• 28.04.2024, 13:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite monitoring page causing PC shutdown

Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 19:37

Hi,

I'm stress testing temps on a Ryzen 5900X and RTX 3080 by running CPU and GPU at 100%.
I've run the stress test several times for just over 1/2 hour each time and there are no stability issues when Aquasuite is running and minimized to the taskbar.

During the test if I open an Aquasuite page to view temps the page opens ok and displays for a few refreshes then after about 10 seconds my PC shuts down.

I get the shutdown using either Aquasuite hardware monitoring sensors only or hwinfo sensors only with no other monitoring software running.

If I run MSI afterburner with Aquasuite minimised I can view the Afterburner graphs for the whole of the test without any issues so it looks like displaying the Aquasuite page is causing the shutdown

The page is a very basic page and I've no idea why displaying it would consistantly cause a shutdown.
»chris1508« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Screenshot 2022-04-06 183212.png

Donnerstag, 7. April 2022, 08:01

I've run the stress test several times for just over 1/2 hour each time and there are no stability issues
ew refreshes then after about 10 seconds my PC shuts down

so it looks like your pc is not 100% stable after all.
Set the bios to Failsave Defaults and test if the PC crashes then. Most programs to test load/stability do not cover everything to check if the PC is stable.
Basically the MSI AB is very invasive. You should set up EVERY software as an exception that should not be used by AB. (aquasuite, service, service helper ...) This software uses a similar behavior as a virus and not every software can handle it.

Maybe an issue with the PSU.

Freitag, 8. April 2022, 16:40

I've finally worked out the cause of the instability.

I'm using a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC GPU which has overclocked default factory settings.

It looks like the default factory settings are a bit too aggressive as I need to underclock GPU and memory nearer to reference clocks to get stability.

This is my first and last Gigabyte GPU. I've always used OC Asus Strix GPUs before and never had any stability issues with default factory settings.

Remayz

Freitag, 8. April 2022, 18:00

could be your PSU if the GPU isn't stable?

Look on your GPU, if it's the one Google told me, it should have a dual BIOS. the default one is OC. If that's the case, turn off the PC, flick the switch and turn on ;)

Depending on the power limits they enforce with the OC BIOS, it's possible it's pushing your PSU a bit hard, depending on what you have.

Samstag, 9. April 2022, 02:02

I've got the waterforce version of the GPU but it's still got the OC and silent dual bios. I flipped the switch to silent bios and it looks like it's now stable at default factory settings.

The PSU is a 3.5 years old 850W Seasonic Prime Titanium which should be good for quite a few more years. The power cables going into the GPU are seperate from each other and CPU and GPU combined power draw peaks at 504W for both bioses. The PSU should be able to cope ok with the load.

I'll stick with the silent bios for now until I get a chance to test OC bios with a different PSU.

Thanks for your suggestion, it seems to have fixed the stabilty problems without needing to underclock. :thumbsup:

Remayz

Samstag, 9. April 2022, 15:15

If you use cable extensions for the power cables, it's a good idea to remove them too, they cause voltage drops leading to more instability.
If not, then you're all set :)