• 22.06.2024, 06:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Unable to set up email, confused as to how to set up alarms/force computer actions

Donnerstag, 31. März 2022, 20:46

Hi all,

I was hoping the aqua suite software would be easier to use but I keep running into walls constantly.

I am trying to setup email notifications which were no issue in my Synology nas, but here they don’t work I get no notification that anything was sent or that it didn’t work, but I have no successful test emails. There’s no options for authentication and it’s very bare bones, I don’t know how to make this work.

Also I’m very overwhelmed by the process. Simply put I want to send an email when my temps cross 80 on my cpu, 100 on my gpu memory junction and to shut down when they go over that. I think I understand the process somewhat but there must be a guide on how to best do this? The screen shots don’t help that I’ve found.

Thanks in advance.

Montag, 4. April 2022, 08:10

Really hoping someone can help with this, spent another hour today trying to fix the issue with the email notification and not a single email has been sent to me, I have tried 10 different email accounts to just try and get a test message to send.

Nothing works, at all. I'm starting to get really frustrated as I was really wanting this to be able to notify me right away, but that doesn't seem to be possible and I'm not sure what to do.

Montag, 4. April 2022, 09:03

Post pictures of where you make which settings, then we can possibly help you.

The setup of a mail account is actually as self-explanatory as with any mail program.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 4. April 2022, 13:49

As per the OP I can see the same issue.

COnfigured as correctly as I can using the limitations of AS for using smtp.gmail (inc a application specific password) however there are no options to set SSL/TSl (which is a requirement)

Click on Send Test Email and nothing gets sent

EDIT:

Im a donkey, helps if I type my email address correctly for authentication
»WinstonWoof« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • AS_Email.png
  • testmail.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (4. April 2022, 13:55)

Montag, 4. April 2022, 14:14

On the subject of encryption, Google does not allow any communication without encryption, neither do any of my mail providers.
But you don't have to set anything, everything is done automatically via the port that you enter.

If it doesn't work it's either a provider that doesn't work, there was a post about that not so long ago, or just an input or configuration error.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Dienstag, 5. April 2022, 17:56

On the subject of encryption, Google does not allow any communication without encryption, neither do any of my mail providers.
But you don't have to set anything, everything is done automatically via the port that you enter.

If it doesn't work it's either a provider that doesn't work, there was a post about that not so long ago, or just an input or configuration error.

But what are providers that do work? The previous poster clarified the exact issues I'm having.

The ONLY way I've gotten it to work is with a 3rd party mail client where I would have to pay yearly to keep it active which I would rather not do.

unfortunately I've spent a long time searching and looking for "email" in the english forum, I'm back to 2005... so if it was posted, maybe it was in another language?

I would love to know a simple provider that might work with this, the fact that you can't specify any further settings or even receive an error message makes troubleshooting impossible. You can't know if you've entered something in correctly or not. In the end, it's clear it works, but I would like to find a better solution and maybe see a list of known working email providers, I'm sure there are some - Google and Yahoo are not it, but why don't those work - unless we know the why, there's no way of figuring out who to choose.

Remayz

Dienstag, 5. April 2022, 18:26

i tried with my gmail account, no luck either

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 01:01

i tried with my gmail account, no luck either

Havent tried anything other than the test mail using my google account but as per my earlier post that worked (after I corrected my digital dexterity error)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 03:02

i entered my details just like you, but the test email never makes it.
i first used my login as.. login.. saw your post and entered the email adress instead. still no bueno.

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 03:09

I was able to send emails to my GMail account. I had to mess with it a bit. Its been awhile since I set it up. I don't recall exactly what I had to do to get it working but will look (rig is down right now). It is possible to send emails to a GMail account.

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 07:21

When you send Mails via Gmail with pop/imap you have to activate it in the google account admin console.
Only when this is activated, you can send mails with other software than gmail or web interface. This has nothing to do with aquasuite, you have to do this when you use external software to send/receive mails.

This is the same for may other mail providers to prevent to send spam mails with hacked accounts.

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 08:05

When you send Mails via Gmail with pop/imap you have to activate it in the google account admin console.
Only when this is activated, you can send mails with other software than gmail or web interface. This has nothing to do with aquasuite, you have to do this when you use external software to send/receive mails.

This is the same for may other mail providers to prevent to send spam mails with hacked accounts.

Activated and as I use 2Step Auth have also generated an application specific password

Ok so having configured a test output to see if a mail is sent when a threshold is breached I can confirm I am not receiving a mail when this is triggered (either by using test output data or using the "Send Ouput" option on the final step).

I am however receiving a test mail from the test button on the settings page

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 08:43

The message goes to a different mail address than the one stored in "accounts"?

The test always goes to the same address, so I would first look for the error at the destination address of the notification.

If you also enter the send address from "accounts" in the notification, will anything change?

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 10:19

The test always goes to the same address, so I would first look for the error at the destination address of the notification.

If you also enter the send address from "accounts" in the notification, will anything change?

The "To Address" is to my own Domain all of which is wildcarded to my gmail account

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 10:28

The "To Address" is to my own Domain all of which is wildcarded to my gmail account

OK Update

If I change the "To" email in the Output config to my gmail address then it sends just fine.

If I enter any other email address (tried my own domain plus my works email) the mail does not get sent.

NB this is *not* a gmail limitation as I have my security cameras configures in the same fashion (ie to send vis googles smtp servers) and that works just fine to multiple diferent email addresses at multiple domains

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 10:46

Now the question is, will the mail be sent and not arrive, or will it not be sent?

I would try to take the own domain as the sender address and test it again.

I have meanwhile also tested, for me the own domain and gmx works without problems, with gmail nothing works right away.

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 12:51

Now the question is, will the mail be sent and not arrive, or will it not be sent?

I would try to take the own domain as the sender address and test it again.

I have meanwhile also tested, for me the own domain and gmx works without problems, with gmail nothing works right away.

And where exactly would you chnage the sender address (do you mean on the Accounts page) ?

More to the point you should not need to change the sender address for each recipient you want to send too, thats just plain daft!

A similar config on my security cams allows me to send grom my @gmail.com to any recipient I want without having to chnage the from email

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 14:57

gmail is working, you have to active less secure apps:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

alternative:
Create a app account for aquasuite
https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 15:47

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is not about what should or should not be, but about finding the reason for the behavior shown.

And yes I mean to create a new account with a different mail and test the whole thing with this, in Playground you can change the account simply with a selection box.

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 17:48

gmail is working, you have to active less secure apps:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

alternative:
Create a app account for aquasuite
https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords

As I stated above I have , because I hafe2FA set up, created an application specific passowrd for use with legacy apps