• 27.04.2024, 18:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

PWM fans control

Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 22:31

From one aquaero 6 PWM fan control port, I want to control 12 Noctua PWM fans on an external radiator.
Each fan pulls 0.18 A max, for a total possible amp draw of 2.16 A, or 86.4% of the maximum allowable load (2.5 A).

I am aware of someone controlling 6 of these fans from an aquaero 5 PWM port, but they are providing an external power connection to the fans.
I could also add a non-aquaero power source if recommended, but my primary concern is, will one aquaero PWM port comfortably reliably control 12 PWM fans?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (5. Oktober 2015, 22:33)

Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2015, 20:22

Another question is, what are the outputs of the two, 2-pin, PWM ports on the aquaero 6 for? Are they for PWM control only?

The manual states:

Zitat

4.4. Connector “PWM 1/2”
   Pulse width modulated 12 V outputs, maximum current load 1 A, carrier frequency 15 kHz.
   Pin assignment: Pin 1: VCC
   Pin 2: GND
Is that the same signal the fans send out if they are set to PWM?

And are the aquaero controller Data source 'Power output 1' & 'Power output 2' the way to control those two PWM ports?

Could I drive a Swiftech 8 way spiltter with one PWM port using a 2-pin cable, as long as power is also provided to the splitter?

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2015, 05:18

No no no nope nada hold up there cowboy.
Deff don't do that.

The twin PWM ports are 12V power outlets. The 12V is modulated at 15kHz to provide the equivalent of voltage reduction. It is the same as some low cost fan controllers use like the cheap Lamptrons. Only without the RPM functions of a fan controller.
You could use the ports to control fans but you would connect the + & - wires, not the PWM line.

PWM fans use constant 12V fit power and are controlled using a 5V modulated signal from the controller through the PWM line to a motor speed controller built into each fan.
So they are very different things and trying to use one on the other will cause damage.

The 12V ports are primarily designed for connecting LED strips to and they work great with dimmable models.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (7. Oktober 2015, 06:17)

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2015, 05:36

Thank you very much for that Jak. It will keep me from blowen things up :)

Guess I'll try using a Y-Cable from one aquaero fan port into two of the Swiftech splitter blocks, with separate fan power to the blocks, and run 6 fans from each block.