• 27.05.2024, 05:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

USB doesn't work

Mittwoch, 16. November 2016, 18:46

The USB connection has stopped working on all my devices (Aquaero 6xt, Aquastream, Farbwerk and sensors). The connection to the Aquaero 6xt did work, also together with Farbwerk. Disconnected all and got Aquastream (one at a time), also together with Aquaero. I connected the fill level sensor, it didn't work. Then things started to happen. First, the calibration on water temp on the Aquastream started to adjust itself upwards to max, no matter if I tried to adjust it diwn again, it also connected and dissconnected all the time. After a shutdown (dissconnected power), I couldn't connect to anything anymore. The USB works fine on other stuff, so guessing that it's ok, will check another connection later, if I don't get a solution here.

Mittwoch, 16. November 2016, 19:04

Also, the Aquabus seems to have stopped working.

Montag, 21. November 2016, 09:41

Sounds a bit strange that several devices show problems. Any chance to test that on another PC?

At the moment I have the feeling that something in the setup causes all the problems. To crash the aquabus it is enough when only one device has problems.

Unfortunately I can not tell you much more since there is not much to test here. It should work when connected. Worst case scenario is that you have to send in everything for a check but my experience already tells me that it is unlikely that we will find a problem since a real problem with several devices at the same time is quite uncommon.

Montag, 21. November 2016, 11:42

Seems like the NZXT UI01 USB hub is unstable. I got everything back and working after reinstalling Aquasuite, but the USB connections to Aquaero and Farbwerk falls out for a few seconds every now and again. Haven't checked the card reader that is connected to the same USB hub, will do that later.

Right now I'm running a system test. 4.4GHz, Intel 5960x and Asus RVE. CPU doesn't go above 65C, the water is below 37C and the radiator cools it 6C, after 30 mins test. I'm desperate, I don't need any of the Aquacomputer stuff since the system still runs on idle (both pumps at 3000rpm and all fans at lowest level, except the exhaust). :'(

Montag, 21. November 2016, 16:14

Sounds a bit strange that several devices show problems. Any chance to test that on another PC?

At the moment I have the feeling that something in the setup causes all the problems. To crash the aquabus it is enough when only one device has problems.

Unfortunately I can not tell you much more since there is not much to test here. It should work when connected. Worst case scenario is that you have to send in everything for a check but my experience already tells me that it is unlikely that we will find a problem since a real problem with several devices at the same time is quite uncommon.

I tried an old NZXT I had and it seems to be working 100%.

Montag, 21. November 2016, 17:00

OK, maybe it is time for a Hubby7 :D

Montag, 21. November 2016, 17:05

OK, maybe it is time for a Hubby7 :D

Too few ports. Have you ever tried to use a 4-port PCB? The cables will not be shielded, but that shouldn't be much of a problem for Aquacomputer hardware? I have set up one, with connection from the USB hub, but I only got Aquaero and Farbwerk to work. Didn't test it very much since it was so much else to test.

btw, here's a link to the new PC http://www.overclock.net/t/1616411/finally

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SverreMunthe« (21. November 2016, 17:07)

Montag, 21. November 2016, 18:06

I remember maybe year ago I was seeking help here at the forum I had similar issue and after days of trying, many people reached out with help but unfortunately with no luck. Many of the cables were connected to few of my ModMyToys PCB splitters that where also powering 6x PA3 that where controlling 4 pumps, 2x High speed flow meters, 23 fans some LEDs and ultimately all that was connected to aquabus.

Now!!! how to find the issue among of that......after trying everything I possibly could I took all cables that where connected 1 way or the other to AQ and among all related components and 1 of the cables, don't remember exactly, had bad continuity, it wasn't constant disconnection, so 1 of the PA3's and pump was acting up at random times and then that would totally disconnect my aquabus, it was bad crimp. After changed that cable everything worked perfect.

Just my $.05

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (21. November 2016, 18:16)

Montag, 21. November 2016, 18:36

I remember maybe year ago I was seeking help here at the forum I had similar issue and after days of trying, many people reached out with help but unfortunately with no luck. Many of the cables were connected to few of my ModMyToys PCB splitters that where also powering 6x PA3 that where controlling 4 pumps, 2x High speed flow meters, 23 fans some LEDs and ultimately all that was connected to aquabus.

Now!!! how to find the issue among of that......after trying everything I possibly could I took all cables that where connected 1 way or the other to AQ and among all related components and 1 of the cables, don't remember exactly, had bad continuity, it wasn't constant disconnection, so 1 of the PA3's and pump was acting up at random times and then that would totally disconnect my aquabus, it was bad crimp. After changed that cable everything worked perfect.

Just my $.05

Thanks a bunch, I'll try it. I'm guessing that connecting a wrongly pinned USB cable to an AQ product won't destroy it (either that or none of my cables are incorrectly wired, because all cables has been connected and all AQ produkts still work)?

Montag, 21. November 2016, 19:07

I would just going to say the same thing. Have a look at those cables.

Montag, 21. November 2016, 19:12

Just my $.05

Tested some of the cables and found that all, except the splitter to the Aquastream worked. But, taking one output from the USB hub, connecting it to a PCB and connecting more than 2 AQ products will not work. So, it's probably the current. I guess AQ products draws too much current for only 1 USB port to handle more than 2 of them? Do you have a suggestion as to how to connect power to a PCB board?

Montag, 21. November 2016, 19:13

What USB hub are you using? Is it self powered?

Montag, 21. November 2016, 19:22

What USB hub are you using? Is it self powered?

I think the name is NZXT UI01. Yes, it gets 5v from a PCB next to it that I use for 12v and 5v (have to think straight when connecting the cables hehe). Other equipment connected directly to the hub gets power enough (my mobile among other things). I have 2 of them, but one is unstable for some reason and I don't have a 10-pin to 10-pin cable that I can use to connect them (and missing the power cable to one as well). I'd really want a hub with enough internal USB-ports, this one only has 3 x 10-pin outputs and I have to use 2 full 10-pins to the card reader, leaving me only 2 that I can connect to AQ stuff. I guess I just have to let the cables hang loose and connect them one at a time, as I need them.

Montag, 21. November 2016, 20:00

The only thing I have drawing power from AQ directly are fans, everything else which is ton of hardware are connected directly to my Power supply through PCB splitters that are distributing juice to whatever need to go

20161121_132856__1479754743_174.112.227.165.jpg
IMG_6791-min.JPG

Montag, 21. November 2016, 22:17

I'm starting to wonder if it's the AQ hardware itself that makes this problem. No matter how I connect them, with or without power, I can only connect 3, 2 if it's Aquaero and Farbwerk. Is there som bug that prevents more than a certain number of connections per USB-port, from the motherboard?

Dienstag, 22. November 2016, 03:42

Zitat

I'm starting to wonder if it's the AQ hardware itself that makes this
problem. No matter how I connect them, with or without power, I can only
connect 3, 2 if it's Aquaero and Farbwerk. Is there som bug that
prevents more than a certain number of connections per USB-port, from
the motherboard?

That was exactly what went through my mind when I was experiencing issues I thought there is no way I should have that much trouble when everyone else telling me it should work as long as its connected properly and what do you know.......I was about to give up so I left everything for day or two so I wouldn't get sick and tired and then went back again to look some more and the thought of removing cables just came to my mind.

In your case can be something else, just don't assume AQ has issues yet, try adding IDs to each device, delete them than redo it, sometimes can be memory glitch or software related, Maybe clear CMOS on your M/B then try connecting through USB cable first than aquabus, those are just an examples, many times its simple thing and that's why its so hard to find it and later once its fixed you will laugh at it, just try everything you can, give a little time and if you think you've try absolutely everything that you thought of than maybe AQ have developed some issues.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (22. November 2016, 03:45)