• 27.04.2024, 21:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 27. März 2023, 17:30

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not.

I have: one Aquaero 5 Lt, two poweradjust 3, and one quadro.

The quadro is a new addition, in adding it in I noticed that the aquabus setting overlapped the poweradjust (which previously worked just fine). I updated to the latest aquasuite and also updated the firmware on the aquaero 5. After doing this I moved the aquabus address and both of the poweradjusts disappeared from aquasuite. They show as being available on the aquabus page, but the related devices e.g. fan, don't actually appear on the fan tab for the aquaero now.

Can you please advise on this?
Just a stab in the dark from someone who is not the most versed, but know enough to be deadly, haha!. Did you give them the correct address number? There are specific numbers for each product. I am sure you probably already know this but sometimes we forget things we don't deal with on a daily basis.

Yup, changed the address. I've tested removing the quadro from aquabus and the poweradjust still do not show their devices in the relevant aquaero section.
e.g. aquabus shows bus address 54, fan 9 -> on the aquaero fan section, there is no fan 9.

If I change the address to something else it still does not show up in the aquaero.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kemist1117« (27. März 2023, 17:32)

Montag, 27. März 2023, 17:34

I know this might sound D, but sometimes aquasuite is weird. Reboot few times even shut down your PC and unplug PSU hit power button to drain remaining power then plug it back on and try

Montag, 27. März 2023, 18:32

Hi ! thanks but I don't expect to pay in my case.
I had aquasuite working fine with an octo.
I received an upgrade notif and acceped and now nothing is working. That is abosultely not what you expect from an update.
How can I get to the previous version ?

Montag, 27. März 2023, 18:49

I know this might sound D, but sometimes aquasuite is weird. Reboot few times even shut down your PC and unplug PSU hit power button to drain remaining power then plug it back on and try
This worked, thanks!

Montag, 27. März 2023, 18:51

This worked, thanks!
:thumbsup:

Montag, 27. März 2023, 21:20

When all else fails, reboot, haha!
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Remayz

Montag, 27. März 2023, 21:59

I received an upgrade notif and acceped and now nothing is working. That is abosultely not what you expect from an update.
If you download the installer and reinstall Aquasuite, it should give you the latest version covered by your update licence.
But normally when you try to install an update you don't have a licence for, there's a warning message telling you you'll need to purchase an update licence extension.

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 07:45

If you have performed a firmware upgrade, you can no longer use an older version, there is no downgrade option for the firmware.
If you have not done a firmware upgrade see the previous post by Remayz, just download the installer.

The warning that you no longer have an update license is very prominent in the new version message, it's hard to miss.
»Taubenhaucher« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • aquasuite_2023-03-28_06-41-17.png
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 10. April 2023, 01:28

Nothing in that message says anything about a firmware update coming with the newest version, and it most certainly does NOT mention that the new version (for SOME devices, depending on their current firmware version) requires firmware update to use, and the fact that once upgraded a firmware cannot be downgraded is mentioned absolutely nowhere in this software. A customer who does not frequent these forums could easily (and I know because it happened to me as well) be pestered about an update with vague language to the effect of to use this version you need an extension of an update service. Again, this is not very clear language, the button for installing the newest version as well as a corresponding firmware update make no mention of having to pay more until you go digging on these forums to find out that if you accepted the extension of the update service, that your device's firmware was upgraded, and you no longer can use your device until you pay additional money because the ability to go back to the old version has been blocked or restricted so there is on recourse other than to pay again for something. :cursing:

This is all borderline sleazy and/or unscrupulous & it's not a good direction to take the company. Given how much extra unused space there is in the update notification area (about only 10% of the actual sidebar area is consumed by text of any kind, even at the lowest DPI settings) there is no reason NOT to include maybe another sentence or two underneath the warning that explains, clearly, in either plain english/german/whatever what the update service extension ACTUALLY is, what it costs, what will happen once the new update is installed & there definitely NEEDS to be a warning saying that if you update this service, your firmware will also be updated, you cannot go back to older versions of firmware, and you will have to pay an additional small & modest fee to get the said extension of the update service. :P

The way it's currently set up is essentially tricking a lot of people into doing this through sheer vagueness & then is extorting the usability of their hardware through a software limitation until they pay what in effect becomes, at it's lowest level, a ransom to continue using what they just already owned which probably does not leave a good taste in people's mouths when they think about the way they feel about aquacomputer as a company. :(

Beyond that, it would also be nice to actually get legitimately useful patch notes, the vagueness all over the place is somewhat stunning still considering what this hardware/software package can do, what it does, and the intended audience of these products. We are being treated like idiots or children in this aspect, and when it's not that some people will see themselves as having to essentially pay a ransom to continue using the stuff they bought. X(

In a business sense, its' brilliant but in the long-term-viability-of-this-company sense, it's not a good direction to head down, I certainly hope aquacomputer DOES NOT head in this direction, because a company heading in the unscrupulous direction with regards to the way they treat their customers will ultimately end up eventually stooping to samsung's levels of taking advantage of or being dishonest with their customers. Samsung as a company is completely run by psychopaths at this point & it will not last much longer than the next few years at the rate they have decided to drive their business towards the edge of a cliff. Their latest financial statements are reflective of general attitudes towards their products, and it's not too late for aquacomputer to turn things around & treat their customers as adults.

If you have performed a firmware upgrade, you can no longer use an older version, there is no downgrade option for the firmware.
If you have not done a firmware upgrade see the previous post by Remayz, just download the installer.

The warning that you no longer have an update license is very prominent in the new version message, it's hard to miss.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »zvonkorp« (11. April 2023, 03:23)

Caselabs STH10 Magnum, twin pedestals
Ryzen 2700
RTX 3080ti
aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer MPS400- x2 - firmware 1012
aquacomputer Poweradjust 3- x2 - firmware 1010
aquacomputer farbwerk bluetooth
Koolance PMP-500 x2
aquasuite X.68

Windows 8.1 Pro

Remayz

Montag, 10. April 2023, 02:31

the message says you have to pay to run the new version basically. If you hit install, what do you expect? to have it run by chance? ^^
I'm being sarcastic, but putting a longer text explaining all the technicalities won't matter. why would someone click if they are not willing to get an update service extension? Maybe to see if Aquacomputer is bluffing?

The only thing Aquacomputer does "wrong" is they publish a FAQ, they also have terms of sale that explains the whole update service, and they assume people don't need to be held by the hand at every click.
If the update says you need to get an extension of the update subscription, they assume if you are not willing to pay, you will just close the notification and just use your current version.

Now, for the select few that still go ahead and run into the brick wall they have been warned about, maybe the support has tools to revert firmware versions. It happened before that we had to roll back so it's definitely a possibility too.
If you don't contact the suypport, then on your own yes, the only solution will be to get an update license, which luckily is very affordable and well worth it.

Montag, 10. April 2023, 06:21

As you can see in my picture, there is also a link to the version note above the warning message, which takes you to the thread with the update history of the Aquasuite, where you can see what has been changed for each version and also which devices receive a firmware update.

If you do not click on this link, what is the point of an additional sentence?

In addition, the firmware updates are not triggered automatically, you must always start them manually.

Experience shows clearly that no matter what you write, the argument is always "I have not seen" or "who reads through something like that".

So it should be clear that no matter what a company does, there will always be people who get upset about it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Dienstag, 11. April 2023, 03:27

Maybe so but given how little of the sidebar is actually being utilized when the notification to update pops up, I feel that maybe adding some specific patch notes right then & there to fill some of that space up could only help the software, the users & the company as a whole. I am not alone when I say that if the announcement was made right then & there in the sidebar right where you get the notification in aquasuite that you can update, I would appreciate maybe some patch notes that also explain what is new or being fixed so we can make an informed decision as to whether or not we want to upgrade.

Unfortunately, if they end up doing something like that then people will no longer have to come to their message boards to be able to get some of this information & their page views & site rank would decline as a result, as there would be less opportunities to show off other products if people never make it to this website to begin with.

I guess in the end, money will always prevail so it is what it is. I can only keep wishing for the entire system as a whole to change before it all falls apart.
Caselabs STH10 Magnum, twin pedestals
Ryzen 2700
RTX 3080ti
aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro - firmware 2104
aquacomputer MPS400- x2 - firmware 1012
aquacomputer Poweradjust 3- x2 - firmware 1010
aquacomputer farbwerk bluetooth
Koolance PMP-500 x2
aquasuite X.68

Windows 8.1 Pro

Remayz

Dienstag, 11. April 2023, 06:53

there's no product ads in the forum ^^'
And i doubt ad revenue from forum pages views are any kind of significant for the company. I personally don't even see any ad here..
tbh no company does what you say. the only i can think of, HWinfo has a link to the changelog, no info on the update notification. Logitech GHUB shows you the changelog after the update..
Besides the changelog varies, depending on which version you are updating from.

Dienstag, 11. April 2023, 09:10

Zitat

I would appreciate maybe some patch notes that also explain what is new
or being fixed so we can make an informed decision as to whether or not
we want to upgrade.
I'm sure I expressed myself wrong, or the DeepL translation is bad, I'm just not a native speaker.

But clicking on the link in the update message will take you directly to the patch notes.

Why should you write the patch notes in addition to the link again in the message, where no one reads them before he clicks on update?
By the way here is the link

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (11. April 2023, 09:13)

Samstag, 15. April 2023, 11:13

Hello, thanks for your answer but I don't expect an update to ask me to pay for a new licence.
Did they really do this ? :S

In that case, where can I get the previsous version, it is out of the question for me to pay for an update.
Thanks

Samstag, 15. April 2023, 12:02

You dont pay for an update, you pay for one year updateservice.
On every Shopsite for a controller you get a note like this, it is from the aquaero 6 site:

Zitat

Notes on the aquasuite software:
When you
activate this product you will receive the current version of the
aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least eighteen
(18 ) months. After the expiration of the upgrade service you may use and
reinstall the latest version available during the upgrade period
without a time limit.
The update service can optionally be extended or renewed at any time for a fee.
Please note that an internet connection is required for the installation and activation of the aquasuite software.
Further information about the update service and the activation of the aquasuite software can be found here.

The complete information for this service is here
Please ask yourself, is it better to get a software which is packed with bugs and dont function well without any updates or updates that changes nothing for the quality of the software, like the most software out there for the fan/led controllers, or a software that gets updates for a known time and also gets new functions and quick bugfixes?

On the other hand 10 bucks for one year of updateservice is extremely cheap in my opinion.

The question is easily answered support > downloads > software the updater will offer you the last version for your actual aquacomputer hardware without updateservice.

This can´t work if you updated a firmware after the update of the aquasuite, a firmwware downgrade is not possible i think this is mentioned before the firmwareupdate, but not sure.

Remayz

Samstag, 15. April 2023, 13:40

if i skip my yearly visit to McDonalds, i save two years worth of Aquasuite updates.. and don't get sick as an added bonus :p

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 11:40

You dont pay for an update, you pay for one year updateservice.
On every Shopsite for a controller you get a note like this, it is from the aquaero 6 site:

Zitat

Notes on the aquasuite software:
When you
activate this product you will receive the current version of the
aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least eighteen
(18 ) months. After the expiration of the upgrade service you may use and
reinstall the latest version available during the upgrade period
without a time limit.
The update service can optionally be extended or renewed at any time for a fee.
Please note that an internet connection is required for the installation and activation of the aquasuite software.
Further information about the update service and the activation of the aquasuite software can be found here.

The complete information for this service is here
Please ask yourself, is it better to get a software which is packed with bugs and dont function well without any updates or updates that changes nothing for the quality of the software, like the most software out there for the fan/led controllers, or a software that gets updates for a known time and also gets new functions and quick bugfixes?

On the other hand 10 bucks for one year of updateservice is extremely cheap in my opinion.

The question is easily answered support > downloads > software the updater will offer you the last version for your actual aquacomputer hardware without updateservice.

This can´t work if you updated a firmware after the update of the aquasuite, a firmwware downgrade is not possible i think this is mentioned before the firmwareupdate, but not sure.

Thanks a lot for you answer.
Very desapointing, I didn't know that.
I don't expect products to be sold with bugs and dont function well and I consider and bug fix as a duty of the vendor.
It is something I experience with not other hardware : graphic cards, mouse, sound card, motherboard, etc. All updates and bug fixes are free.

I'll pay this year as I have no choise and never update software anymore nor buy products from this company which I initially found really great. X(

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 12:17

It is your decision, but think about whether it really makes sense.

The Aquacomputer controllers last for many years, the software is constantly being developed and new functions are added, this is also the reason for the paid update service, the programming costs a lot of money.
You can link and control all controllers, pumps, flow sensors and the LEAKSHIELD via one software, no matter if it is an older Aquaero 5 or a new OCTO.

Compare that for example with the Corsair, NZXT, LIANLI or other manufacturers who offer control software for their fans and LEDs, this software can not do much and usually not well. If a new hardware version comes, there is usually also a new software version that no longer works with the old hardware, and there are no firmware updates.

I can understand that you are angry at first, because other manufacturers proceed differently, but you have to see the whole picture and not just a small part.

Especially with the motherboards I would gladly pay something to get a working software, my previous experiences with ASROCK, ASUS and Gigabyte show that none of these companies is able to deliver a software that is even remotely usable, bloatware is still too friendly a term for these programs.
By the way, my experience goes back to 1993, when I built my first computer.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 12:37

Thanks a lot for you answer.
Very desapointing, I didn't know that.
I don't expect products to be sold with bugs and dont function well and I consider and bug fix as a duty of the vendor.
It is something I experience with not other hardware : graphic cards, mouse, sound card, motherboard, etc. All updates and bug fixes are free.

I'll pay this year as I have no choise and never update software anymore nor buy products from this company which I initially found really great. X(

I believe you may misunderstand the update policy.
  • what you purchase will always function as purchased, without additional cost
  • if you wish to avail yourself of new features developed after your subscription expires, you will need to purchase a license
  • from then on, again, you will never have to purchase a license until a new feature is implemented that you want to have
  • etc., etc., etc.