• 26.04.2024, 20:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

gerlin

unregistriert

Possible Future Aquaero Feature Request

Donnerstag, 7. April 2016, 21:33

I have a thought of what I think would be a good feature for a future version of the aquaero.

I have an Asus mother board that has two PWM connectors, though they are "tied" together, so the same curve applies to both headers. Effectively only giving me one curve.

I think it would be useful if the aquaero had the capability to read the PWM setting from the motherboard fan connector.

On the motherboard I could set the fan curve to be very linear (based on CPU temp). Then aquaero could use this as input data and then could set it's fan ouputs (and pump control) to different curves for each fan/pump channel all controlled by the motherboard CPU PWM.

I believe this same functionality can be accomplished by using the USB connection and running AIDA64 or HardwareMonitor (watching the CPU temp). Though using the motherboard PWM fan connector would allow the aquaero to have this functionality without USB connectivity, the aquasuite software running and of course would work with any OS.

I know that I can also get this functionality to some degree using temp probes, though in my opinionI don't think that is as easy, quick reacting or reliable as the PWM data from the MB.

I do not have an aquaero yet, so I may not understand the current features completely (though I have gone through the manual a couple of times). If there is already a way to do this, or I am thinking about this in the wrong way, please let me know.

Lou

Donnerstag, 7. April 2016, 22:15

I see absolutely no use for this in the mass-market. That is so special that you can be sure it will never happen.

As you said you can achieve pretty much the same with the software sensors.

Donnerstag, 7. April 2016, 22:38

That sounds like it defeats the purpose of a AQ. The AQ could do everything you want and then some. I'm still learning as there's always more to learn from it.