is a problem with something about the PWM headers, because the only real PWM headers are the ones for the CPU, and is not detecting the pump a as fan...

I checked in the bios, and the bios mark it as 'N/A'... I'm not sure if maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I need to set another configuration from the BIOS in order to be able to control the pump via PWM.

Until know the pump is working without the PWM cable connected, so I think that is running only al 60% of power, which is a nightmare when I wanted to bleed the system.

Anyway, 60% is too much for now, because actually I don't need more than 40%-50% and of course, I have bought something in order to control it!

Please help! ;(

Freitag, 18. September 2015, 16:49

If possible you should try that again with another PC or PWM enabled fan controller. If it still does not work correctly you might want to open the rear cover of the pump and check if the wires from pin 3 (rpm) and 4 (pwm) are connected the right way:

(Ignore the colors of the wires, normally it is in reverse)

If that is also OK I can only ask to return the pump for a check.