• 27.04.2024, 08:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Octo limitation?

Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2020, 02:56

Hey folks, long time AquaComputer admirer, never actually got any product though.

I've got a bunch of EKWB stuff on order for an open loop, and I would like to use the Aquasuite software along with some other AC products to manage said loop(temp sensor, flow meter). No GPU block yet, maybe that will be AC as well.

Flow sensor seems straight forward, a High Flow2 or High Flow NEXT will be acquired somehow, somewhere. I like the idea of a flow and temp sensor in one package.
My question is more about connecting it all... and maybe RGB.

I have a trio of https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-split…an-pwm-extended on the way, one for each of the three(360mm) radiator locations. 9 fans.
With the OCTO, I think this can handle everything so far, right?... sure seems like it. lots of fan headers, temp sensor headers, and a flow header.
Doing this, i would basically have 3 fan channels in Aquasuite, one for each radiator i assume? ... and one lone case fan i guess for a 4th channel.

Regarding RGB, I am relatively new to RGB in computers. Apologies, i feel this must have been asked dozens of times.

If i were to use something like a Phanteks halo digital, am i reading this right that they have 30 LED's each fan? Would only be able to use 6 Halos per OCTO (180 total)?
if you have more RGB LEDs than this, do you just daisy chain a second OCTO?

cheers!

Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2020, 13:02

With the OCTO, I think this can handle everything so far, right?
Correct. No Problem for an Octo.

am i reading this right that they have 30 LED's each fan?
Yes, the Phanteks Halos have 30 LEDs each.
You can buy a Farbwerk 360 to control 4*90=360 LEDs. That would be a better choice than a second Octo.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (17. Dezember 2020, 13:09)

Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2020, 19:36

Ah ok, thank you. I hadn't thought of a dedicated RGB controller.

Freitag, 18. Dezember 2020, 17:59

It seems I can get a Quadro a lot easier than an octo. Is there any reason to get an octo and farbwerk vs a Quadro and farbwerk? Seems like a Quadro can do everything an octo can, just one less RGBpx header and less fan headers... Which doesn't really matter in my case.

Am I missing something?

Freitag, 18. Dezember 2020, 19:20

It seems I can get a Quadro a lot easier than an octo. Is there any reason to get an octo and farbwerk vs a Quadro and farbwerk? Seems like a Quadro can do everything an octo can, just one less RGBpx header and less fan headers... Which doesn't really matter in my case.

Am I missing something?

Aside from the 'more' factor (fan channels, aRGBs) the OCTO enjoys over the QUADRO, the OCTO also has a Signal Port.

Shoggy quote from introductory post:

Zitat

On a surface smaller than a credit card (76x48mm) the OCTO offers eight fan channels, two RGBpx channels for LEDs and in addition to the QUADRO a new signal connector. The LED channels have been expanded from 64 to 90 LEDs per channel. It is also possible to connect a flow sensor and four temperature sensors. In total, up to 19 cables can be connected in the maximum configuration!

What does the 'Signal Port' do?
From the manual:

Zitat

5.9. Connector “signal”

The signal output can be connected to the power switch header of the mother-board using an additional specialized cable (53216, not included in delivery).
Pin assignment:
  • Pin 1: open drain max 3.3 V / 5 mA
  • Pin 2: do not connect!
  • Pin 3: open drain max 3.3 V / 5 mA

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (18. Dezember 2020, 19:23)

Freitag, 18. Dezember 2020, 23:39

Ah I definitely missed that port! It is a nice feature, for safety measures.

Thanks!