• 27.04.2024, 19:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sonntag, 27. August 2023, 20:11

Around the X.50 days, they could. It was a selling feature they had on their website back then. It's a shame that it can't do that anymore; it was a really nice feature.
The Octo is not able to control DC fans. The latest Octo owner's manual was published in April 2020 which it says on the cover. The Octo manual does not say anything about being able to control DC fans. I have been using Aquasuite and an Octo since February 2021. The first version of Aquasuite I used was X.37. The Octo ports were PWM only then.
I got a few PWM fans to replace the voltage controlled ones, and now port 2 and port 4 don't report PWM speeds. They're the Arctic P12 fans. If I put my 3000rpm Noctua industrial fans and NHD15 stock fans on those ports, it reports it just fine. If I put the P12s on any other port, it reports it just fine. Port 6 has a P12 on it and it reports the RPM as normal. I can still control the fans just fine, though. It would just be nice to see the RPM number there.
There are some Noctua and EK fans that do not work properly with the Octo due to their (Noctua and EK) implementation of PWM not being standard. There is a thread about this HERE. There have been several posts on this forum about problems with Artic P12 fans. IIRC, there was a fix that involved adding a diode or resistor. I tried to find that thread but could not. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

Remayz

Montag, 28. August 2023, 11:02

i have 3 arctic P12 on one channel and they work just fine. neve had any issue with those.
My server has some P8 on a quadro, same deal, they work perfectly.
those PWM issues are very old and EK/noctua fixed them a long time ago. I am not aware Arctic had any kind of trouble.

Montag, 28. August 2023, 13:53

My older P12s don't have problems either, but newer ones apparently do.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 30. August 2023, 20:16

X73 so far OK, time will tell

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (30. August 2023, 20:25)

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 00:15

Yay, relative (Loop) is here - (observation)

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 01:42

Oh Goodie - an AQS update!

Well at least they added Relative Loop. I watched your video several times and agree that it should loop back to the minimum value once it hits the maximum value. Hopefully the Aquasuite programmer will see your video and agree. There is a possibility that there is a reason that it works the way it does now, but that reason eludes me. I will play around with it, Maybe you (and me) are missing something.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (31. August 2023, 01:48)

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 02:02

Oh Goodie - an AQS update!

Well at least they added Relative Loop. I watched your video several times and agree that it should loop back to the minimum value once it hits the maximum value. Hopefully the Aquasuite programmer will see your video and agree. There is a possibility that there is a reason that it works the way it does now, but that reason eludes me. I will play around with it, Maybe you (and me) are missing something.

No, it should loop back to the minimum value when it EXCEEDS the maximum value, not when it hits the maximum value

edit: the test would look something like
  • +step = current value + step value (button press)
  • IF +step > maximum, THEN minimum, ELSE +step

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (31. August 2023, 02:25)

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 02:38

Noticed an update to hardware monitoring, not sure if it was related to PSUs, but my AX1600i is still not captured. I closed HWiNFO so there would be no conflicts.

setup.jpg > quickview.jpg

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 03:10

Noticed an update to hardware monitoring, not sure if it was related to PSUs, but my AX1600i is still not captured. I closed HWiNFO so there would be no conflicts.

[attach]10427[/attach] > [attach]10428[/attach]
Did AQS used to be able to monitor the AX 1600i and stopped, or has it never done it? I know SIV can import data from the AX 1600i and I think HWINFO can. If it does, you can just import the data from HWINFO if you are using the Shared Memory Support feature. I import everything from HWINFO and disabled all hardware monitoring in AQS.

I recently looked at Corsair PSUs. There are still a few that have USB ports, but not many, and they are older models. I think the AX 1600i is the only one rated for over 1KW that has a USB port. IMHO the AX 1600i is one of the best PSUs Corsair ever sold, but I am kind of surprised they are still in production. I forget who the OEM is – do you know?

I guess PSU stats reporting is not a high-demand feature, which confuses me. The PSU is a CRITICAL component of a computer. To me, monitoring the PSU is a must-have feature. Most brands don't have any kind of monitoring, which really limits the choices.I took a chance and bought a Thermaltake iRGB Plus 805W PSU last time around, solely because it has a USB port on it. Thermaltake’s software is atrocious but SIV and HWINFO can both monitor it. I would normally not pick Thermaltake for a PSU, but it works fine.

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 03:14

No, it should loop back to the minimum value when it EXCEEDS the maximum value, not when it hits the maximum value
edit: the test would look something like
  • +step = current value + step value (button press)
  • IF +step > maximum, THEN minimum, ELSE +step
Yes you are right, and that is what I meant. I just phrased it poorly.

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 05:45

[attach]10427[/attach] > [attach]10428[/attach]
Did AQS used to be able to monitor the AX 1600i and stopped, or has it never done it? I know SIV can import data from the AX 1600i and I think HWINFO can. If it does, you can just import the data from HWINFO if you are using the Shared Memory Support feature. I import everything from HWINFO and disabled all hardware monitoring in AQS.

I recently looked at Corsair PSUs. There are still a few that have USB ports, but not many, and they are older models. I think the AX 1600i is the only one rated for over 1KW that has a USB port. IMHO the AX 1600i is one of the best PSUs Corsair ever sold, but I am kind of surprised they are still in production. I forget who the OEM is – do you know?

I guess PSU stats reporting is not a high-demand feature, which confuses me. The PSU is a CRITICAL component of a computer. To me, monitoring the PSU is a must-have feature. Most brands don't have any kind of monitoring, which really limits the choices.I took a chance and bought a Thermaltake iRGB Plus 805W PSU last time around, solely because it has a USB port on it. Thermaltake’s software is atrocious but SIV and HWINFO can both monitor it. I would normally not pick Thermaltake for a PSU, but it works fine.

The devs recently added PSU monitoring, I'm just giving feedback Previous discussion

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 07:25

The function works as designed. You have a few edge cases.

1. when you add a positive value you you can never reach the minimum value
2. when you add a positive value you you can never reach the maximum value
3. when you add values that bigger as the total range

Wen you need a range from 0..1, you have to extend your numeric range to -1.. 1
You can toggle with the Button (+1) between 0..1

The reason is simple:
Range: 0..1
current value: 1
when you add +1 to 1 the internal result = +2; (delta +1) to maximum value, the new value is minimum (0) + (delta to maximum) --> 1

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 12:57

The function works as designed. You have a few edge cases.

1. when you add a positive value you you can never reach the minimum value
2. when you add a positive value you you can never reach the maximum value
3. when you add values that bigger as the total range

Wen you need a range from 0..1, you have to extend your numeric range to -1.. 1
You can toggle with the Button (+1) between 0..1

The reason is simple:
Range: 0..1
current value: 1
when you add +1 to 1 the internal result = +2; (delta +1) to maximum value, the new value is minimum (0) + (delta to maximum) --> 1

I tried the -1.. 1 on/off suggestion, but i could not get it to work (on_off.mk4)

As I am not familiar with C, please do not shoot me for the following logic, but I believe it would keep the value between min/max while allowing full range therein:

new_value = current_value + step_value;

// test new_value > maximum
if (new_value > maximum)
{
new_value = minimum
}

//test new_value for < minimum
if (new_value < minimum)
{
new_value = maximum
}

//new value within limits
current_value = new_value

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 14:31

I tried the -1.. 1 on/off suggestion, but i could not get it to work
maybe the value is not exact 0 or 1 during your experiments. add a button or numeric input to reset your value.

Donnerstag, 31. August 2023, 21:40

I tried the -1.. 1 on/off suggestion, but i could not get it to work
maybe the value is not exact 0 or 1 during your experiments. add a button or numeric input to reset your value.

Adding in a 'Reset' allows the 0/1 option to function, but step values other than '1' present issues vid

we can add logic to ensure the input_value always hits maximum, plus an increase once at maximum, resets the input value to minimum
This would ensure the step value always functions as specified
Similar code would need to be put in place for a negative step value

One possible logic flow:

new_value = current_value + step_value;

   if (new_value > maximum)
   {
      if (current_value < maximum)
      {
      new_value = maximum
      }
   new_value = minimum
   }

   if (new_value < minimum)
   {
      if (current_value > minimum)
      {
      new_value = minimum
      }
   new_value = maximum
   }

current_value = new_value

Freitag, 1. September 2023, 07:16

we can add logic to ensure the input_value always hits maximum
delete your input and create a new one,..
Adding in a 'Reset' allows the 0/1 option to function, but step values other than '1' present issue
No

in the next aquasuite version we implement a explicit rounding to prevent the this kinde of issues. It looks like your values have are internal not exact 0 or 1, -> 0.00000001 or 1.000000001.

Freitag, 1. September 2023, 13:11

we can add logic to ensure the input_value always hits maximum
delete your input and create a new one,..
I delete my test inputs every time I am finished with it, and create a new one when needed.

Zitat

Adding in a 'Reset' allows the 0/1 option to function, but step values other than '1' present issue
No
Currently the step value continuous beyond the maximum value
  • min/max = 0/10
  • step value = 3
  • result starts at 0 then steps are 3, 6, 9, 2, 5, 8, 1, 4, 7...
The step value should restart at minimum whenever it loops
EDIT: and the step value should restart at maximum when it loops with a negative step value

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (1. September 2023, 22:46)

Freitag, 1. September 2023, 16:04

I watched your last video and replicated your test setup. I agree that the step value should restart at the minimum value whenever it loops. Setting the maximum value to 100 and the button step value to 25 clearly shows the problem with how it works now.

Samstag, 2. September 2023, 03:56

I watched your last video and replicated your test setup. I agree that the step value should restart at the minimum value whenever it loops. Setting the maximum value to 100 and the button step value to 25 clearly shows the problem with how it works now.
Currently I see two issues with the loop option:
  • Having to use a value 1 less than the desired minimum value
    yields the problem you highlight with step value being an exact multiple of maximum
  • the step value not being an exact multiple of maximum changing the step rotation
With a min/max of 0/10, a start value of 0, & a step value of +3, the sequence should be 0, 3 ,6, 9, 10, 0, 3, 6...
With a min/max of 0/10, a start value of 10, & a step value of -3, the sequence should be 10, 7, 4, 1, 0, 10. 7, 4...
minimum and maximum should always be attainable, with a reset to min/max depending on the step value (-/+)

That is what I tried to show in my last flow chart, but as I do not know C++ syntax, I am probably showing gibberish

Samstag, 2. September 2023, 06:21

I believe this flowchart allows max/min to be hit in both +/- stepping, and will keep steps consistent as specified (loop_flow.pdf)