• 05.06.2024, 22:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

jpbcx43

SOLVED: Octo + Splitty4 = 140mm Corsair fan flickering

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 03:35

Good afternoon!

I received a package today from Aquacomputer. I was able to get my Octo installed with the rest of my Aquacomputer components.

I seem to have some of my 140mm Corsair ML140 fans flickering - I tried adjusting the RGBpx controller strips in Aquasuite, however I'm unable to get rid of the flickering on some of my 140mm Corsair ML 140mm fans.

Here is my fan config:

3 x Corsair ML 140mm Front Radiator fans (Intake)
3 x Corsair ML 140mm Top radiator fans (Exhaust)
1 x Corsair ML 140mm Rear exhaust fan (Exhaust)
4 x Corsair SP 120mm Side exhaust fans (Exhaust)

I have 3 x Spitty4's wired up to the Octo in the following order:

Octo PWM output 1: Splitty4 (4 x 120mm fans - working fine)
Octo PWM output 2: Splitty4 (4 x 140mm fans - flickering)
Octo PWM output 3: Splitty4 (3 140mm fans - flickering)

As you can see from the below video - some of the 140mm fans RGB LEDs are flickering, but my 120mm fans are functioning normally. I'm having no other issues with speed, only RGB with the 140mm fans:
https://youtube.com/shorts/0hFa_rDaQRY?feature=share

Thank you for any help you may have!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jpbcx43« (10. Februar 2023, 14:07)

Remayz

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 09:44

does it happen if you use another color than white?
also in what order are they connected on the splitys?

Corsair fans are a bit tricky because they are connected in series, like LED strips. one bad led in the chain, and all the following ones will display garbage.

jpbcx43

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 13:38

does it happen if you use another color than white?
also in what order are they connected on the splitys?

Corsair fans are a bit tricky because they are connected in series, like LED strips. one bad led in the chain, and all the following ones will display garbage.
Unfortunately, it happens with all other colors as well. As of this morning, I'm only seeing flickering from 2 140mm fans. Only thing that changed was last night I re-seated the rgb connector from my rear fan, and now I'm noticing this morning the rear fan is OK, but the front top 2 140's are still flickering.

Order: The side 120mm fans are plugged into the first Splitty in the series, rgbpx out to the 2nd splitty that has 4 x 140mm fans plugged in, then rgbpx out to the 3rd splitty with 3 x 140mm fans.

jpbcx43

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 14:06

SOLVED:

The fix for this was to re-route the rgbpx. Instead of going rgbpx out from the 2nd Splitty4 in the series to the input of the 3rd Splitty4, I ended up going straight out of the Octo's 2nd rgbpx output into the input of the last splitty. I'm unsure why this was an issue as these fans only have 4 LED's each, so I shouldn't have been hitting the 90 led limit.

Remayz

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 15:12

Maybe signal degradation, noise...
Aren't all the new ML fans 8 LED fans? i think only the oldest ones were 4 leds.

jpbcx43

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 16:05

Maybe signal degradation, noise...
Aren't all the new ML fans 8 LED fans? i think only the oldest ones were 4 leds.
Hmm you may be right. That would make for a total of:

7 x ML140s: 56 LEDs
4 x SP120s: 32 LEDs
Total: 88

D5 Next, High flow next, and the RGB strip around my Ultitube were not plugged into the Octo....weird. Regardless, thank you!

Remayz

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 16:19

if you don't know, it means you didn't adjust yet the number of leds of the Octo RGB outputs :p
a can of worms worth opening, eventually

jpbcx43

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 16:24

if you don't know, it means you didn't adjust yet the number of leds of the Octo RGB outputs :p
a can of worms worth opening, eventually
I did try adjusting that as well, however I may have mis-calculated....... :S