• 26.04.2024, 21:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Tanquen

Aquabus X4 - 2 of 4 ports blocked and no heatsink spacers.

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 04:57

I got an Aquabus X4 today and am a little disappointed.

Mostly the fact that I can only use 2 of the 4 ports as the treaded sleeves for
the 5-1/4” mounting screws of the A6 block them. The old pic on the included
manual shows much shorter threaded sleeve or nuts on the bracket. If they
swapped the chips and the ports then all the ports would be accessible. Even
with the shorter threaded sleeve you will need to find some short screws.

They also do not include spacers for use with the A6 heatsink.
Anyone know the correct number and size of washers that with give the correct spacing?
Maybe I can cut down the included spacers if I can get the
correct height needed.

Image2.jpg

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 07:43

Yes, that was one of the few poorly designed devices by aquacomputer. They should have placed the electronic components below the mounting rivets and the ports to the inside.

Your simplest solution may be to mount the aquabus X4 off the aquaero, using an aquabus cable.

A thread regarding the issue can be read HERE.

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 09:20

with the new side plates with short threads this is no issue.
Contract the support via mail.

Tanquen

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 16:22

with the new side plates with short threads this is no issue.
Contract the support via mail.
"new side plates" on the A6? I just got it direct a month or two ago. The manual that shows the short ones with the X4 is dated 2018.

Tanquen

Samstag, 7. November 2020, 17:27

No reply from support.

I did have a thought about the spacers. Can you use the shorter ones that came with the A6 that were removed when installing the heatsink?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tanquen« (12. November 2020, 04:27)

Tanquen

Samstag, 7. November 2020, 18:26

No reply from support.

I did have a though about the spacers. Can you use the shorter ones that came with the A6 that were removed when installing the heatsink?
The old A6 spacers worked. I connected the temp sensor while it was apart to permanently :( connect something to one of the blocked ports. For Flipn' Hells sake, guess what is on the other side of the 5-¼” A6 bracket or side plate? The shorter threaded sleeve or nuts! Lame I tell you, lame! I thought about taking everything apart to swap the plate to the other side but they don’t look symmetrical, like it would move the mounting holes.

Samstag, 7. November 2020, 18:41

No reply from support.
You have to wait a few days.

Tanquen

Donnerstag, 12. November 2020, 04:27

They are sending a bracket. :)