• 27.04.2024, 23:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Eddie Current

unregistriert

Pre-Purchase Questions - 3 Loop System

Sonntag, 29. November 2015, 00:53

Greetings,

I have designed a 3 loops system and am looking for a controller to manage it. Will the following parts work with the AQ 6 XT and if so what other accessories will be needed?

Pumps
3ea. Total: 2ea. EK D5 X-Top Acetal CSQ Pump, 1ea. EK DDC X-Res CSQ Pump

Radiators
3ea. Total: 2ea. Phobya 480, 1ea. Black Ice Extreme 240 Dual

Fans
10-12 Rad. Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Sensors
6ea. Phobya 10k flow through temps sensors (2ea. per loop for in/out temps)
3ea. Koolance flow sensors (1ea. per Loop)

Thank you for your help.

Eddie
»Eddie Current« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • WC Loop3.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Eddie Current« (1. Dezember 2015, 04:30)

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2015, 12:08

Can be done, but the question is how you want to control everything in the end.

At first: the D5 PWM pumps from EK will be a problem since they are not conform with Intels PWM specifications. They are missing an integrated pull-up circuit for the PWM signal. It is possible to add this with a little modification. Without this mod you could only voltage control the pump which will come down to a very limited range. When voltage controlled you can connect only one pump per fan channel. If PWM controlled you could put both to one channel and get the power directly from the PSU (recommend).

I assume the DDC pump is a regular one that can be only controlled by its voltage.

In theory one fan channel provides enough power for all fans if you want to control all of them the same way. The problem is I can not tell if 10 to 12 fans might alter the PWM signal in a way that they can not be controlled anymore or only in a limited range. To be on the safe side you should split them into at least two groups.

The temperature sensors are no problem.

I do not know the mentioned flow sensors in detail. If they work with a open collector signal, 5V supply voltage and at least 100 impulses per liter you can use two of them with the aquaero. One sensor on its dedicated header while the second one can be connected to fan header #1. Its configuration can be switched to act as a second flow sensor header but this also means you can not use it for anything else.

So in the end you will need at least one poweradjust 3 controller to add a third flow sensor header. This will you would have four fan channels - if that is enough depends on how you connect everything or how you want to control it.

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2015, 10:08

FWIW, the EK DDC pumps can be controlled just fine. I run their dual top DDC with no issues including being powered by the A6 as well.