• 20.06.2024, 00:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New to Aquacomputer components, need help assembling a diagram of where things connect to

Samstag, 26. Februar 2022, 02:29

Hi, I've recently acquired some Aquacomputer parts and would like to use them in a build but as this is my first time with Aquacomputer bits, I don't know what some of these things are and where they connect to and would like some assistance so I don't fry something

I've attached a picture of all the parts, It does have all the right cables

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 01:06

That's an interesting pile of Aquacomputer products you have there, I will take a crack at explaining what each one is and what it does but you can also look all of them up on the Aquacomputer site. It may be easier if I had an idea of what you want to do. At a glance, it looks like these came from a dual cooling loop system. Each pump would have driven one cooling loop. The pumps were controlled by the Poweradjust 3's which were controlled by the Aquaero. The system must have had a lot of PWM fans (up to 36), grouped together by the Splitty9's. There was a flow sensor in each loop (very good to have), and probably some temp sensors. The Farbwerk drove the older style 12VDC common anode LEDs. The Hubby7 is just an internal USB2.0 hub that was probably added because the mobo did not have enough USB2.0 headers to connect all of this.

Aquacomputer products are considered THE BEST there is for custom cooling loops. These are advanced products, especially the Aquaero 6 Pro. You REALLY need to do your homework before attempting to connect and use these devices. Download and read the owner's manuals, and then read them again. Use this forum to ask questions. People here are generally happy to help.

Here is a brief description of what you have.

MSI Z590 Godlike - Z590 motherboard. Not an Aquacomputer product. Its a top of the line board but its last gen.

Aquaero 6 Pro - Top of the line fan controller. This is a quite complex device with a lot of capabilities. There are a bunch of variants of the Aquaero and the one you have is the top of the line. It's basically a 4-port fan controller. It connects to the system via USB but also has a proprietary serial bus called Aquabus. This serial bus can be used to connect to some other Aquacomputer devices. It also has 8 temp sensor inputs, 2 flow sensor inputs, a relay output, 2 PWM outputs (not for fans or pumps) and an RGB LED output (NOT 5vdc ARGB). I recommend downloading and reading the manual for this controller at least twice before you attempt to connect anything to it.

Hubby7 - USB2.0 internal hub - SATA or USB powered.

D5 - Pump. The D5 is an industry standard pump and these are very high quality D5 pumps. Aquacomputer has offered different variants over the years. Yours have Aquabus connectors on them so you can connect them to your Aquaero 6 Pro. Having 2 pumps in the same loop requires careful consideration and is the exception rather than the rule. Its most often seen in dual loop systems (one loop for CPU, one loop for GPU).

Splitty9 - These are splitters that can connect up to 9 PWM fans. They can also be used with 3-in DC fans or as an Aquabus splitter. Its a passive device (no brains inside).

Farbwerk - This is an RGB LED controller, but its for 12VDC Common Anode LEDs, NOT for 5vdc ARGB LEDs which are far more common these days. The Farbwerk360 in an ARGB LED controller (Aquacomputer calls their ARGB LEDs RGBpx). For the Farbwerk, there is a USB version and a USB + Bluetooth version. I can't tell from your pic which one you have. They have 4 RGB ports. I'm not sure how many LEDs each port can drive. The Farbwerk360 has 4 ports that can each drive 90 ARGB LEDs. If you are going to use these Farbwerks, MAKE SURE you get compatible LEDs.

Poweradjust 3 - These are single channel fan/pump controllers with high wattage outputs. Yours have the optional red heat sink which allows them to output more power (36 watts). There is a standard version and an ultra version. The ultra version allows a temp sensor input to be used as a control source. These were probably powering the D5 pumps.

High Flow 2 - These are very accurate flow sensors. They go in a cooling loop are report flow rate to the Aquaero and Aquasuite.

Aqualis - I don't see this in your picture. The Aqualis is a reservoir for coolant. There are many versions of different sizes. There are also a lot of add on parts like mounting brackets, tops, fill level sensors, etc.

Cables - It's good that you have all of the cables. Aquacomputer devices require a lot of specific cables and it is essential that you use the correct ones. Make very sure you are using the right cables when you start connecting things.

You have the makings of a very nice duel loop cooling system. Some of these devices are a bit dated in that newer versions that rely more on USB and less on Aquabus are now available. The newer pumps and flow sensors also have ARGB LEDs built into them (of course). That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with these products. They are all extremely high quality parts.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.