• 27.04.2024, 03:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

briding other brands into aquasuite usb... corsair 750I smart power supply

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 22:50

I have a number of these Corsair modular psu which report temperatures, voltages on the rails, current on the rails, and you can
switch between single rail or multiple rails by software. It has a big fan built in that spins on demand. This is part of the Corsair iCUE usb based intelligent device line.

Any way I can get or make a Aquasuite sensor for the PSU from iCUE?

Remayz

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 22:54

from iCUE no, but using HWinfo you can.
Aquasuite can access HWinfo data, so you can get the power supply info from there.

But HWinfo also conflicts with iCUE so you will more than likely have to ditch iCUE to get that.

Montag, 11. Juli 2022, 22:58

i'm not using iCUE except to verify the devices.

I will look up HWinfo \

Remayz

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2022, 00:50

in HWinfo you have to enable "shared memory support" in the settings, and Aquasuite should show a HWinfo section under "Data from aquacomputer service" when browsing for sensor sources

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2022, 02:48

from iCUE no, but using HWinfo you can.
Aquasuite can access HWinfo data, so you can get the power supply info from there.

But HWinfo also conflicts with iCUE so you will more than likely have to ditch iCUE to get that.
Its more accurate to say that iCue conflicts with HWINFO. ICue conflicts with all sensor monitoring programs because Corsair refuses to use the proper global mutex's to properly queue sensor polling requests. It will conflict with HWINFO, AIDA64, CPU-Z, SIV, etc. IIRC, HWINFO will display a warning and ask you if you want to enable polling of iCue devices because of this problem. This is one of the reasons that I refuse to install iCue.

hwinfo shared memory access from aquasuite

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2022, 04:53

got it.
recipie:

In order to import hwinfo sensors I need shared memory installed and iCUE not running (at all as service)
So HWinfo needs to be live and the sensors visible from HWinfo to make it visible to AC.

That is a lot of overhead.

Polling that much shared memory can consume lots of threads.
Interrupt driving makes more sense but what I know from Shared Memory is from UNIX days.

dB

Remayz

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2022, 09:33

it barely takes any CPU time and memory. Nothing compared to the corsair service running in background for example ;)

RE: briding other brands into aquasuite usb... corsair 750I smart power supply

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2022, 16:09

I have a number of these Corsair modular psu which report temperatures, voltages on the rails, current on the rails, and you can
switch between single rail or multiple rails by software. It has a big fan built in that spins on demand. This is part of the Corsair iCUE usb based intelligent device line.

Any way I can get or make a Aquasuite sensor for the PSU from iCUE?
I'm not sure of your intended use for the data, but in my experience, the data coming off of Corsair's PSUs is very unreliable. I've had almost a dozen of those now (HX1200i, AX1600i), and all of them have followed the same path of degradation: everything works great, then the data stops updating in iCue with no errors presented, then single data streams start disappearing altogether and sometimes reappearing, and then no data is available at all.

I liked having the data when it worked, but it stopped working every single time. Hopefully you have better luck.

Remayz

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2022, 20:49

hey, don't blame the power supplies because iCUE is a piece of code thrash lol
Even today they keep losing fan speeds, CPU frequency on Ryzen, and sometimes the whole dashboard, depending on what the devs ate at breakfast on release day.

Hardware info DLL's from HWInfo

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2022, 11:47

iCUE is clueless... got it.
Trying this?

I got the data I want from the Corsair brands via HWInfo and using Aquasuite import from HWinfo;

Any thoughts on not having to run HWInfo service with Aquasuite?

https://performancepsu.com/open-hardware-monitor-source-code-dll-with-c/

Remayz

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2022, 11:49

AC would have to write corsair PSU monitoring into aquasuite...

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2022, 14:44

AC would have to write corsair PSU monitoring into aquasuite...
this is implemented, but currently not active. we activate this with one of the next releases.

Remayz

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2022, 17:10

what do they say? "Ask and you shall receive" ? :p

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2022, 19:19

This requires a little more time to test.

Remayz

Dienstag, 19. Juli 2022, 22:08

I just saw "power supplies" in the hardware monitoring indeed :)
I may switch back to AS monitoring when this will be activated. pretty nice option.

Stark

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 17:42

+1 to get Corsair ICue data.
Would be good to get values at least from my RM850i. if i can't get data from video card

Remayz

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 19:23

i have always used corsair so i don't even know what other PSUs have USB connexions.. what brands do that? and which will be supported by Aquasuite?

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 20:05

I have a Thermaltake iRGB Plus power supply that has a USB connector. Thermaltakes software is even worse than iCue but I can monitor it with SIV (not Gigabyte's SIV, RH Software's SIV). I have not yet figured out how to control the RGB fan in the PSU without installing their DPS-G app or TRGBPlus, which both suck. I was hoping that OpenRGB could control the PSU fan LEDs since it supports several Thermaltake fans but so far no luck.

Also, I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread so OP should be aware that HWINFO will turn off Shared Memory Access after 12 hours unless you buy the Pro version of the program. I use HWINFO and Shared Memory to import a lot of sensor data into Aquasuite so I paid for a Pro license. When Aquacomputer releases an update with support for the Corsair PSU this will not be an issue but you may want to get the Pro version of HWINFO anyway since using Shared Memory Access is such a powerful feature.