• 26.04.2024, 20:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Would Aquaero 6 XT work with this?

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2016, 18:01

Hello guys,

I'm in the process of building a new loop for my PC and I'm looking to integrate a Barrow (essentially Bitspower) flow meter/sensor like this one: http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?ma…roducts_id=2982 (I also have an XSPC temperature sensor).

The flow sensor would return a rpm value. Is that something that...

1/ I would be able to connect to the Aquaero 6 XT
2/ the Aquaero 6 XT would be able to convert to and display as a flow value in lph? Can the controller accurately display flow i.e. does it allow tubing diameter data etc to be specified?

Would the XSPC temp sensor values be compatible with the Aquaero 6 XT as well?

Many thanks in advance!

Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2016, 13:44

To use rpm based flow sensors with the Aquaero you need to know the number of rpms equals a litre. All the AC flow sensors come with these values for each sensor but other brands don't. You would need to work it out yourself or hope someone else already has.
It is also the case that the mechanical flow sensors from AC use a two pulse per rpm system whereas other after market models use a single pulse per rpm system to be compatible with ordinary fan control headers.
The result is that pulse per litre figures for other flow meters are very low in comparison and don't play well with the Aquaero.
I highly recommend using the proper AC system models.

The temp sensors from most common brands all use the same NTC film parts so work just fine.

Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2016, 13:58

Thank you for your answer. I just found out my flow meter/sensor calibration value should be 86 impulses per litre. Are you saying the AE 6 would not be able to work with that?

EDIT: alternatively, if the AE6 doesn't take that low a value, would I be able to just double it (and just divide the given reading I'd get on the display by two to have the actual flow rate)?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dragonmike« (5. Oktober 2016, 14:06)

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016, 12:27

Yes, no problem to do that.

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016, 12:32

Yes, no problem to do that.
Thanks.
Last question: how accurate is that reading going to be (will I be able to specify tubing diameter so AE6 can give a proper flow estimate)?

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016, 13:43

You can only adjust the impulse rate per liter. The accuracy mainly depends on the sensor itself and has not much to do with the aquaero.

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016, 16:55

You can only adjust the impulse rate per liter. The accuracy mainly depends on the sensor itself and has not much to do with the aquaero.
I see. Basically tubing diameter etc is assumed in the impulse/L setting. What is the AE6 using as conversion rate?

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016, 17:52

The impulse per litre figure is the conversion rate. The aquaero converts the rpm signal it gets to a flow rate. If the calibration figure for that flow meter is 86 and the sensor is reporting 172 then the Aquaero displays 2LPM, 256 means 3 LPM and so on.

In this way the accuracy of the system is all in how accurate that calibration number is. As you say, the calibration number is affected by tube diameter and fittings used so to get more than a representational number you would need to use a high accuracy calibrated flow meter to test the bitspower model and your tube/fittings against for an accurate calibration at one flow rate. Error will be introduced as the flow rate increases or decreases from that flow rate.
For a really accurate system the AC pressure based meters allow you to define a flow/pressure curve so that the meter is accurate through a range of flow.

For most users a basic flow representation is all the accuracy that is needed.
There is further reading available on flow sensors available at Extremerigs testing of the MPS 400 flow meter, The community water cooling testing thread at OCN, and Martins liquid labs review of the Aquacomp mechanical high flow meter.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2013/04/30/aqu…00-flow-sensor/
http://www.overclock.net/t/1501978/ocn-c…ing-test-thread
https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2…w-sensor-meter/

Again, I highly recommend just using the meters that are designed for the Aquaero. They are far higher quality than the flimsy Bitspower spinners that have a habit of leaking.

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016, 18:30

Thanks Jakusonfire, that was a lot clearer.

So Aquaero reports LPM = Sensor's_RPM_value / calibration_rate

When using a flimsy Bitspower sensor, I'd have to multiply the displayed result by 2 (or set the calibration rate to double the advertised figure) to have the actual flow.

Thanks for the links, by the way. I already have that flimsy sensor (it's not even the Bitspower model but their Chinese sub-brand Barrow) so I'll have to work with what I have... but if I ever break up the loop, I'll know what I'll get.

Many thanks for all clarifications!