• 04.05.2024, 14:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Asus ROG Thor + AC led hardware

Montag, 10. Oktober 2022, 08:38

Thinking of buying an Asus ROG Thor 850w. Can I use any of the AC RGB hardware to drive the Thor 850 PSU LEDs?

Montag, 10. Oktober 2022, 08:57

Probably not, because the power supply, according to these pictures , has a 4 pin connector for the LEDs, aRGB is normally 3 pin.
So I assume that the connector is proprietary.
Of course, if an adapter cable to the 3 pin motherboard header is included, the chances increase.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 10. Oktober 2022, 09:53

Thanks for the info. I was watching the oc3d review done in 2018 and it had a 2 wire socket. Well I bought an Asus Tuf Gaming X570 board a couple of months ago and it does have a 4 wire Aura-sync header so I guess it's still a go. Especially as Amazon is selling them for about $135 (USD). However I've heard that a lot of people would rather use the Aquasuite than the Armory Crate software and I'm partial to AC stuff. ;)

I just noticed that my Asus mb has something called an Addressable Gen 2 Header. It has 3 pins: Ground, empty space, Data, +5V

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (10. Oktober 2022, 10:09)

Montag, 10. Oktober 2022, 10:32

I use the Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and the Armory Crate is horrible. I have not seen a single piece of software from a motherboard manufacturer that was any good in almost 30 years :-(

If you can only control the LEDs of the power supply via the Armory Crate and not directly via the bios, I would think about it :-)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022, 10:37

I installed the Armory Crate software on my Crosshair 3 Formula running Win10. It only took about 5 minutes for me to delete it. That software is BAD news!

If you can only control the LEDs of the power supply via the Armory Crate and not directly via the bios, I would think about it :-)
I haven't fired up the X570 mb yet. The Asus manual was garbage and didn't even mention anything about the UEFI/bios other than hit the delete key. Lol

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (12. Oktober 2022, 10:53)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022, 10:53

you're lucky they published a separate uninstaller now :)

Before they did, the only way to get rid of all the crap it installed was to reinstall windows from scratch.

Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022, 23:06

Before they did, the only way to get rid of all the crap it installed was to reinstall windows from scratch.
Are you saying the windows uninstall I did left a bunch of garbage on my computer?

Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022, 23:16

Armoury Crate is a friggin' virus in my book. My Crosshair VIII Dark Hero BIOS has an option to install this terrible program that is enabled by default. Sneaky Asus.The addressable Gen -2 header on the Asus mobo is for 5V DRGB LEDs.

Regarding that 4-pin connector on the Thor PSU, there is no way to know from the picture if they are 12V LEDs (4-pin) or 5V ARGB (or DRGB) LEDs (3-pin) with the 4th pin on that connector not being used. It does say Addressable Aura RGB. I looked at the Thor specs and it says Aura Sync ARGB so they are probably 5V LEDs. The Owner's Manual says the LEDs are Addressable which also indicates that they are 5V LEDs. but the pictures show a different connector. If they are 5V ARGB LEDs, you should be able to control them with an RGBpx port but you would probably have to make a cable that is RGBpx on one end and whatever that 4-pin connector is on the other end. If they give you a cable that has the 4-pin on the end that plugs into the PSU and a regular ARGB 4-pin (with one pin missing) on the other end, then you would just need the Aquacomputer #53282 RGBpx adapter.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022, 23:37

Are you saying the windows uninstall I did left a bunch of garbage on my computer?
I can't say, i installed armoury crate once and never touched it since.
For me, the uninstall left pretty much every 3rd party ram lighting driver and SDK in existence installed. I had to clean the registry by hand, find folders and delete manually.. and shortly after, gave up and reinstalled windows. But that was a long time ago.
In the motherboard support page, they offer an uninstaller now, so maybe it's a good idea to try it? just in case.