• 27.04.2024, 23:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS flow and pressure meters

Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2015, 02:27

I have 2 pressure meters and 1 flow meter (500 and 400 respectively, but in this case that isn't important).

My problems are:

The flow meter shows ~3 l/h calibrated and 60-65 unscaled. I have 2 Aquatreams in series at +4400rpm, the water flow is high, believe me. What is the problem here?

The first pressure meter is attached to the reservoir and should give the water level. Calibrated value is 0 and unscaled is 869

The second pressure meter is in paralell with the filter and should give an indication of clogging in the filter. Pressure is 0 and unscaled is 0, which probably is good, since that shows no clogging, but if I stop the flow on either sides of the filter, the readings doesn't change.

I'm obviously doing something very wrong here, so can anyone explain?

RE: MPS flow and pressure meters

Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2015, 04:13

I have 2 pressure meters and 1 flow meter (500 and 400 respectively, but in this case that isn't important).

My problems are:

The flow meter shows ~3 l/h calibrated and 60-65 unscaled. I have 2 Aquatreams in series at +4400rpm, the water flow is high, believe me. What is the problem here?

The first pressure meter is attached to the reservoir and should give the water level. Calibrated value is 0 and unscaled is 869

The second pressure meter is in paralell with the filter and should give an indication of clogging in the filter. Pressure is 0 and unscaled is 0, which probably is good, since that shows no clogging, but if I stop the flow on either sides of the filter, the readings doesn't change.

I'm obviously doing something very wrong here, so can anyone explain?

Do you have all three MPS devices connected to the aquabus port on the aquaero using 4-pin cables and 4-pin Y-connectors?
Did you assign a unique aquabuss addresses (12, 13, 14 or 15) to each MPS device?
Did you configure and calibrate them?

Have you have read the manual?

Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2015, 05:33

I did some more fiddeling and it looks like I was able to solve the flow and fill level, but I'm less certain about the pressure sensor paralell to the filter. Closing one side of the filter (there are valves on both the in and outlet) should increase the pressure, or am I totaly dense here? The water comes from the flow meter enters the filter, and at the same point (Q-block) is lead to the pressure meter. Same setup on the other side.

Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2015, 16:54

I did some more fiddeling and it looks like I was able to solve the flow and fill level, but I'm less certain about the pressure sensor paralell to the filter. Closing one side of the filter (there are valves on both the in and outlet) should increase the pressure, or am I totaly dense here? The water comes from the flow meter enters the filter, and at the same point (Q-block) is lead to the pressure meter. Same setup on the other side.

You have the 'high' port connected to the entry side of the filter & the 'low' port at the exit side?
Both pressure sensors hooked up the same electronically?
You see both pressure sensors in aquasuite?

Sonntag, 1. November 2015, 04:42

The 500 millibar sensor is not a good choice for that role. The restriction will never be more than a very small percentage of the sensors range.

Sonntag, 1. November 2015, 18:22

The 500 millibar sensor is not a good choice for that role. The restriction will never be more than a very small percentage of the sensors range.

That's probably correct, but it doesn't answer my question I believe. When I close the filter (tried both sides) the pressure should reach a high number, so high that a delta 500 would be able to show it, it doesn't.