• 27.04.2024, 21:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Global Profile Auto Switching Question

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 04:49

I have a question about the new (since X.45) profiles and auto profile switching rules. I made a Global Profile #5 which loads Octo profile 3. Then I made a Rule that compares a DIMM temp and is True if it's over 40.00C (at least that is what I think the rule does). I picked 40.00 because my DIMM temp is ~42.8°C which is over 40 so the Rule should be True.

Before I turn on "Switch profiles automatically" default Global Profile #4 is loaded. When I turn on "Switch profiles automatically" it seems to me that since the DIMM temp is over 40.00°C, the Rule should be True so the Global Profile should switch to Global Profile #5 which loads Octo profile 3. Also the icon for Global Profile #5 should turn green, indicating that the Rule is True. None of this happens. Nothing happens. The profile rule icon does not turn green and the Global Profile does not switch to #5.

I then tried a time based Rule that says switch to Global Profile #5 between 10:30pm and 12:00am. I assume AQS compares the time reported by Windows. I did this between the times I selected so again, the Rule should be True. The same thing happens - Nothing. What am I doing wrong? My Rules should both be True but it appears that they are not. If I manually select Global Profile #5, it works fine. Here is a SCREEN SHOT showing the setup. Any help is appreciated.

Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2022, 10:49

You might want to make a screenshot of all your rules so we can see what you're doing exactly.
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

Operator Confusion Strikes Again

Freitag, 4. Februar 2022, 00:36

I figured it out. Operator Confusion.

When AQS X.45 was released, I added a Global Preset Select button in the Inputs section, that counts up from 0 to 4. Then I made 4 Outputs that each compare the Input to a number (1, 2, 3, or 4). If the Input value matches the number, it triggers that number Global Preset. There is another Input that resets the first value to 0. All it does it allow Global Preset selection from the task bar which I can already do with the old Global Preset selection icon that is already in the task bar. I was just playing around with the new features.

Anyway, this was forcing the Global Preset and overriding the Rules I was making. You can actually see this happening in the screen shot I posted in my OP. The top rule that is highlighted Green even says "Profile switch by output". It just took a little while for me to realize what was happening. These new features are wonderful but you do have to be careful that you don't have things interacting that you did not intend. Always learning!

Freitag, 4. Februar 2022, 07:05

I had missed that you had already posted a screen shot in your original posting. Sorry for that!
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-