• 28.04.2024, 18:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 08:22

It probably appears I am a bit 'button centric', but the Input > Button' function is completely dysfunctional with X70 (button_fail)

The buttons input works without any error. When you use relative mode you have to set a value diffrerent to zero.

With the 'power supply' monitoring option activated I see no results.
setting.jpg data_view.jpg

this works only when you have a supported PSU

Montag, 14. August 2023, 08:37

When I use my desktop overlays, they work but blanked out both screens' backgrounds to a grey (see screenshots). It also hides the taskbar. Strange. It was working as it should for a few hours but at a random time, my desktop turned grey, and the taskbar disappeared.

We cannot currently reproduce the problem.
Create a new page with only one element.
Then test the page on the desktop.
Describe as detailed as possible what your desktop configuration looks like and what you do until the problem occurs.
Preferably always with appropriate screenshots.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 11:46

Are you able to have the Button Input function properly on all 3 of your systems?
I just tested this. I have not set up a button in quite a while so I may be hazy on how it is supposed to work (or how it used to work). In your video, you expect 3 things to happen that did not happen:
  • When the button is in Relative mode and set to 0, you expect the button value to increment when you click Button Input.
  • When you move the dial, you expect the button value to change
  • When you increment the button value but do not click Button Input, you expect the slider and dial to change.
I saw the same exact behavior but to me it makes sense. To me, the button value is user-input data and it is not affected by moving the slider or dial. In Relative mode, the button value acts as an offset, and moving the slider or dial should not change the offset value. In Absolute mode, the button value is an absolute value and moving the slider or dial should not change this value.
  1. If the button is in Relative mode and set to 0 and you click Button Input, the slider and dial will not change because the offset is 0.
  2. If the button is in Relative mode and set to value X (not zero), and the slider and dial are at value A, clicking Button Input will cause the slider and dial to move to A+X (if X is positive) or A-X (if X is negative).
  3. If the button is in Absolute mode and set to value X, and the slider and dial are at value A, clicking Button Input will cause the slider and dial to jump to value X.
  4. Clicking Button Input does not cause the button value to increment, it just sends whatever value the button is set to, which will affect the slider and dial (unless the button is in Relative mode and set to 0).
Moving the slider or dial does not change the button Absolute or Relative value. Again, to me, the button value is a user-input data value (either Absolute or Relative) that is not affected by the position of the slider or dial. Incrementing/decrementing the button value does not do anything until you click Button Input. When you click Button Input, the button value is sent to the slider and dial which then react accordingly.

Maybe it used to work as you expected and they rethought this. What I am seeing makes sense but I don't know if it used to work this way. Does this behavior make sense to you?

OK, Chrome has solved it.
I tried that and I think it works, at least as I understand it.
The button is controlled by the "Value" field, for example if I enter 1 and press the "Button Input" the value changes on the slider and dial, both relative and absolute.

The value at the button changes the value of the slider and the dial by exactly the set value each time the knob is pressed.

If the value is 0 nothing should change according to my understanding.

OK, so the value sets the step of the function, I see.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 11:48

It probably appears I am a bit 'button centric', but the Input > Button' function is completely dysfunctional with X70 (button_fail)

The buttons input works without any error. When you use relative mode you have to set a value diffrerent to zero.

With the 'power supply' monitoring option activated I see no results.
setting.jpg data_view.jpg

this works only when you have a supported PSU

Is there a list available of supported PSUs?

Montag, 14. August 2023, 12:55

some corsair psu with USB are supported.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 13:03

The Corsair power supplies with the i at the end of the name, such as HX 1000i
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 14. August 2023, 18:57

I've been running X71 for a few hours, but sadly the high CPU usage in Aqua Computer Service is still there.

I have MQTT setup to capture some statistics, and I can see the high CPU usage issue over there as well. As you can see in the attachment, the CPU usage remains very low in X69 (the spike at the end is unrelated). But CPU usage in X70 ACS slowly rises over time, from around 2W up to 22W, forcing the CPU to run at higher power state. It is even higher when Aquasuite is left running for a long time. It has been only two hours with X71, but I'm also seeing the same issue.

In the last two reboots, I haven't even logged in to Windows. I'm seeing this behavior with two of my machines with Aquasuite running, one with QUADRO, and another one with Aquaero 6 LT.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »sirn« (14. August 2023, 19:15)

Montag, 14. August 2023, 19:15

So far X71 is OK, no lag and actually it feels snappier then even X69, that is great :thumbsup: so this has been fixed, at least it seems that way for now, we will give a little time.
I will report back if anything changes.

Thank you :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (14. August 2023, 19:23)

Montag, 14. August 2023, 20:15

The button is controlled by the "Value" field, for example if I enter 1 and press the "Button Input" the value changes on the slider and dial, both relative and absolute.

The value at the button changes the value of the slider and the dial by exactly the set value each time the knob is pressed.

If the value is 0 nothing should change according to my understanding.
This is correct if the button is set to Absolute mode, which it is in your screen shots. If the button is set to Relative mode, it acts as an offset.

Examples - If the slider and dial are at 2 and the button is in Relative mode and set to 3, when the Button Input is clicked, the slider and dial will change to 5 which is the value they were at (2) plus the value of the button (3). If the slider and dial are at 5 and the button is in Relative mode and set to -3, when the Button Input is clicked, the slider and dial will change to 2 which is the value they were at (5) minus the value of the button (-3).

Montag, 14. August 2023, 20:50

So far X71 is OK, no lag and actually it feels snappier then even X69, that is great :thumbsup: so this has been fixed, at least it seems that way for now, we will give a little time.
I will report back if anything changes.

Thank you :)
Good News!

I've been running X71 for a few hours, but sadly the high CPU usage in Aqua Computer Service is still there.
It is even higher when Aquasuite is left running for a long time. It has been only two hours with X71, but I'm also seeing the same issue.
In the last two reboots, I haven't even logged in to Windows. I'm seeing this behavior with two of my machines with Aquasuite running, one with QUADRO, and another one with Aquaero 6 LT.
Bad News!

I just updated to X.71. After the reboot the AQS splash screen came up but the program did not open. Eventually, I got a Windows pop-up saying the program was not responding with a choice to wait for the program to respond or close it. I selected wait for the program to respond. It finally opened after about 10 more seconds. I have a 5-second start delay set but I don't think the long splash screen freeze was due to this. I rebooted again and AQS opened normally. I will test for increasing lag by opening an Octo tab and clicking on various PWM ports. I will also let AQS run while watching CPU Utilization and RAM usage. With X.70 both were increasing over time.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 22:13

My system's PSU is a Corsair AX1600i.
Aquacomputer Hardware Monitor does not appear to sense it, but HWiNFO does.
»InfoSeeker« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • service_on.jpg (280,88 kB - 45 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: Gestern, 23:09)
  • psu_absent.jpg (337,02 kB - 39 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: Heute, 06:23)

Montag, 14. August 2023, 22:30

Accepted, I understand the step value now.

My issue is once the maximum value has been attained, the button becomes useless.
If the button were allowed to loop to min from max, one could step through all value repeatedly to determine the best value.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 23:17

If HWINFO can monitor the PSU, you can import the data into AQS via HWINFO's Shared Memory Support. This feature works great but it does have a 12-hour limit unless you buy a HWINFO license, which I feel is well worth it. I have a Thermaltake iRGB Plus PSU that I bought mainly because it has a USB port on it. Thermaltake's software is complete trash but HWINFO and SIV can monitor it. Since HWINFO can monitor it, I can import that data into AQS.

I prefer to disable all Hardware Monitoring in AQS and import sensor data from HWINFO because it's sole purpose is to monitor sensors and it is very good at it. HWINFO is updated often to keep up with ever changing hardware. It has been updated 31 times this year compared to 6 times for AQS. Nothing against AQS. It's just that monitoring sensors is not the primary focus of the program. AQS is best at cooling loop component control. HWINFO is best at monitoring sensors. Since the Shared Memory Interface makes it easy to import everything that HWINFO monitors into AQS, I take advantage of this by using each program for what it is best at doing.

Montag, 14. August 2023, 23:34

If the button were allowed to loop to min from max, one could step through all value repeatedly to determine the best value.
This is a good idea. They could add a LOOP checkbox in the Button setup section. This seems like it would be very easy to do but Aquacomputer has explained to me several times in the past that a suggestion I made was not as easy to implement as I thought. Still can't hurt to ask them to consider this.

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 01:18

Its been several hours and so far, at least problems I have reported (lag and random crashes) have been fixed. I don't want to jinx it, but X71 seem to work even smoother then previous X69 which is surprising :thumbsup: Keep in mind I run only Aquaero's 6XT's no other AC hardware so whether other issues are fixed I cant comment on that, but so far great fix.
If anything changes I will report back.

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (15. August 2023, 01:27)

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 01:31

If HWINFO can monitor the PSU, you can import the data into AQS via HWINFO's Shared Memory Support. This feature works great but it does have a 12-hour limit unless you buy a HWINFO license, which I feel is well worth it. I have a Thermaltake iRGB Plus PSU that I bought mainly because it has a USB port on it. Thermaltake's software is complete trash but HWINFO and SIV can monitor it. Since HWINFO can monitor it, I can import that data into AQS.

I prefer to disable all Hardware Monitoring in AQS and import sensor data from HWINFO because it's sole purpose is to monitor sensors and it is very good at it. HWINFO is updated often to keep up with ever changing hardware. It has been updated 31 times this year compared to 6 times for AQS. Nothing against AQS. It's just that monitoring sensors is not the primary focus of the program. AQS is best at cooling loop component control. HWINFO is best at monitoring sensors. Since the Shared Memory Interface makes it easy to import everything that HWINFO monitors into AQS, I take advantage of this by using each program for what it is best at doing.

Agreed, if you look at the 2nd attachment (PSU_absent) you will see the PSU under the the HWiNFO tab. The feedback is informational for the Devs.

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 02:34

Agreed, if you look at the 2nd attachment (PSU_absent) you will see the PSU under the the HWiNFO tab. The feedback is informational for the Devs.
Ah I did not catch that. Sorry if I was telling you something that you already know.

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 04:39

Just reporting AQS X.71 has been running for about 10 hours. I have clicked all over the place. It's running fine - no lag, CPU load OK, RAM use OK. Everything looks good on my system. Thank you Aquacomputer for getting the update out quickly.

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 07:25

This is correct if the button is set to Absolute mode, which it is in your screen shots. If the button is set to Relative mode, it acts as an offset.

Examples - If the slider and dial are at 2 and the button is in Relative mode and set to 3, when the Button Input is clicked, the slider and dial will change to 5 which is the value they were at (2) plus the value of the button (3). If the slider and dial are at 5 and the button is in Relative mode and set to -3, when the Button Input is clicked, the slider and dial will change to 2 which is the value they were at (5) minus the value of the button (-3).
You're right, my mistake, I didn't think far enough, I was wondering why there were the two settings when they do the same thing.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 10:05

X71 seems to have fixed the issue with Aquasuite UI, but I can still see the high CPU usage on Aqua Computer Service.

The dip at before Aug 15 was when I installed X71. The power usage went from 2W to approximately 20W similar to X70 (the previous dip). Though, Aquasuite UI no longer causes CPU usage spike like on the leftmost.

On a 13900K machine, this constantly uses around 5.6% of the CPU time, or almost 1 and a half core, at around 6 hours mark onward.

On a VM (Xeon w9-3495X with 1 CPU assigned; configure to throttle to ~0.5 core, or 800MHz~1.5GHz depending on boost condition) the number reads 60% constantly. Up from around ~5% after boot. This is after 6 hours.