• 27.04.2024, 00:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream XT USB Motherboard Header Connection Question

Sonntag, 4. Oktober 2015, 22:25

Hi there!

I have limited internal USB options available on my motherboard, and I need to be sure that I can plug my Aquastream XT into a 4-pin header which is available underneath where my Aquaero 6 is attached. Please see attachment image for clarification.
»Undesirable« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Untitled-12.png

Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 02:36

Yes, I believe that will work for the aquaero & pump, but you may want to try the NZXT IU01 USB Expansion device. You would plug it into the USB1314 header that you currently have planned for the aquaero & pump. Then plug the aquaero & pump into the USB expansion board and you would still have four internal and two 'A' type connections left. The device is quite small and comes with a Velcro backing to mount.

Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 12:37

That device looks handy, but I would rather stick with what I have for the sake of tidiness if it is indeed possible to plug the pump's 5-pin USB cable into the 4-pin header. It looks to me as though the USB cable has 5 wires, 2 of which are 'GND'; whereas the motherboard header that I've pointed out only has 4 pins, and there is only 1 'GND'. The 5-pin USB motherboard header on the top row that my Aquaero is already plugged into has the 5th pin listed in the manual as 'NC', which I take to mean 'No Connection'.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Undesirable« (5. Oktober 2015, 12:39)

Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 13:40

Pin 10 is typically used as either the cable shield ground, over-current protection or ignored.
The pump will act as designed with the 4 pins available on the second row of the connector.

Click here for a short explanation of the pinout.

Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 13:48

That was helpful, thanks.