• 26.04.2024, 10:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Quadro software sensors stop responding

Freitag, 4. Februar 2022, 22:35

I am running a Quadro with a few software sensors using HWiNFO 64. After a few hours, the software sensors stop working and if I look in the Aquasuite software, it says "Sensor 3 ----". I have Shared memory support enabled on HWiNFO, and the USB selective suspend setting in the Power Options is disabled. Everything was working fine until this past week, but I can't track down any specific changes that have caused this to stop the software sensors from being read by Aquasuite. I can restart both HWiNFO and Aquasuite but this does not get the sensor to be recognized again inside Aquasuite. The only way to get everything working is a full restart. I am also running Rainmeter gauges, and it works just fine with HWiNFO, so I know the sensors are working. I am running the latest version of Aquasuite and HWiNFO. I can select a sensor from either the Aqua Computer Hardware Monitor, or from HWiNFO, and once the sensors stop working, I cannot add a new functioning sensor without a restart.

Is there a fix for this or anything else I can try to isolate the cause of the sensor dropping out?

Samstag, 5. Februar 2022, 17:31

I'm having something similar happen, but it's with AIDA64. Soft Sensor values in Aquasuite are "---", but in AIDA64 at the same moment they have correct values. Tried stopping and restarting Aquasuite service, but that didn't change anything. Only a reboot will bring them back.

Samstag, 5. Februar 2022, 18:47

I keep having 1 or sometimes 2 sensor data values imported from HWINFO just stop working in my Overview pages. This only happens occasionally. Things like GPU temp, CPU temp, DIMM temps - the specific sensors that stop working seem to be random. To fix this I have to unlock the Overview page, right click on the item, then reselect the data source. The data source is available in the data source selection list so AQS is "seeing" the sensor data. It seems like the "connection" of the sensor data to the item in the Overview page is lost. Reselecting the sensor item fixes it every time. The author of HWINFO gave me a Shared Memory Viewer that confirms that the sensor data is still there but the Overview page item will not display the value until I reselect the data source.

OP did not specify if he is not seeing ALL of the sensor data or just specific ones. If it's all of them it may be a different problem. If it's just 1 or 2, and not always the same ones, it may be the same thing I am seeing. I have never noticed that I can't add a new sensor when this happens but that may be because I have never tired that. The next time it happens, I will. I will also try doing a full restart and see if that fixes it. I don't know exactly how the Shared Memory import is being done but in my case it seems like AQS occasionally looses or forgets the "connection" between an imported sensor value and an item in an Overview page.

Sonntag, 6. Februar 2022, 04:31

In my case all the "Soft Sensors" stop working.

C47

Sonntag, 6. Februar 2022, 11:37

If I keep aquasuite (the main window running) the values go to --- faster.
If the software isnt actively running, it goes to --- over a day or two.
Happening to some but not all soft sensors (Leakshield and High Flow Next - Octo some are gone some stay)
Restarting PC fixes it.

Sonntag, 6. Februar 2022, 15:48

I have fount that if I disable HWiNFO on startup, the problem goes away, so it's definitely a conflict between HWiNFO and Aquasuite. I can still run some of the sensors inside Aquasuite, but any time I load HWiNFO, after about 4 hours or so, the software gauges inside Aquasutie stop functioning, and I have to reboot to fix it. It's not been an issue until just this past week.

Sonntag, 6. Februar 2022, 17:36

I have fount that if I disable HWiNFO on startup, the problem goes away, so it's definitely a conflict between HWiNFO and Aquasuite. I can still run some of the sensors inside Aquasuite, but any time I load HWiNFO, after about 4 hours or so, the software gauges inside Aquasutie stop functioning, and I have to reboot to fix it. It's not been an issue until just this past week.
Have you recently updated HWINFO or Aquasuite (AQS)? What versions are you currently running?

Also, just to confirm, are you aware that the free version of HWINFO will disable Shared Memory Support after 12 hours? The author of HWINFO made this change a few months ago because people were using the free version in commercial applications. Now you have to buy a HWINFO Pro license if you want Shared Memory Support to stay enabled for more than 12 hours. Since you are seeing it stop working after ~4 hours this may not be your problem, but it's worth mentioning. You said a reboot fixes it. Have you tried just closing and reopening HWINFO? Doing so resets the 12 hour countdown to disabling Shared Memory Support in the free version of HWINFO.

If this is not your problem then maybe try delaying the start of AQS by 5 to 10 seconds. I have a task that auto starts HWINFO with Windows. AQS is also started automatically but I had to delay it's start to get reliable operation. Adding the start delay to AQS helped but I still occasionally find that 1 or 2 sensors stop working which I fix by reselecting the data source. The fact that the data source is available for selection tells me that the HWINFO Shared Memory Support is working but the connection of that data source to the gauge in AQS has been lost, so the problem is in AQS.

All of these posts indicate that something is getting screwed up in the AQS sensor data import from HWINFO (and apparently AIDA64). The ability to reliably import sensor data is critical to a lot of AQS's capabilities. I hope the AQS devs will read the posts in this thread and investigate these issues.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (6. Februar 2022, 17:37)

Sonntag, 6. Februar 2022, 19:42

Note this is happening to me too and I have registered versions on HWiNFO64 and AIDA64.

Note I did set an alert in Aquasuite to detect when the data connection is lost and it just happened. I check the Event Viewer and found:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {90CA5189-999A-4634-8DA4-F7DD871E684A}. The error:
"2147943140"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\aquasuite\aquasuite.exe" -Embedding

Note the system has been up about 14 hours and 46 minutes.

C47

Sonntag, 6. Februar 2022, 23:37

Using paid version of hwinfo32 too 7.16-4650

Montag, 7. Februar 2022, 00:48

Note this is happening to me too and I have registered versions on HWiNFO64 and AIDA64.

Note I did set an alert in Aquasuite to detect when the data connection is lost and it just happened. I check the Event Viewer and found:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {90CA5189-999A-4634-8DA4-F7DD871E684A}. The error:
"2147943140"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\aquasuite\aquasuite.exe" -Embedding

Note the system has been up about 14 hours and 46 minutes.
This is really interesting. I never thought to check the Event Viewer for something related to AQS losing a data sensor connection. In my case, the data sensor connection is not there when AQS auto-starts (after 5-sec delay) and will not work until I reselect the data source. I have not seen one stop working while AQS is running, so it may be a different issue. The next time it happens I will check the event viewer before and after I reselect the sensor.

C47 said that his connections stop working faster when AQS is running and are much less frequent when it is not running. I was starting to think this is a sleep state issue but now I am thinking maybe it's a permissions issue based on the error you saw being a DCOM Server error. Those are usually caused by a permissions problem.

Dienstag, 8. Februar 2022, 19:36

To update this thread, I am running the most up-to-date versions of both HWiNFO and Aquasuite, and I am running the paid version of HWiNFO. The only way I have been able to get around this issue is to disable HWiNFO and run the Aquasuite sensors only. I lose the Rainmeter gauges I am running that require HWiNFO but at this point it's either that, or have to constantly restart to get my fan control back in Aquasuite.

Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2022, 07:58

I went through a methodology of uninstalling possible problematic software (related to running services) until it seemed like I solved the issue.

For me it looked like the conflict was with Vorpx.
I cannot remember when, but the Playground Input I had created showed up on the farbwerk devices, but not the D5 or Leakshield.

Uninstalling Vorpx solved all.

Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2022, 18:31

Scratch that.
It didn't end up working, it still cannot communicate between inputs of devices.
A reinstall and reboot works sometimes, but not always.
Was there a specific thing set up in Event Viewer to catch any of these?

Freitag, 11. Februar 2022, 12:25

Samstag, 12. Februar 2022, 12:50

The latest Aquasuite update seems to have resolved this issue. Fingers crossed that this works long term.