• 19.06.2024, 19:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

looking for information on highflow next sensor usb protocol

Sonntag, 12. Juni 2022, 12:59

Hey there! I've got a Highflow NEXT sensor, and love it. However, I run Linux, and thus have to boot a Windows virtual machine to manipulate the NEXT or get data from it.

I see that the D5 NEXT pump now has a Linux kernel module. The trivial modifications to this module to pick up the NEXT sensor (adding its USB VendorID and ProductID) didn't work, so it's presumably running a different USB HID protocol. I'd like to take a go at adding kernel support for the NEXT sensor. Is any information available on its USB protocol?

thanks!

Sonntag, 12. Juni 2022, 18:00

Perhaps someone from Aquacomputer will share this information. Barring that, you may want to post this question in the HWINFO forum since the author of HWINFO has added support for Aquacomputer devices. The lesser known but more powerful system monitoring utility SIV supports the D5 Next. The author of SIV recently told me that he suspects that the protocol for the High Flow Next is the same as the D5 Next. You could ask him on the SIV forum..

Montag, 13. Juni 2022, 08:37

Is any information available on its USB protocol?
No, this is not information for the public.

Samstag, 18. Juni 2022, 02:40

I respect that Aquacomputer considers the details of their protocols to be proprietary, however a lot of it has been reverse engineered by several developers. if the data goes over USB, the packets can be captured and analyzed. The developers of OpenRGB and Signal RGB add support for devices all the time by doing data packet captures and figuring out the protocol. The result (if they are successful) is that their programs can now support the reverse engineered device. This can encourage people who want a single program to control all of their LEDs to buy the product because they know it's supported. RGBpx is great, but it can't control mobo or RAM LEDs. Also, people who depend on programs like AIDA64 and HWINFO may also be more likely to buy the product if they know that the sensor monitoring program they like to use can report data from the device.

I feel that the ability of these programs to communicate with Aquaomcomputer devices is a good thing but maybe Aquacomputer does not agree. Some companies (like HIWINFO) freely share information required to communicate with their devices and/or software. It makes their software appeal to more people. Others (like Corsair) like to keep everything "secret" to lock people into their ecosystem. I don't want to post information here that Aquacomputer considers proprietary, but would like to help OP out. Some guidance about what is appropriate and what is not would be appreciated.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (18. Juni 2022, 02:41)