• 28.04.2024, 08:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fans stuck at 100%

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022, 19:56

I own an octo and never have any problems but a few nights ago I shutdown my pc for the first time in a while (besides restarts for updates) and when I turned it back on my fans are stuck at 100%. Aquasuite always resets to power preset instead of the curve I was using and no matter what I put the power preset to or make a curve for the fans don't change and just keep blowing full blast.

If I close and reopen the software again it's back to power preset and the curve is lost. My virtual sensors are still available.

My computer is literally unusable like this. I have 7 fans and two radiators so when they are going full blast like this I can't even hear myself think.
Nothing inside my computer has changed and I've had no problem for over a year...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tenno6« (3. Mai 2022, 19:57)

Sonntag, 8. Mai 2022, 04:08

I saw your new post expressing frustration that no one has responded to this post so I will give it a go.

This sounds like it could be a profile switching issue. Aquasuite X.45 introduced unlimited Profiles and rule based Profile switching with priority hierarchy. Is it possible that some condition is causing a different Profile to be activated? One where the Octo fan control is set to power preset? Have you confirmed that the Octo profiles are set up properly? Have you checked your Global Profiles and automatic profile switching?

If you are sure that an unanticipated Profile switch has not occurred, some more details might help like manufacturer and model number of the fans you have attached to it, the version of Aquasuite you are running, and the version of firmware the Octo is running. Are the fans each connected directly to an Octo PWM port or are there PWM splitters? Were there any Windows or driver updates immediately before this happened? Is the Octo USB cable plugged directly into a mobo USB2.0 header or is there an internal USB hub? Are there other Aquacomputer devices? What other USB devices are connected? Any new ones?

Since it has been working for over a year, they must be PWM fans. Since you can see the Octo in Aquasuite, the USB connection must be working. Have you tried completely shutting down, turning the PSU off, and pressing the power button a few times to drain any residual charge?

Sonntag, 8. Mai 2022, 16:52

I saw your new post expressing frustration that no one has responded to this post so I will give it a go.

This sounds like it could be a profile switching issue. Aquasuite X.45 introduced unlimited Profiles and rule based Profile switching with priority hierarchy. Is it possible that some condition is causing a different Profile to be activated? One where the Octo fan control is set to power preset? Have you confirmed that the Octo profiles are set up properly? Have you checked your Global Profiles and automatic profile switching?

If you are sure that an unanticipated Profile switch has not occurred, some more details might help like manufacturer and model number of the fans you have attached to it, the version of Aquasuite you are running, and the version of firmware the Octo is running. Are the fans each connected directly to an Octo PWM port or are there PWM splitters? Were there any Windows or driver updates immediately before this happened? Is the Octo USB cable plugged directly into a mobo USB2.0 header or is there an internal USB hub? Are there other Aquacomputer devices? What other USB devices are connected? Any new ones?

Since it has been working for over a year, they must be PWM fans. Since you can see the Octo in Aquasuite, the USB connection must be working. Have you tried completely shutting down, turning the PSU off, and pressing the power button a few times to drain any residual charge?

I don't use profiles and never have and the fans wont reflect changes
done to them live. I can do any changes I want and nothing actually
changes. Closing and reopening the software reflects that the settings
aren't saving at all either. Yes I have tried unplugging my psu and discharging any residual power which is actually my first step in troubleshooting anything. Again I don't use profiles and the profile switch is turned off but it shouldn't matter. I didn't update the software or anything since it was working before.

If I save my settings to the
profiles (all of them) nothing changes but next time I start the
software it says "device and profiles don't match" because again it just
defaults to 100%. If I click a profile it will change the settings
reflected to w/e like if I set it to 54% output or something, but again
the fans wont actually change they just stick to 100% and if I close and
reopen the software yet again it is defaulted to 100% but again it
doesn't fucking matter because changing the settings doesn't reflect to
the real world and my fans still sit there at 100% and the software
still reports them at 100%

Here after opening software. It is defaulted to 100%

Here I've changed the settings and the output doesn't change

Here is what I see if I click curve. It is defaulted to not having a source

Here I have added a source but it doesn't matter because again the fans wont reflect any changes made

And
again here is me opening the software again after closing it (and yes I
click the save icon every time) back to being defaulted to power output
100% and the profiles I've saved (just for seeing if it's a profile
issue) are not loaded so it says the profiles don't match, but if I
click a profile the settings will change to that profile but again
nothing actually changes. Fans still just blasting 100% like a jet
engine.

Remayz

Sonntag, 8. Mai 2022, 17:28

lost for lost, i'd try uninstalling / reinstalling aquasuite, then going to the Octo System tab to reset it to factory setting and try to create a new fan curve, see if it works.

But still pop an email to aquacomputer support in the meantime, it takes a few days to get an answer so better get it started now in case the Octo needs to get replaced.

Sonntag, 8. Mai 2022, 17:31

Already done all that and already msged aquacomputer and still no reply.

lost for lost, i'd try uninstalling / reinstalling aquasuite, then going to the Octo System tab to reset it to factory setting and try to create a new fan curve, see if it works.

But still pop an email to aquacomputer support in the meantime, it takes a few days to get an answer so better get it started now in case the Octo needs to get replaced.

Sonntag, 8. Mai 2022, 18:43

Are you seeing the same behavior on the other 7 Fan headers or just on Fan Header 1 ?

Montag, 9. Mai 2022, 04:56

It is interesting that if you set up a curve or whatever and save it in a profile that when you close and re-open AQS it says "device and profiles don't match". I have never seen this error but assume it shows up because the profile stored in AQS does not match the profile stored in the Octo, which seems to be stuck on all fans at 100%. When you change a value in the Octo fan control screen (ex - change from Power Preset to Curve Controller) do you see the little floppy disc SAVE symbol appear in the AQS sidebar in the Octo header for a few seconds? I think changes are sent to the Octo as you make them and that little floppy disc icon means that data is being written to the Octo. Also, have you tried going to the System tab in the Octo section and clicking on "Reset device to factory defaults"?

Edit - Oh I see Remayz has already suggested doing a factory reset and you posted that you already tried that. I am sorry but I am out of ideas. Aquacomputer has stated that it can take up to 2 weeks for them to respond to an email request for support. Can you move the fans to mobo PWM ports until you hear back from them?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (9. Mai 2022, 05:01)