• 08.05.2024, 03:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield not powering on

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 13:30

Hi everyone ,

i've managed to fill up my system manually as i couldn't get the Leakshield to start at all . Not sure what i've done wrong , the 5 micropin is in it's slot and the other usb header into the usb 2.0 , tried the 3.0's but in vain . Could anyone assist me on Discord or something please.

Also , i can't pull out the hose from the fillport :cursing:

best regards ,

Alex

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 18:28

Sounds like your Leakshield is not getting power. Is your USB cable a 5-pin header connector on both ends or a 5-pin header connector on the Leakshield end and a regular USB2.0 type A inline connector on the other end? I ask this because you mentioned trying to plug it into a USB3.0 port, which do not have 5-pin headers.

Have you double checked that the 5-pin header connector is plugged into the Leakshield with the proper polarity? There is no keying to prevent plugging in the 5-pin USB header backwards and it is an easy mistake to make. If the USB cable has 5-pin header connectors on both ends, then you need to double check that the polarity is correct on both ends. If either end is reversed you will not get any power to the Leakshield.

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 03:43

Hi Speedy ,

i've first plugged them on a Silverstone remote pc switch which has 5 pin headers available , tried directly to the mobo and on those usb 3.0 ports for some reason .

The polarity is corect , it's a 5pin to 5pin ( https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3587 )

- so i think no usb 2.0 type A , just what they supplied to my package . When i purchased the res , pump and leakshield combo i didn't think i'd need such a cable , haven't seen anything like that on their website .

On the pump , i have sata power connected then rgpx (4pin i think ) on it's left side and right side a 5to5 which goes into the usb 2.0 header .

I've noticed there's a 3 pin next to the 5pin in the Leakshield what's is it for ?

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 05:33

OK it sounds like you have confirmed that you now have the 5-pin USB2.0 connector on the cable that came with the Leakshield (AQ-53215) plugged into a mobo USB2.0 header, and you have confirmed that its plugged in with the correct polarity. It's still not clear to me what a USB3.0 port has to do with this. A USB3.0 header uses a different connector and I don't think the AQ-53215 cable could even plug into a USB3.0 header. I have never tried to plug a USB2.0 5-pin connector into a USB3.0 header before. Maybe it does fit but I don't know if the pinout is the same and I would not recommend trying it. It should only go to one row of a standard 2-row 9-pin USB2.0 header on the mobo.

I think the 3-pin connector you asked about is the "Signal" connector. Aquacomputer makes the AQ-53216 cable. One end of this cable plugs into the Signal 3-pin port on the Leakshield. The other end plugs into the case power switch header on the motherboard. The wires from the case power switch that were on that header then "piggy back" on the Signal cable. In AQS you can set an alarm that if triggered will put a momentary short across 2 of the 3 pins. It simulates the power switch being pushed and it used to shut down the computer in the event of a pump failure or other catastrophic event. The cable is not provided with the Leakshield and is optional. You don't need to worry about this Signal connector now. It's a nice to have feature but not required or essential to operation.

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 07:37

I should inform you that this is my first time building such a high end build and watercooled .. i have the 2 pin psu jumpstarter plugged on the mobo cable header and the sata line inside the PSU. Do you think i should plug stuff already and see if it wakes up . Or should order this usb A , 5 pin cable for now until AQ respond to my email enquiry i've made 2 days ago . https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-cooli…n-length-200-cm

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »r3volt97« (9. März 2022, 07:43)

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 08:10

Hi,

Could you supply some more information on your components, like a Bill of Materials list?
What components do you have in your system?

Regarding the hose to the fill port; push the blue ring slightly in (inward towards the port) while pulling the hose out.
It's responsible for clamping the hose so it doesn't accidentally go out on its own.

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 10:29

Aorus X570 rev 2
Ryzen 9 5950X
Trident Z Royal Elite
ASUS THOR 1200W
Powercolor Red devil 6800
Ultitube D5 150 PRO
Phanteks T30 with led frames

appreciate it guys

Hi,

Could you supply some more information on your components, like a Bill of Materials list?
What components do you have in your system?

Regarding the hose to the fill port; push the blue ring slightly in (inward towards the port) while pulling the hose out.
It's responsible for clamping the hose so it doesn't accidentally go out on its own.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »r3volt97« (9. März 2022, 10:59)

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 19:59

The color of the GND (ground) wires on the USB are black.So pin number 7 & 8 on the USB 2.0 connector.
You can't really use the USB 3.0 ports, the pinouts are very different.
The small micropin is also a bit tricky. I however managed to push the connector in with the wires straight in.
Rule of thumb with connectors; if you have to 'force' it, its not oriented correctly.
You're right that the 5 pin is for USB, 4 pin is for RGBpx. The 3 pin is for shutting down power in the event of a major pressure drop.
I hope I can be of more help.

Donnerstag, 10. März 2022, 08:52

FIXED :D

All i needed is to connected the whole system all together since the ErP likely to have cause this issue .

However , having an issue with the Splitty9 , middle fan tries to take off but ain't able to , they're Phantek T30's daisy chained with the led frames , connected to the RPM header on this hub - the PWM cable from INPUT to motherboard . I'd also like to ask what would normal parameters look like , regarding pressure and so on . And i almost forgot , i still require some water inside the radiator since the monoblocked hasn't topped up i can observe .

Donnerstag, 10. März 2022, 12:32

Splitty9 is designed that you connect each fan individually to it with 1 fan connected to the RPM header, then connect it by one cable to your PWM mobo header
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Donnerstag, 10. März 2022, 23:51

I see , i'll figure it out in the morning hopefully i'd make it work .

Freitag, 11. März 2022, 20:28

So now with everything connected properly it's still doing it . Should i bother more or look for something else

Another thing that happened , i left the 100ml of air space inside the rest and after 2-3 flushings that i've done since i had to remove some soft tubing about 2 times i found droplets of water around the top and some bits on the membrane , do you think it will still measure or should i not bother until it's dry , thank you .

Mittwoch, 16. März 2022, 04:14

my loop can't hold pressure , sometimes it holds 250 mbar just fine then dropping 1 each few seconds , is it due to my 10/13 tubing ? I've tested everything until i've reached the pump , still leaking.

Mittwoch, 16. März 2022, 12:23

Question; is the water temperature changing?

Mittwoch, 16. März 2022, 13:52

before i was able to fireup Leakshield yes , it has changed a few times . I remember it wasn't able to show me the fill level
Question; is the water temperature changing?

Mittwoch, 16. März 2022, 22:44

Tested the pump again after dismantling everything and refitting , the result is the same as in this thread :

[Need Help] Leakshield cannot draw vacuum, Sees fill level as 0%, No leaks present in loop after two days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y92YjXkXxHQ&ab_channel=AnthonyGasbarro

Mine is trying to build pressure , clocking 80-85 and nothing more ... what's more akward now is even tho i unscrew the lid bit by bit it's not dropping .

It was ok before