• 28.04.2024, 19:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Advice please

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 18:21

Hi All,

My first post so be kind!

I’m building a new gaming computer, the first one for along time and am dealing with 2 big unknowns to me - water cooling and aRGB lighting.

I don’t have the water cooling planned but suspect it’ll be an ewkb system with cpu and gpu waterblocks and a distro plate.

I’ve ordered 9 x alpenföhn wing boost 3 120 fans, and will likely use between 7 - 10 of them (obviously will need to buy 1 more!). My case also has an aRGB strip.

I have zero experience with either water cooling or aRGB.

I’d like to control each fans aRGB independently (I think!) and have no idea what I’ll need for the water cooling side of things.

So basically my question is, what should I buy to control this all?

I’ve looked at the octo fan controller and some farbwerk bits but then get confused :D

Thanks in advance! Mike

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 12:08

Looking at what's available, I'm thinking 1 x Octo and 2 x Farbwerk 360.

Does that sound right? Seems like quite a lot, but I can't see any other way to be able to control each fan independently than putting them on their own channel.

Will the Octo be enough to control any watercooling system? I guess I'd probably have at most a flow meter and a few thermometers? I could group the fans together so should have plenty on there.

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 12:16

Why do you need each fan on it's own channel? The norm is to link rad fans into a group as you want them all at the same speed.

EDIT: Sry just seen the last sentence you wrote, you threw me with the 2nd line :rolleyes:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bartdude« (21. Dezember 2020, 12:30)

"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 13:24

Yes sorry, I'm mainly thinking about the aRGB aspect of it. I'm not sure whether I'll even want to be able to control each fan's RGB individually, but I think I'd like the option.

The more I've looked into it, I'm more confident of this approach. May just do it and see what happens :)