• 18.04.2024, 14:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Guides and Videos that help beginners

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2022, 02:18

I have Aquasuite installed now. I am overwhelmed right now. I do not know where or how to start setting the fans, pump and LED`s. Arethere guides and videos that show a beginner how to do this stuff?

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2022, 05:04

Maybe THIS helps

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2022, 01:44

Maybe THIS helps
That one is kind of outdated and it mostly explains the Aquero which I do not have. All I am learning from this software at this point is finding out how to change things, but have no idea where to set things. ?(

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2022, 04:04

The aquauite is a very powerful programs with many adjustments available.
Once you learn the work flow process behind the program, it is consistent throughout.

Perhaps to start with one specific control you want to setup, and we walk you through it?

RE: Guides and Videos that help beginners

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 14:43

I have Aquasuite installed now. I am overwhelmed right now. I do not know where or how to start setting the fans, pump and LED`s. Arethere guides and videos that show a beginner how to do this stuff?

You can detail the hardware and specs
Then others can make some suggestions :)

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 17:16

Maybe one thing to start with would be setting a fan or pump curve

By default the Octo outputs are at 0% PWM in "Power preset' mode. That's basically fixed speed. You have a slider and set a PWM% that will not vary at all.
This screen is very straightforward, only set the output level in %, you can rename the PWM channed to better describe what it's connected to (Pump, front radiator fans, exhaust fan, etc..) and set the maximum speed that device can achieve, to scale correctly the little status graphs.

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 17:21

Yes, I do need help on how to set up water pump and fans to get water temperature to lowest possible. I was watching videos by KayBee on YouTube about Aquasuite , and I like how he sets up his fans and water pump, but I don`t understand how he is doing it.

Here are my PC specs:
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero
i9 12900K
2 Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32GB 5600MHz
EVGA SuperNova 1200W P2
7 Lian Li BR Digital Fans 900 - 1800 RPM
Cable Mod Mod Mesh PS Cables
Lian Li 011D XL Case
Windows 11

Water Cooling Hardware:
EK Quantum Velocity2 CPU Water block
EK Quantum Vector2 + ABP GPU Water block
EK 011 D G1 Disttro Plate 3.1 DDC Pump
EK Loop Connect Temperature Plug Sensor
EK CryoFuel Premix Clear
2 Bykski 40mm x 360mm Radiators
Bitspower Hexagon Flow Indicator
Monsoon 1/2" x 5/8" Clear Tubing
Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings
Aquacomputer Octo PWM Controller
2 Aquacomputer Farbwerk 360 RGB Controllers

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (30. Juli 2022, 17:31)

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 17:45

The curve controler bit now :)

That's where you make, and tweak your fan curve

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (31. Juli 2022, 02:10)

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 17:53

I personally find the automatic setup nicer for making your fan curve.

You only need to decide what speed you want for your fans in idle, and under maximum load.

In this example, at idle (cold water will be 2 or 3° above ambient), fans at 20%, and under load, trying not to exceed 45°C on the water, fans at 90%

That's where you'll have to tweak. a 3090 FTW3 with a 12900K is going to get your water quite warm so, maybe idle temps will be a little higher, so you may raise the minimal temp to get the fans quiet..
And under load, if your water stabilizes at 40 with the fans making a racket, you may increase the maximum temperature from 45 to 50 for example, to let the water warm up just a little, with the fans running slower.

Adjusting the curve shape slider, you can have the fans respond sooner, or later to temperature increases

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 17:58

And if you ever decide to add an ambient temperature sensor to automatically adjust to your room warming up, you can create a virtual sensor in the Playground with a simple substraction (water temperature - ambient temperature = water dT over ambient) which can serve to control your fans, as the new controller source.

but...
That virtual sensor is not part of the Octo so you have to add it.
This works for any sensor that is not physically plugged into the Octo, and that you may want to use on the Octo :

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 18:25

For that ambient temp sensor i talked about, yo'ull want to connect it to an imput of the Octo and place it somewhere where it won't be directly taking warm exhaust from the case. Some install it close to an air intake, others like me leave it dangling off the desk out of sight.
From there, your Octo will have the water temperature sensor, and the room temperature sensor. That's where the fun stuff starts (it's a can of worms once you start to use the playground.. it will give you more ideas).

From there, same as before, Go to the octo sensor page, select a software sensor and add your new virtual sensor so the Octo can use it

It looks daunting when you open Aquasuite and see all these tabs, but when you start to see what they do, everything makes more sense, and you see how involved you can make your loop control.
You can use software sensors and hardware sensors to control RGB too. Some effects will allow you to vary parameters by sensor input.. like an effect accelerating when the water warms up, or changing colors etc...
You can keep it very simple, or go to town and make something completely nuts to your liking.

Oh and a bit i forgot, you don't have to create one fan curve per channel If the fans are to all use the same.
from the other channels, you can tell them to use the control mode of the channel that has the fan curve :

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (30. Juli 2022, 18:34)

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 23:49

Okay, thank you. I will start working on what you explained and I will report back to let you know how I did.

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 01:50

Here is what I did so far. I chose my temperature sensor as the Controller source. Is this correct? I then set my fans using the Curve Controller and automatic setup at the example (20% - minimum power, 90% - maximum power) you gave me because I am not sure what to choose yet. I do know that my water temperature averages 29C at idle and averages 45C under load.

What do those ambient temperature sensors look like and can they be bought from PC parts stores? So, that`s is far as I went as it looks like I need an ambient sensor to do the rest of what you explained, such as the Playground.

I set all my fans at the same settings, including the rear exhaust fan. Not sure if that one is supposed to set like the rad fans. My radiator setup is fans 1-3 on bottom radiator and is intake. Fans 4-6 are on the top radiator and is out take.I notice your rads are named as bottom and top rads. How did you do that? On mine they are just named as Fan 1, Fan 2, Fan 3, up to Fan 7.
I will try to post some pics of my Fan control page later.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (31. Juli 2022, 01:52)

Remayz

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 02:09

the sensors look like that, you may already have some :
https://www.amazon.fr/Doc-Micro-individuellement-capteur-Thermo/dp/B00414TOVC/

Those flat ones can be taped to components, heatsinks.. or left to dangle :)

For renaming the channels, look there. on the "fan setup" section in the bottom, that one is called "Fan 7". Just change the name there.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (31. Juli 2022, 02:12)

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 02:46

Yes, thank you. I do have some of those temperature sensors.

I changed the name of fans 1- 3 to Bottom Radiator, but now I have 3 Bottom Radiator names. How did you get 1 name for each fan you have on the rads?

Remayz

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 03:41

the fans are on splitters since there's 13 of them on 5 channels.

looks like that
https://www.amazon.fr/Cable-Matters-s%C3…s/dp/B07QB9D463

Side push, side pull and bottom rad channels have 3 fans each. Top rad has 2 fans, back intake has 2 fans.
We don't need individual control per fan on the same radiator. and it saves real estate too.
I'm using 5 channels only for 13 fans + pump, instead of using two Octos :p

Costs more for nothing, and it's impossible to share a fan curve with another controller as far as i know. So, 3 fan splitter cables it is.

The octo can supply up to 25W per fan channel, with a maximum across all 8 of 100W.
The highest power i've seen is around 5W with 3 high speed fans accelerating, so it's weeeeell below spec. PC fans don't use much power. Some crazy people using industrial Delta fans may need to keep an eye on power, but for us it's safe to use splitters within reason.

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 03:48

Oh, I see. I only have 7 fans. So, I put each fan directly to each Octo channel. Water pump on channel 8.

How can I get the CPU and GPU temps to show?

Remayz

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 03:59

if you go to the aquasuite service settings there is a Hardware Monitor section.
Tick the boxes of the devices you want Aquasuite to monitor (Processor, and Graphics Card)

After a few seconds, their data will then be available when you add a new virtual sensor, under "Data from Aquacomputer Service"

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 04:09

Ticked all the device boxes that I want to monitor in the Hardware Monitor, but can not find Data from Aquacomputer Service to add virtual sensor. Here is a screenshot of one fan curve. Did I do it right?

Update: I found "Data from Aquacomputer Service". But I do not know which CPU button to click on that shows temperature. There are so many. The same with the GPU. I would like it to show GPU temperature.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (31. Juli 2022, 04:24)

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 04:15