• 27.04.2024, 17:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

RE: AQS X.70 Froze but seems fine after restarting

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 04:51

I just posted this in the German forum by mistake. I am reposting here. Apologies for the duplicate post.

I usually wait a few days before updating Aquasuite so I can keep an eye out for problems being reported on this forum. Today I decided to just do it so I updated to X.70. Wow - The GUI changes look really nice.

Everything seemed to be working fine until Aquasuite froze on me. I had just opened Data log - Analyze data and added 3 data sources to the graph. Then I clicked on one of my overview pages. At that moment, the program froze. It didn't crash, it just froze. I had to right click the icon in the task bar and close the application. Then I restarted it and everything seems fine again. I don't see anything in Windows event viewer (I am running Windows 10 ver 22H2 Build 19045.3324). Is there an Aquasuite log file that I can check for info on what caused the freeze?

Not only X70 freezes, but it also feels sluggish when toggling. I restarted my system few times and while I was re-encoding 4K video it froze again and this was never issue with X69
»Dundys« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Froze Again-min.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 11 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2023, 07:16)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 07:21

I did a clean install of the new update .70 Aquasuite and started to setup my different sensors to the profiles,

Make sure that the profiles in the device are set correctly.
So change the profile in the device and then change the settings.
Then save the profile settings.

Then test the profiles, i.e. switch whether everything works correctly.
If this works, you can connect the profiles with the global playground settings.

Not only X70 freezes, but it also feels sluggish when toggling. I

We have never seen such behavior here.
Maybe the system has a problem with high CPU/GPU load.

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 07:32

I did a clean install of the new update .70 Aquasuite and started to setup my different sensors to the profiles,

If this works, you can connect the profiles with the global playground settings.

I note the same sluggish behavior when toggling/switching through the main-menus of devices.
CPU/RAM/SSD load is fine (CPU 20% max, RAM 65%, SSD 5%)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 07:47

Yes my CPU might be nearly at 100% load, but this was never the issue, otherwise I would have the same problem with X69, but Its not. I even reloaded new image of freshly installed win10 22H2 with X69 on it and its night and day comparing to X70. X69 is very responsive, no hiccups, but as soon as I installed X70 it gets very sluggish. I rebooted my PC # of times and although the crashes seem to stop, at least for now, and that's why you not seen crashes at your end, they seem random, but the sluggishness is there.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2023, 08:15)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 08:45

In the last few days, some Net updates have been rolled out.
Make sure that all Windows Update are installed.
Important: Update your GPU drivers.

Remayz

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 09:44

i tried out of curiosity, and even fully loading the CPU, aquasuite is super snappy browsing all the devices screen. If it's a bug, it's not happening everywhere.

X70 thoughts

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 13:25

Nice graphical improvement.

Appreciate the 'Do not quit Aquasuite only minimize' option.
It would be useful if a right-click on the aquasuite system tray icon offered a quit option.

With the 'power supply' monitoring option activated I see no results.
setting.jpg data_view.jpg

Previously mentioned:
The Input button functionality should be slightly modified.
With the Relative option selected, if clicked when at maximum value, it should loop back to minimum value.
The display should be brought to par with the slider and Dial options.

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 15:32

In the last few days, some Net updates have been rolled out.
Make sure that all Windows Update are installed.
Important: Update your GPU drivers.

Everything is up to date. Latest NET. and drivers, still I went back this morning to X69 and aquasuite runs nice...X70 sluggish

Even adjusting range voltage to my fan curve by increments using the up/down arrow I had to go slow, otherwise adding as usually with mouse click would be delayed and if I go try snappier click, it would then skip and jump to high because of the delay to begin with.

Note: I notice that even now as I type there are moments the sluggishness seem to go away and toggling between aquasuite menu is slightly better, but then after sometime goes back to snail speed again.... :!:

I will try is to install aquasuite X70 from scratch and not updating from X69 I doubt that will make a difference, but worth trying.
»Dundys« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Untitled-min.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2023, 15:56)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 16:07

In fact, similar problems were found in previous versions. When you install a new version, the configuration of the old version is completely invalid, and all graphics and parameters must be reset once. Since these argument files cannot be backed up, they have to be reconfigured every time the software is upgraded, not sure what went wrong, but I did and ended up closing the loop after the software expired. Unless I add revolutionary hardware, I don't want to spend money to update to the latest version right now. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jacob« (15. August 2023, 03:11)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 19:31

Reinstalled aquasuite from scratch and 2 things have slightly change in positive direction.
1. It seems the crashes stooped, at least for now and
2. The sluggishness has improved a bit, its more manageable, but its still there and In my humble opinion I still think some tweaks are needed.

Update again:

Some of you might agree that aquasuite had behaved strangely from time to time. Sometimes It needed few reboots and even shutting PC downs unplugging PSU and plugging back in and restarting.This X70 behaviour has the same site effect. I end up turning my PC off 2-3 times, switching PSU switch off, powering power button on PC to drain rest of the power and turning everything back on. After that aquasuite behaves much better, but time will tell.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 10 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2023, 21:19)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 20:38

Reinstalled aquasuite from scratch and 2 things have slightly change in positive direction.

2. The sluggishness has improved a bit, its more manageable, but its still there and In my humble opinion I still think some tweaks are needed.
X.70 is sluggish on my system too.

Windows 10 ver 22H2 Build 19045.3324, R9-5950X, RTX 3080 w/ driver v536.99 (latest). I just downloaded and installed windowsdesktop-runtime-7.0.10-win-x64.exe which was released on 08-August.

I am in the Octo Fans tab just switching from port to port. There is a noticeable lag of 2 to 3 seconds, sometimes more. The previously selected port has a blue rectangle around it. The newly selected port has a white rectangle around it. When I click on a different port, there are sometiumes 2 to 3 seconds where the blue rectangle and the white rectangle are both visible. After these few seconds, the blue rectangle disappears and the white rectangle turns blue and the screen switches to the settings for that port. It's kind of hard to describe. Below is a link to a video that shows this. As I move from port to port I am clicking on the new port right away. Ports 7 and 8 are not used. The lag is definitely longer when I select these ports. Switching from port 7 to 8 took almost 5 seconds. Below the video is the list I get when I run dotnet --list-runtimes from a command prompt.

Also, when clicking on a device tab (like an Octo) it is very slow and jerky as the tab opens up. Sometimes its fast but other times its slow. It is not consistent. I can make another video of this if it would be helpful.

LAGGY Video

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 21:12

X.70 is sluggish on my system too.

Windows 10 ver 22H2 Build 19045.3324, R9-5950X, RTX 3080 w/ driver v536.99 (latest). I just downloaded and installed windowsdesktop-runtime-7.0.10-win-x64.exe which was released on 08-August.

I am in the Octo Fans tab just switching from port to port. There is a noticeable lag of 2 to 3 seconds, sometimes more. The previously selected port has a blue rectangle around it. The newly selected port has a white rectangle around it. When I click on a different port, there are sometiumes 2 to 3 seconds where the blue rectangle and the white rectangle are both visible. After these few seconds, the blue rectangle disappears and the white rectangle turns blue and the screen switches to the settings for that port. It's kind of hard to describe. Below is a link to a video that shows this. As I move from port to port I am clicking on the new port right away. Ports 7 and 8 are not used. The lag is definitely longer when I select these ports. Switching from port 7 to 8 took almost 5 seconds. Below the video is the list I get when I run dotnet --list-runtimes from a command prompt.

Also, when clicking on a device tab (like an Octo) it is very slow and jerky as the tab opens up. Sometimes its fast but other times its slow. It is not consistent. I can make another video of this if it would be helpful.

LAGGY Video

I agree its lagging and from the video you posted that is exactly what I'm seen. As I mentioned, all my drivers and NET. are up to date and shutting my PC off and turning back on did help and even thou the lagging felt less as time goes on the lag is coming back. My system is no picnic, more horsepower and stability then average PC, yet I exhibit this behaviour.

For now I'm going back to X69

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2023, 21:22)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 21:46

There is another weird thing that I just notice. While I'm toggling in "Fan Settings "menu with my mouse between fans , just like Speedy-VI video shows, my fans are ramping up, which was not happening before.

Going back to X69 until X70 is fixed :thumbdown:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (12. August 2023, 07:35)

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 21:50

I agree its lagging and from the video you posted that is exactly what I'm seen. As I mentioned, all my drivers and NET. are up to date and shutting my PC off and turning back on did help and even thou the lagging felt less as time goes on the lag is coming back. My system is no picnic, more horsepower and stability then average PC, yet I exhibit this behaviour. For now, I'm going back to X69
I have had AQS X.70 running for a few hours now. I just tried to open my Leakshield tab but nothing happened. I thought the program was frozen again but after almost 10 seconds, the tab finally opened. Switching between items in the Leakshield tab is now taking about 5 seconds. Switching between Octo ports is also slower now. Default overview pages are now taking a long time to fully appear. Whatever is happening seems to get worse the longer it runs. It is borderline unusable. I am going to let it run a while longer and see if it continues to get worse. Then I will try a full power down and reboot.

I usually wait a few days before updating so I can watch this forum for problems. This time I did not wait and now I regret it. Unfortunately, I don’t have an image saved with X.69 so I can’t go back unless Aquacomputer provides a way to do so. If everyone’s system is running like mine, I think they are going to have to let us revert to X.69. This thread is not flooded with posts so either what we are seeing is not typical or most people have not updated yet.

EDIT TO ADD - Actually, I have a recent restore point so I can go back to X.69. I will play with it some more, try stopping and restarting AQS, and full power cycle. I really like the looks of the new GUI but I cannot deal with how slow its getting, Something is definitely very wrong.

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 22:01

I share your input with aquasuite lagging and now, at least in my case with fans ramping up when tagging between fans in menu is another weird thing. I like the new GUI improvements as well, but aquasuite X70 needs fixing. Its not the first time that aquasuite has been released with issues that aren't being acknowledged.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2023, 22:22)

Remayz

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 23:07

Something seems off on my end too. at boot it's perfect. i am checking now after having the PCon all day, and aquasuite takes constantly 1.5 - 2.5% cpu usage. there seems to be hiccups on the interface everytime the sensors update which is like every second or so.
closing and reopening aquasuite clears the issue and gets the CPU usage back to 0 - 0.2% as usual.

When i commented earlier that there was no problem on my end it was like 40 min after starting the PC soooo.. that may be a clue something goes sideways with time.

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 23:38

I just went back to X69 and comparing to X70 its night and day. There is literally no lag whatsoever and in fact it feels like my system overall is snappier and no, its not psychological mindset thing.

Remayz

Freitag, 11. August 2023, 23:53

back to some weirdness almost an hour later

https://gyazo.com/8a39009b7949d655505bbadcb09a74a0

Samstag, 12. August 2023, 00:03

AQS X.70 is definitely getting slower the longer it runs. Closing it and restarting seems to reset the laggy performance. I am watching how much RAM it is using and the number keeps rising but then levels off. After a reboot and starting AQS, it was using ~596K of RAM. After 30 min RAM usage is up to ~750K and it's so slow it's practically unusable. I thought maybe it had a memory leak . Here is a video taken 30-min after a reboot. In this video, I moved the cursor away from whatever I clicked on so you can see how long it takes after I click for AQS to respond. You can also see how long it takes for a device tab to open or close. There is something very wrong. If they don't release an update I am going to have to do a System Restore to get back to X.69.

EDIT TO ADD - after an hour, RAM usage is up to ~900K. Memory leak?

AQS X7.70 EXTREMELY SLOW

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (12. August 2023, 00:17)

Samstag, 12. August 2023, 00:14

I'm also seeing some heavy CPU usage with Aqua Compute Service after upgrading to X70.

The process started with low CPU usage, but the CPU usage increased over time. I have Aquasuite running on two of my computers; Aqua Computer Service on one of them has 0.2~0.3% CPU usage initially, but became 5~6% after an hour. Another one with a more limited CPU (Linux host running Aquasuite in a Windows VM) has ~3% CPU usage initially, and became 40~50% CPU usage after an hour.

Manually restarting Aqua Computer Service helps tame down the CPU usage, but it crept up again after an hour.