• 19.09.2019, 21:51
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RGBpx wiring Diagram

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 3:59am

Hello,

I recently replaced my Corsair Commander Pro with your QUADRO unit. have some WS2818B 5 volt Addressable RGB light that I controlled with the Commander Pro.
Is there a wiring diagram for the RGBpx cable?
attached is a picture of the LEDs I am using.
noryss has attached the following file:
  • 20180126_192144.jpg (814.74 kB - 336 times downloaded - Last download: Sep 15th 2019, 10:06pm)

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 8:16am

Found the Solution:

RGB works perfectly using an extension harness that I cut and probe with my DVOM. Soldered some new male and female connectors and it works like a champ! hope this helps someone.
noryss has attached the following file:

Datanette

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 10:19am

Thanks for the information.
Did find out, that e.g. APA102 is not working with the Quadro. This means the 2nd conductor for "clocks CI" is not used.

male/female connector types

Sunday, January 27th 2019, 5:31pm

Hi,

I see this is a very old post, but it ended with success.

Can someone write what the size/parts are for the male and female RGBpx connectors? Also the specific wire size/gauge? (I might have too thick of wire...)

I ordered some of the wrong size connectors in an effort to make my own, and would like to make the right choice next time... it is hard to guess based on holding it up to the monitor and looking at dozens of different very similar headers and plugs on sale.

Thanks!!

InfoSeeker

Sunday, January 27th 2019, 8:23pm

If I need a 60 cm RGBpx cable, is it possible to daisy-chain a 50 cm & 10 cm cable in series, without a LED strip between?

mditsch

Monday, January 28th 2019, 6:19pm

no, because these cables have at both ends female plugs.

InfoSeeker

Monday, January 28th 2019, 10:27pm

no, because these cables have at both ends female plugs.

OK, thank you. I have some ordered but have not seen them yet.
Seems a little male/male jumper would be a handy thing.

InfoSeeker

RE: male/female connector types

Tuesday, February 5th 2019, 4:07am

Hi,

Can someone write what the size/parts are for the male and female RGBpx connectors? Also the specific wire size/gauge? (I might have too thick of wire...)

I ordered some of the wrong size connectors in an effort to make my own, and would like to make the right choice next time... it is hard to guess based on holding it up to the monitor and looking at dozens of different very similar headers and plugs on sale.

Thanks!!

I was directed to the Molex PicoBlade Connector System
Looks like they have the plugs and crimps to make your own
I need a 60 cm cable, and they just happen to have one, stock, off the shelf (Part Number: 15134-0406)
I ordered one, hope it's the right thing

RE: RE: male/female connector types

Friday, February 15th 2019, 6:34pm

Hi,

Thanks!!

I was directed to the Molex PicoBlade Connector System
Looks like they have the plugs and crimps to make your own
I need a 60 cm cable, and they just happen to have one, stock, off the shelf (Part Number: 15134-0406)
I ordered one, hope it's the right thing
do yourself the favor a buy a splitty4. IT comes with the cable you need and more. Its not even worth buying the cable desperate cable.