• 07.06.2024, 13:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

aq6 check

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2016, 02:11

I had a lightning strike kill bits and pieces of my PC recently, and I am in recovery mode atm.

I have the aquaero 6 connect by USB only to my backup system and can see 4 Fan Amplifiers and 1 test sensor connected.
I also connected the RGB LED to the RGB port, but nothing is happening. I guess the RGB port require the 12V input.
Are their any exercises/tests I can do to further confirm the unit's status?
sensors.jpg

RE: aq6 check

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2016, 02:13

I had a lightning strike kill bits and pieces of my PC recently, and I am in recovery mode atm.

I have the aquaero 6 connect by USB only to my backup system and can see 4 Fan Amplifiers and 1 test sensor connected.
I also connected the RGB LED to the RGB port, but nothing is happening. I guess the RGB port require the 12V input.
Are their any exercises/tests I can do to further confirm the unit's status?
[attach]5744[/attach]
Tell us what exactly is connected and than tells us if its showing or not. Having trouble understanding if you have it all working or not.

Very sorry to hear these unfortunately circumstances. I just had a pretty nasty storm roll through. Got lucky as I felt and heard a strong lightening strike in my backyard which isn't too far from me. Luckily nothing got fried here but its still on going so I don't want to jinx anything here while typing on the keyboard.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (24. Juli 2016, 02:14)

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2016, 16:53

The aq6 is currently removed from the damaged system, and I have it connected by USB to the backup system. I have one temp sensor connected.
The temperature sensor section appears to function, but I cannot really test the unit without having it connected in a system, which I cannot do atm.

I was wondering if aquacomputer had an unpublished, built-in self-test routine that I could activate.
Or if there is some test I can perform that would yield a high level of reliability that the unit is working properly.
Maybe just having the temp sensors working indicates the rest of the unit is functional.

Thanks for your thoughts... and yes, I had a 1500kva UPS in line that failed also.
APC has already replaced the UPS, and I have an insurance claim filed with them for the other parts.

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2016, 20:48

Well, I spoke too soon. Lightening did strike last night and took a chunk of the upper part of the pole with it that carries the 3 main lines. Had no power for 13 hours and just recently got it back on as it was going to be a very hot day and worried the food in the fridge was going to spoil and the sump pump being off where all the PCs and most of the electronics are located. Lots of rain too.

Ok back on topic. :D

Hope you get everything replaced. Its not the first time I've heard these backup systems like UPS not follow through. I guess its not a guarantee, even if you spend big bucks on you. I think the same protection can be had with a premium surge protector with no battery back up.

Keep us in the loop.

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 07:31

The most of the data lines are secured with an additional 30KV ESD protection. When the fan outputs are running i think the device is ok.

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 10:55

The most of the data lines are secured with an additional 30KV ESD protection. When the fan outputs are running i think the device is ok.
Sorry. Are you talking about the UPS, house wiring or AQ 6?

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 12:15

OK, I will see to set it up so I can control a fan or 2. Thank you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. Juli 2016, 12:22)

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 12:51

Sorry. Are you talking about the UPS, house wiring or AQ 6?

aquaero

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 21:59

Yay for me! I was able to modulate a fan with all four fan ports :)

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016, 01:34

Yay for me! I was able to modulate a fan with all four fan ports :)
That's great news! Its showing great signs.