• 10.05.2024, 07:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Asryan

low pass filter?

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 07:51

Hi,

I really have trouble to understand the low pass filter and what's damping means.

I have set up some virtual sensors for
CPU
GPU

and an average of the two for front fans and exhaust back fans

i've set the average of 20s for X=avg (t)
and i was tole to put timespan of 20s and dampng of 25 for low pass filter but i don't understand really what that means.

if someone can help !

Also i've noticed that at startup my cpu temps is around 30c but the avg is way higer for 30s and the result of my virtual sensor is 100c so the fans are at 100% for nothing and i don't understand why. How can i fix that?

Thanks again

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 07:55

make few screenshots from your settings. Take a look at fallback values from your data sources.
Wait a few minutes.

RE: low pass filter?

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 09:15

Also i've noticed that at startup my cpu temps is around 30c but the avg is way higer for 30s and the result of my virtual sensor is 100c so the fans are at 100% for nothing and i don't understand why. How can i fix that?

At startup the values of CPU/GPU temps are not being read yet, and a "Fallback value" is used until the actual reading begins.
Default is 100 (probably), just change the fallback values to your typical startup CPU/GPU temp respectively to get correct approximations.

Asryan

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 13:00

thanks,

here's some screen of my settings :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1…UmO?usp=sharing

for the fallback i'm at 70% but i was talking about the virtual sensors being at 100c while the cpu is only at 30c i don't understand why it does this calcul :)

thanks again

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 13:34

1. you can use for pictures the upload funtion from this forum,

2. you have 2 filters, an average and a low pass, wenn both in series your filter is slower.

Your values (inputs and outputs) are valid, you have to play with the values/settings. Every system is different.

Asryan

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 13:40

Aaah i thought i needed to put both, should i just use the average?

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 14:02

Depends on what you are trying to get out of your virtual sensors.
Looks like you're going to control your cpu fan depending on reported cpu temp, but want to smooth the temp output to make fan speed changing more smoothly.
In that case, use Average(t) as second, not first filter in a chain. Low pass is better for smoothing small fast fluctuations. Leave lp(t) settings as it is, but experiment with timespan in Average(t) to make its output more reliable without short spikes in your real usage scenario.

Asryan

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 14:04

I should put low pass then average is it what you are saying?

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 14:08

Use only the low pass filter OR the avergae filter. Not both together in one signal path.

Asryan

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 14:27

Oh ok i've put average then thanks :)

Also i've set up a custom one on which i do an average of CPU and GPu for intake and exhaust, do you think that's a good idea?

I've also a question about those fallback settings, it's not clear for me

Capture d’écran 2020-12-09 144012.jpg

thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Asryan« (9. Dezember 2020, 14:44)

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 15:26

What is actually unclear with them?

Read on your screenshot: If data source is not available, a value set as "fallback value" is used. The problem is that you start a PC, windows boot up and fans start running at 100%, making noise.

To avoid this, you need to set both your CPU and GPU data sources fallback values to the typical startup values. E.g. you start up your PC and typical startup CPU temp is 35C. Then set CPU data source fallback value to 35.
On your screenshot, fallback value for GPU is set to 75. I doubt you have such high gpu temp at startup.

Fallback time is the time fallback value will be transmitted to data source at startup or after the data source become unavailable (e.g. you uninstall the GPU driver and its temp monitoring becomes unavailable).

Asryan

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 15:31

Oh ok thanks,

For fallback time it correspond to the time of what exactly?

And if the sensors are not working, it will use the fallback power set up in fans right?

And what about test data output?

Will it be good like this? thanks again

Capture d’écran 2020-12-09 153052.jpg

Capture d’écran 2020-12-09 153110.jpg

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 19:50

Fallback power under the Fan setup tab is used while data source (selected to drive current Fan's controller) is unavailable. E.g. you selected GPU temp or some virtual sensor created in Playground. But reading of GPU temp and Playground sensors are processed by Aquacomputer service, which is not running outside of Windows. So until Windows is start up or shutting down, this Fallback power will be used.

Test output value is for testing purposes when complex virtual sensors with many switches and dependencies are being created, outputting a set test value will help testing is output behave correctly with current scenario, or it needs adjustments.

Will it be good or not, you find for yourself.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (9. Dezember 2020, 20:02)