• 27.04.2024, 13:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Recommendation

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 02:39

Hey guys!

I'm thinking on getting either Quadro or OCTO.
At the moment with my Aquaero which is probably decade old I'm using 3 fan channel for 4 fans which 2 of the fans from NH-D15 ( NF-A15) are on splitter connected to one channel. All my fans are controlled via Power Control (3pin) and configure in Curve Control according to my hardware (CPU and GPU) temperatures that are all I really use.
Would and of those 2 controllers have similar UI in Aquauite ?

Thanks
»Dundys« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 1.png
  • 2.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. Oktober 2022, 02:41)

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 06:20

If you want to continue to use your fans you can not use either of them, both are pure PWM controllers and can not control 3 pin fans.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 07:09

I'm not interested in PWM, but I thought that one of them had at least Power Option and then Speed and PWM:huh:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. Oktober 2022, 07:11)

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 07:12

From the product page:

Zitat

The OCTO made by Aqua Computer is an eight channel PWM fan controller

Zitat

The QUADRO made by Aqua Computer is a four channel PWM fan controller
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 08:28

Yes I see it now, thank you.

How about Aquaero LT.
Is there a difference between XT and LT other then the display and RC, does the functionality is the same? If its the same, could I get LT and reinstall the display from my XT, would that work? My XT's first channel is acting up by randomly cutting off the voltage resulting in my NH-D15 either one or both fans stooping.

Thank you

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. Oktober 2022, 09:19)

Remayz

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 11:50

it's possible it's heating up too much :)
DC control heats up the control device when supplying low voltage for low speed (more voltage drop = more heat). If you can feel the chip powering that channel is burning hot in use, maybe just adding a little thermal pad + heatsink will do the trick.

You also have the option to add a Poweradjust unit with Aquabus. single channel but that may be all you need. There's also heatsinks for those.

Or just upgrade to PWM :p DC control is very inefficient, and pretty much obsolete now. (but.. new controller + new fans $$ bit of future proofing)

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 15:40

How about Aquaero LT.
Is there a difference between XT and LT other then the display and RC, does the functionality is the same? If its the same, could I get LT and reinstall the display from my XT, would that work? My XT's first channel is acting up by randomly cutting off the voltage resulting in my NH-D15 either one or both fans stooping.

Thank you

Perhaps.
I once stated the LT could take a display module, but Shoggy corrected me saying some LTs are fine with the controller function, but fail the display function test, and would not correctly drive the display module. I do not know what the percentage are.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 16:10

I think it might be less expensive to just upgrade to PWM fans. Noctua doesn't even have the 3-wire AF-15 listed on their website any more.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 17:24

it's possible it's heating up too much :)
DC control heats up the control device when supplying low voltage for low speed (more voltage drop = more heat). If you can feel the chip powering that channel is burning hot in use, maybe just adding a little thermal pad + heatsink will do the trick.

You also have the option to add a Poweradjust unit with Aquabus. single channel but that may be all you need. There's also heatsinks for those.

Or just upgrade to PWM :p DC control is very inefficient, and pretty much obsolete now. (but.. new controller + new fans $$ bit of future proofing)

Its not overheating, also, I have heat sink since day 1 and PA3 are only addition and even ultra if its on its own, It doesn't have the curve control. DC is only obsolete to people who don't mind PWM to taking over 90% control over your fans.
Thanks

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 17:30

How about Aquaero LT.

Thank you

Perhaps.
I once stated the LT could take a display module, but Shoggy corrected me saying some LTs are fine with the controller function, but fail the display function test, and would not correctly drive the display module. I do not know what the percentage are.

And watch, with my luck I will make it to fail on me if I would to change it :D

So LT would function exactly as XT but without display and RC, If that's the case I don't even use display and I could actually mount it somewhere hidden inside the case, I don't remember ever using RC either, all in Aquasuite.
Would be cool if Shoggy or other AQ member could confirm that.

Thanks

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 17:43

I think it might be less expensive to just upgrade to PWM fans. Noctua doesn't even have the 3-wire AF-15 listed on their website any more.

Yes, It would be cheaper but, also you don't have a way to fine tune the speed and although I don't think Noctua have ever had 3 pin fans larger then 120mm, but that is why DC is very handy. I love my PC to be as silent as possible and now all the fans are tuned to be at their min. RPM until temperature changes.
Thanks

Remayz

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:03

PWM does the same thing, but in a more stable manner actually.
depending on the fans it's hard to have stable low speeds on DC. some can stall while others still spin.
My current fans can go from 250 to 2500 RPM, and even at 250 RPM, they all run like clockwork, exactly the same speed. And contrary to DC they don't need a startup boost. they can start at 250 right away ;)

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:12

PWM does the same thing, but in a more stable manner actually.
depending on the fans it's hard to have stable low speeds on DC. some can stall while others still spin.
My current fans can go from 250 to 2500 RPM, and even at 250 RPM, they all run like clockwork, exactly the same speed. And contrary to DC they don't need a startup boost. they can start at 250 right away ;)
Are you running your fans via motherboard or controller. I think I did try once and could not set them to run as low as you can via DC and again, I love silence so ever since I didn't bother, but that was years ago and I got used to DC and the way I can set them to my liking. Also, doesn't PWM rump up frequently due to the pulsation and sensitivity.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:27

Now I'm a bit puzzled, but I did experience this behaviour few times in the past. I make my own cables, lots of them and never had issues with exception of few times when the 3pin even thou was crimped properly sometimes would act-up by doing the same I'm experiencing now..fans occasionally losing power. This cable I'm using now was made a long ago and was working fine till now and unless this is coincident or some weird thing I just change that able with new one and since this morning its working fine, in fact I can start my fans under lower voltage e.g. 5V oppose to 5.2V-5.3V, very strange, maybe there is nothing wrong with my Aquaero and the first channel.

Remayz

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:29

motherboard or controller, it's the same.
if i set them to 7% they will run at 250 RPM no matter what controller sends the square wave.

And if they jump up in speed, there's more to it that just "PWM". it happens when the software craps out (Corsair, i look at you) or if the signal is garbled, like what happened with the first Noctua PPC industrial when used on splitters and on the very first EK Vardars. loss of signal = full speed.
Both of these fans have been reworked and now function properly. basically they didn't follow the specifications and it caused issues.

Otherwise no, it's smooth as eggs, and since the fans always have the full 12V powering them, they keep their torque even at low speed. so, wether they are in front of a filter, a rad, an aircooler or in open air as case fan, they will maintain their speed better than DC fans who will have a weaker supply at low speed.
Ah, and if you ever consider maglev fans for silence... these simply do not work in DC control since they need the full 12V to levitate the rotor.

Another big bonus of PWM is, since you do not vary voltage, you can use splitters more freely. DC controllers heat up a lot the more fans they drive per header.. Again, the Corsair commander pro popping output transistors is a good example of what can happen with splitters and DC fans :p (but it's a cheap ass unit with no heat sinking either)

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:35

motherboard or controller, it's the same.
if i set them to 7% they will run at 250 RPM no matter what controller sends the square wave.

And if they jump up in speed, there's more to it that just "PWM". it happens when the software craps out (Corsair, i look at you) or if the signal is garbled, like what happened with the first Noctua PPC industrial when used on splitters and on the very first EK Vardars. loss of signal = full speed.
Both of these fans have been reworked and now function properly. basically they didn't follow the specifications and it caused issues.

Otherwise no, it's smooth as eggs, and since the fans always have the full 12V powering them, they keep their torque even at low speed. so, wether they are in front of a filter, a rad, an aircooler or in open air as case fan, they will maintain their speed better than DC fans who will have a weaker supply at low speed.
Ah, and if you ever consider maglev fans for silence... these simply do not work in DC control since they need the full 12V to levitate the rotor.

Another big bonus of PWM is, since you do not vary voltage, you can use splitters more freely. DC controllers heat up a lot the more fans they drive per header.. Again, the Corsair commander pro popping output transistors is a good example of what can happen with splitters and DC fans :p (but it's a cheap ass unit with no heat sinking either)
I see...I had no idea, thanks for the info. Right now all my cables are 3pin, but I will keep that in mid and maybe if I decide to give a try I will replace then with 4 pin PWM and go from there :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. Oktober 2022, 18:37)