• 24.05.2024, 21:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield Setup Issues?

Dienstag, 15. März 2022, 19:49

I recently bought a combo d5/leakshield and have not been able to get the pressure above 60-80 mbar. My loop is airtight. I think the issue is the seal and or valve on the leakshield. I've tested the pump housing outside of the loop with two g1/4 threaded plugs on the inlet and outlet ports. Then ran the pressure test and it still did not rise above 60-80 mbar. Is there anything I can do to determine if the valve is the issue?

Mittwoch, 16. März 2022, 03:49

I'm in the same boat , i've checked every component down to the pump and there's still pressure going out ( i'm on 10/13 soft tubing tho ).

Mittwoch, 16. März 2022, 08:18

You would be surprised how sensitive the Leakshield is.

I've had to test each step individually to find the cause of the leak.
It turned out that it was near the Leakshield itself. You have to make sure that the gasket is in properly, that the Leakshield isn't attached improperly (I turned it counter clockwise to ensure it was level in the thread) then I had to tighten it a lot.
I think this is merely due to the diameter.

For me, I carefully (first time building a water cooling loop) tested each part to narrow down where the air was leaking in.
Remember also to hold the Ultitube when attaching the Leakshield so as not to unscrew any other parts of the combo unit.

Donnerstag, 17. März 2022, 17:01

Are you saying there is a gasket on top of your utilitube? I don't believe mine has one - I thought the gasket was on the leakshield - that might be my issue

Donnerstag, 17. März 2022, 19:54

welp... found the gasket - definitely my fault - not sure why my brain thought - oh cool extra gasket when I installed the pump - but definitely working fine now.

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 15:09

sounds exactly the same issue I am having and there was defiantely no gasket in the box as I checked on more than one occasion.
is it possible to purchase a gasket/oring seperately then otherwise I only have a nice screened top to my ultitube :wacko:

Samstag, 19. März 2022, 21:33

The so called gasket is an actual o-ring ??

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2003

i have purchased the Ultitube pro 150 , i've installed the o-ring round the bottom pump then a bigger rubber gasket at the of the Ultitube and nothing for the top where Leakshield screwing in . Did i miss something ?

Dienstag, 22. März 2022, 07:56

This; Replacement gasket for ULTITUBE reservoirs (aquacomputer.de)
is the actual gasket that came with the kit I bought.

In my loop, the D5 NEXT was already mounted on the ULTITUBE.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »RBMDragon« (22. März 2022, 07:57)

Mittwoch, 23. März 2022, 01:42

Was it at the bottom of the tube ?

Mittwoch, 23. März 2022, 07:36

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3860
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Donnerstag, 24. März 2022, 22:55

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3860
already having a filter , i have procut number 34122 at the bottom the one u first linked me to . I've looked at the Leakshield properly and there is room for a big o-ring . They only have sent one for the pump . Mine is still broken , even not mounted on - it's still showing 80-85 mBar on the display ..

Freitag, 25. März 2022, 07:37

The Ultitube has 3 gaskets, the top one is this molded part , the bottom one is integrated with the filter and the pump has an O-ring.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
From the productpage:"At the bottom of the reservoir, an integrated stainless
steel mesh filter element effectively separates both particles and air
bubbles from the coolant. The mesh filter is integrated into a molded
rubber part and can be rinsed with tap water. The gasket between glass
tube and lid is also a molded rubber part, designed to be securely held
in the right position during fastening of the lid.
"
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Freitag, 25. März 2022, 08:35

When i first installed my res i had it alright but because i unscrewed the lid so many times as i either did cable management or had to refill , i incorectly screwed it enough times to make me disassemble and look for a flaw . Found few stains ( from my Primo prep treatment ) on the threads on the bottom pump which looked very dry and i though the top gasket was supposed to be at the bottom . I had good and bad readings from the Leakshield before , afterwards only capping 80 to 90 so i guess i'd better get on it as soon my loop gets treated by the Primochill substance .

By the way , are they gonna truly provide us with consumables when needed ?

Freitag, 25. März 2022, 10:18

Zitat

By the way , are they gonna truly provide us with consumables when needed ?
I do not understand the question.