• 27.04.2024, 23:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Quadro/Octo Included Temperature Sensor

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 22:22

Hi,

I just got my Octo and I was wondering what the best use is for the included temperature sensor. I was thinking to use it for ambient temperature monitoring but not sure if that is even useful.

How have others of you used yours?

Thanks in advance for information and/or ideas! :D

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 22:42

Congratulations on a great and useful purchase.

Monitoring ambient can be very useful, particularly if you are water cooling your rig.
Case temperature is also useful.
Can't have too much knowledge of your PC's environment.

Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2022, 02:20

Congratulations on a great and useful purchase.

Monitoring ambient can be very useful, particularly if you are water cooling your rig.
Case temperature is also useful.
Can't have too much knowledge of your PC's environment.
Thanks for the suggestions! I should have been more clear that I do have a full custom loop in my PC.

I think I'll go for ambient so I can keep an eye on how well I am cooling my fluid. Now I just need to find the best way to sneak the sensor out of my case (Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL) But that can wait until I'm installing everything and doing some slight maintenance to my loop setup. Still waiting on being able to find an Aquacomputer flow sensor. They are sold out everywhere here in the USA with the exception of a couple of scalpers on eBay trying to sell the High Flow next for nearly $300 US! :cursing:

Remayz

Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2022, 10:25

close to the feet, in the PSU chamber, there's openings where you can pass the thermistor to hang off the case ;)

A common use case for this thermistor is to control the fan depending on the delta between ambient and water temperature (water temp - ambient temp).

That's basically the temperature that defines how efficient your radiators are. the higher that temp, the better they dissipate heat.

If you control your fans purely from water temp, you l'll have them run fast in summer because water is warmer... but the ambient temp is warm too, so they dissipate peanuts.
Controlled by water - ambient temp, the fans will only speed up if the computer is actively being stressed, and the fan curve is basically auto-adjusting all year long. Set and forget :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (24. Februar 2022, 10:27)