• 01.06.2024, 17:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

playing with heat exchanger (coolant to city water) and High Flow next

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 00:05

I'm experimenting with a Koolance plate heat exchnger. I'm running low pressure computer distilled water on one side and
high pressure (60-90) psi city water on the other side.

Can the HighFlow Next flow meters work at high city water pressures?
I want to measure the delta T from the hot to cold side and make a software sensor that can report the calories or BTU's carried off in the cold city water.

https://koolance.com/hxp-193-compact-plate-heat-exchanger

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 01:19

The Dr. Drop MANUAL states "Notice: A maximum pressure of 0.6 bar (full scale of manometer) must never be exceeded!". I believe this limit takes the entire loop into consideration. 90 PSI is around 6 bar, which is 10 times the prescribed maximum, and I believe could cause failure of the HFN. You may be able to add a PRESSURE REGULATOR on the city water side to alleviate the over pressure issue.

Is it your intent to run city water through the heat exchanger and down the drain.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (27. Juli 2022, 01:46)

heat exchangdr max working pressure: 213 PSI

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 01:52

to start, yes, or i can put a cooling tower outside.
The heat exchanger is rated

• Heat Transfer: 4.0 kW (13,600 BTU/hr) (@5LPM, Delta between inlets = 20°C)
  • Design Pressure: 15kgf/cm2 (213 PSIG)
  • Design Temperature: -100°C (-148°F) min, 200°C (392°F) max
  • Number of Plates: 12

heat exchanger in computer cooling

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 01:56

the computer loop runs at low pressure, warm water, the cold side runs city water full pressure.
My question is if i can use the high flow next with city water and at what max pressure?
dr. drop is not required; The only question is how to instrument the flow on the high pressure side.
Yes, I have a regular to set the max pressure from the city water side.

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 02:01

I mentioned the Dr. Drop because it has the only pressure reference I could find in the manuals.

If you have a pressure regulator that can drop the pressure to 0.5 bar or less before it hits the HFN, you should be OK.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (27. Juli 2022, 02:08)

RE: heat exchangdr max working pressure: 213 PSI

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 05:21

Your water must be inexpensive. That 5LPM 24/7 would cost me about $1500 per month.

Of course, if it drained into a garden or lawn, then it would be only about $300/mo. That's cheaper than air conditioning in the summer, but far more expensive than using outdoor air in the fall, winter, and spring.

RE: RE: heat exchangdr max working pressure: 213 PSI

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 08:00

Your water must be inexpensive. That 5LPM 24/7 would cost me about $1500 per month.

Of course, if it drained into a garden or lawn, then it would be only about $300/mo. That's cheaper than air conditioning in the summer, but far more expensive than using outdoor air in the fall, winter, and spring.

Forget about the cost, it's simply wasteful from an environmental POV

RE: RE: RE: heat exchangdr max working pressure: 213 PSI

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 14:11

If the water goes directly into the sewer, I agree. If this is water which is going to get used for something else, however, then this is actually good from an environmental standpoint.

RE: RE: RE: RE: heat exchangdr max working pressure: 213 PSI

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 16:23

If the water goes directly into the sewer, I agree. If this is water which is going to get used for something else, however, then this is actually good from an environmental standpoint.

trying to think of a valid scenario where you might have that much water flowing for extended periods of time and and also just when you want to use your PC ;o)

I've got a 300l aquarium.

Even if I did a 50% water change at 5LPM that's only half an hour....................

Hmm maybe I should use my PC to heat the aquarium :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (27. Juli 2022, 16:25)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 17:12

Yea with the droughts everywhere and water usage restrictions starting to kick in mid july, it kind of makes me itch :p

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 17:35

Yea with the droughts everywhere and water usage restrictions starting to kick in mid july, it kind of makes me itch :p

Well the OP is in Brooklyn. DO they have droughts there?

Remayz

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 18:41

Well the OP is in Brooklyn. DO they have droughts there?
no, but it depends where the water comes from :p
https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?NY

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: heat exchangdr max working pressure: 213 PSI

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 18:54

trying to think of a valid scenario where you might have that much water flowing for extended periods of time and and also just when you want to use your PC ;o)

I've got a 300l aquarium.

Even if I did a 50% water change at 5LPM that's only half an hour....................

Hmm maybe I should use my PC to heat the aquarium :)

I was thinking more like agricultural use. I guess that's pretty unlikely in Brooklyn though.