• 28.04.2024, 00:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaduct 360XT - Sufficient cooling?

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 03:11

One last question before I decide if I'm going to go with the 360 XT.

I'm planning on building a system around a 680i Black Pearl motherboard (factory installed Innovatek waterblocks), and an 8800 Ultra/768MB Black Pearl video card (also with a built-in waterblock).

The processor will be a Q6600.

Will the Aquaduct 360XT handle this massive loop? With the motherboard, just about everything has a block on it- southbridge, northbridge, VRM's, and CPU. Throw in the 8800 Ultra, and that's a fair whack of heat to dissipate.

I'm still looking to keep the system reasonably quiet when it's idling. I don't care if it's revving up under load, but I should hope the Aquaduct wouldn't sit there at 100% all the time (if it can't handle the load).

So, will it work? Or am I maxing it out?

-SC

Re: Aquaduct 360XT - Sufficient cooling?

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 11:28

I'd even say an Aquaduct 240 might do it - but the AD360 will be fine.

btw: the AD 240 handles 500W, the AD360 handles 700W.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

divve

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 20:10

Provided you don't expect a higher range (+25%) CPU overclock it should meet the expectations you've stated.

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 01:24

Aha. That's what I was looking for- the maximum dissipation (watts). I'm surprised Aqua Computer doesn't have that anywhere on the product page.

I'm actually going with a dual Opteron (125W/piece) setup, and two 8800GTS's, which is still far under 700W. Gonna be one heck of a system...

Thanks!
-SC

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 09:06

Zitat von »ScottishCaptain«

Aha. That's what I was looking for- the maximum dissipation (watts). I'm surprised Aqua Computer doesn't have that anywhere on the product page.

I got that Information from the - Aquaduct-Flyer unfortunately german only.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.