• 27.04.2024, 22:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Alternative to Aquaero 5 pro ?

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 04:17

Hi all, I have been using my Aquaero 5 Pro with (D5 pump, Flow sensor 2, Thermal sensor) since 2012 when I build my PC and really like it.
In 2012 their was so many case with 5.25 front drive bays and at the time I have bought a Cooler Master Cosmos II (modified to fit a 360mm top rad).

A few months ago I bought a RTX 3080 FTW3. Now I'm planning to upgrade: CPU, motherboard, memory, NVME and a new case better fit for watercooling (2 x 360mm RAD, Front and top).

At the moment i'm looking for a few model: Fractal Meshify 2 or 2 XL, Corsair 5000D Airflow or 7000 D Airflow.

To my surprise none of those have front 5.25 drive bay or space to put my Aquaero 5 !

Anyone had successfully fit a Aquaero 5 or 6 in those case ? Where ?

Any alternative AquaComputer product that could be use as an alternative of my Aquaero 5 that would give me
same features ? And easy to install in today most cases ?

Can I remove the front display panel on my Aquaero 5 Pro to make a Aquaero 5 LT ?

Thank for your help

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 12:28

Zitat

Can I remove the front display panel on my Aquaero 5 Pro to make a Aquaero 5 LT ?
Yes, you can remove the display module from the aquaero 5, and using standoffs mount the unit against any bulkhead.

If you wanted to get a newer controller, I would suggest the OCTO (Unless the fans are power modulated, or you are using some of the more esoteric features of an aquaero).

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 18:41

My last build was in a Fractal Meshify II XL. No it does not have a 5.25" front drive bay but it is a very well built case and easy to build in. I do wish there was more room in the rear of the case. Cases with 5.25" drive bays are hard to find these days which I think is why the Aquaero's days are numbered. The Aquacomputer Online Shop only lists 3 Aquaero products, none of which mount in a 5.25" drive bay. You can still find Aquaero models that mount in a drive bay in stock here and there but I think these units are leftovers. Aquacomputer products have pretty much migrated to devices that connect via USB. Aquabus is becoming obsolete except in certain specialty cases. It's a shame because the Aquaero has features that the Octo and Quadro do not.